Purr request, good stuff, and where I've been

Old July 16th 08, 10:34 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Enfilade

Default Purr request, good stuff, and where I've been

People may have noticed my absence/sporadic presence lately so here's
an update for everyone....

I moved halfway across the country last summer and quickly got a job
at a law firm. Unfortunately, six months in, my employer and I
mutually hated one another. I couldn't do anything right, and they
couldn't spare time to teach me. I was fired "without fault,"
basically stating that while I was professional and worked hard, I
didn't belong there.

Because the firing was not my fault (ie due to misconduct on my part),
I was able to go back on Employment Insurance, which I did.

I had interviews, which didn't work out, and took a part time minimum
wage job in May, working nights at a hotel. I loved the job, but
couldn't make a living on the pay without EI supplementing my income
to a basic living wage.

My EI runs out on Saturday.

Today:

Job Interview: 8 am
Hiring: 10 am
Begin Working: 11 am

Still kinda bewildered. I just fell into a full time job (30-35
hours a week, borderline full time I guess, but enough.) It's a one
year maternity leave contract right now, but the person I'm replacing
says she's considering if she wants to return to work at all or become
a stay-at-home-mom.

Tomorrow's gonna stink too....12-7 at the new place, 11-6:30 am at the
hotel, 7:15-1:15 at the new place. Just when I thought I'd broken the
caffeine addiction...

I'm going to get rid of my Thursday night hotel shift ASAP, go down to
one night a week ASAP (my boss at the hotel knows this) and if they
can't help me out, I"m going to resign. I really don't need a part
time minimum wage job to live on any more, though if I can swing one
shift a week on Friday or Saturday night, I'll gladly take the bucks
because...my hotel job is mostly about watching security cams and
answering phones and doors, and I'm actually encouraged to read books
draw and drink their tea while on shift.

Anyway, I'm now the office manager for an alternative health care
clinic offering network-spinal-analysis chiropractic, craniosacral,
massage therapy, and infrared sauna.

DP is much amused. I'm going to start digging a trench in the living
room for the inevitable medical-scientific-establishment vs the arts
of alternative care war that's coming.

I'd like some purrs that this position works out for me. I'm honestly
scared that, considering the disaster that was my law job, that
everything might stink all over again--and I don't have enough hours
to get EI should this job not work out for me. I think this is a much
better environment for me, but I'm still a little gun-shy.

--Fil

Things happen fast.

Interview: 8 am
Hiring: 10 am
Begin Working: 11 am

Still kinda bewildered.

I have literally three days left on my Employment Insurance and I just
fell into a full time job (30-35 hours a week, borderline full time I
guess, but enough.)

Tomorrow's gonna suck ass, too....12-7 at the new place, 11-6:30 am at
the hotel, 7:15-1:15 at the new place. Just when I thought I'd broken
the caffeine addiction...

I'm going to get rid of my Thursday night shift ASAP, go down to one
night a week ASAP (my boss at the hotel knows this) and if they can't
help me out, I"m going to resign. I really don't need a part time
minimum wage job to live on any more. If they can, though, I'm going
to work one night a week, probably weekends, on account of the hotel
basically pays me to draw, write, read and surf the net. I don't mind
taking home sixty bucks a week for what I'd be doing anyway. That's
good toy money there.

Anyway, I'm now the office manager for an alternative health care
clinic offering network-spinal-analysis chiropractic, craniosacral,
massage therapy, and infrared sauna.

Zodiac is much amused. I'm going to start digging a trench in the
living room for the inevitable medical-scientific-establishment vs the
arts of alternative care war that's coming.

In other news, my income has effectively doubled so I see toys and an
Xbox 360 in my future.

Let's just hope this position works out for me. I'm honestly scared
that, considering the disaster that was my law job at Smart & Biggar,
that everything might stink all over again. I think this is a much
better environment for me, but I'm still a little gun-shy.
Old July 16th 08, 11:36 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Joy

Congratulations and purrs for this job to be perfect for you, and vice
versa.

--

Joy

If you don't have a sense of humor you probably don't have any sense at all.

Old July 17th 08, 12:25 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Bobblespin

Enfilade wrote in news:0f53848b-3626-
:

[...]

Did you enter the draw this week at TD Canada Trust for the Xbox 360?
The draw is next Monday. Try to drop by and ask any teller for a form -
your luck seems to be good these days and you might win. Hope your new
job works out.

Bobble

Old July 17th 08, 01:18 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Kreisleriana[_3_]

"Enfilade" wrote in message
[...]

I know exactly how you feel. Nothing can suck the life out of you like the
wrong job. Purrs that all works out for you.

--
Theresa, Stinky and Dante
drtmuirATearthlink.net

Old July 17th 08, 01:48 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

Enfilade wrote:

People may have noticed my absence/sporadic presence lately so here's
an update for everyone....

Congrats on the new job! If you were as unhappy with your old job as
they were with you, then this says more about the bad match than it does
about you, personally. Sometimes it really doesn't work out even if the
person is smart, skilled and has a good attitude, etc. I'm glad they
were willing to see you objectively and put it on record that you are
professional and hard-working and that they fired you because you didn't
fit in with their company. Sometimes that just happens. And unless you've
had a pattern of this happening in the past, I'd say you have little to
worry about. That would be a remarkably bad coincidence and isn't likely.

Good luck!!

--
Joyce ^..^

Old July 17th 08, 03:41 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Marina

Enfilade wrote:

Let's just hope this position works out for me. I'm honestly scared
that, considering the disaster that was my law job at Smart & Biggar,
that everything might stink all over again. I think this is a much
better environment for me, but I'm still a little gun-shy.

Lots of purrs that it works out for you, and that the soon-to-be-mom
decides she wants to stay at home, and the position becomes permanent
for you, and that you love it there.

Old July 17th 08, 03:53 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Victor Martinez

Enfilade wrote:
Let's just hope this position works out for me. I'm honestly scared
that, considering the disaster that was my law job at Smart & Biggar,
that everything might stink all over again. I think this is a much
better environment for me, but I'm still a little gun-shy.

Lots and lots of purrs for this to work out for you.

--
Victor M. Martinez
Send your spam he

Old July 17th 08, 04:04 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Sam

Enfilade wrote:
[...]

Purrs that the new job works out well for you and that the "traditional
vs alternative" discussions stay civil.

Sam, supervised by Mistletoe
Old July 17th 08, 04:05 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Susan M[_3_]

Enfilade wrote:

My EI runs out on Saturday.

Today:

Job Interview: 8 am
Hiring: 10 am
Begin Working: 11 am

Still kinda bewildered. I just fell into a full time job (30-35
hours a week, borderline full time I guess, but enough.)

Well, I'm rooting for you Fil. Often when it happens like this, its all
a good thing.

snip

Let's just hope this position works out for me. I'm honestly scared
that, considering the disaster that was my law job at Smart & Biggar,
that everything might stink all over again. I think this is a much
better environment for me, but I'm still a little gun-shy.

I can hear DH telling me that the past doesn't predict the future.
Maybe just look at the past as a false start? Sounds like this should
do well and I wish you luck!

In which city do you reside now Fil, my fellow Canadian?

Susan M
Otis and Chester

Old July 17th 08, 07:12 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Kyla =^. .^=`[_2_]

"Joy" ...
Congratulations and purrs for this job to be perfect for you, and vice
versa.

--

Joy

I couldn't have said it better.
PURRS
Hug
Kyla

Purr request Ann Cat anecdotes 14 March 19th 08 10:32 PM
Purr Request GaDragonfly Cat anecdotes 17 March 6th 08 11:07 PM
OT Job purr request :o/ Helen Miles Cat anecdotes 14 April 13th 05 05:55 PM
Purr Request CatNipped Cat anecdotes 28 December 13th 04 07:48 PM
purr request Kathryn Cat anecdotes 8 January 7th 04 01:40 AM