Aggie Marble Jan 1993 - Mar 2009

Old April 4th 09, 01:29 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Charleen Welton

Default Aggie Marble Jan 1993 - Mar 2009

Thank you. She was a very happy cat when she got her own way and that
wasn't difficult-- just leave her alone under the bed! She did not ever
play with toys or with the other cats. She was very content to be an
observer when she would sit under the dinning room table and watch the
feline activity. At night she would read with me. All that plus the litter
box and eating was her whole life and she never seemed unhappy with it. She
was a beautiful black and silver tabby. We were as happy that she was here
as it appears that she was happy to be here. I appreciate your kindness.
Charleen

"Gandalf" wrote in message
On Thu, 2 Apr 2009 16:21:52 -0400, "Charleen Welton"
wrote:

Aggie is gone but there is so much of her still here.

Aggie Marble was dumped in my arms when she was a kitten because she was
"a
good pet." The people who had her didn't know she was a feral cat. She
ran
under our bed and stayed there for nine and a half years coming out at
night
for food and to use the litter box. The day she walked into the living
room
David and I just couldn't believe what we were seeing, we were so glad for
her and for us.

Aggie Marble had problems, many problems with UTI's and there were always
litter box situations. We were told by one vet that Aggie also had ISSUES,
that had to be taken care of by a feline behavorist.

Aggie didn't like any of the other cats. She didn't ever like other
people.
She often came into the public rooms of the house when food or treat cans
or bags were being opened. Sometimes she would lie under the dinning room
table and watch what was going on but was very content to not join in and
stay under the bed. She didn't go outside by her own choice.

Aggie Marble was my Girlfriend. We were the only females in a house full
of
males for many years. At night she would lie on my tummy/chest while I
read
and patted her at the same time. She would purr and head butt my book.

Her kidneys failed. She and I and Dr. Hernandez worked very hard to make
this all come out alright. But when I took her to the clinic again she
had
lost her zest, she was tired, she had started vomiting, her values were
high
again.

As I petted her she was so completely relaxed, not a bit tense as she
usually is in the vets office. It was time to let her go to where she
would
feel well again.

Aggie Marble was 16 years and two months old. David and I are so glad
that
other family didn't want her and we got her. She made quite an impact on
our lives and we hope we did on hers.

Charleen, a very sad Kitty Mom

I'm so very sorry for your loss.

I am glad that you were able to take her in, and give her a good life,
on her terms.

Most people would not have been nearly patient enough to let her be
herself, as cats are often wont to be. She was obviously happy to be
with you.

~~~~~~~~~~~~ ^..^

- Robert Heinlein

Old April 4th 09, 01:31 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Charleen Welton

"wafflycat" wrote in message

Condolences. It hurts when they leave us.

Yes, it does Helen. But that is the reality of being owned by a cat which I
always forget after the first petting session. Thank you.
Charleen

Old April 4th 09, 12:03 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Steve Touchstone[_3_]

(((Charlene)))))

Hugs and purrs for those left behind. A candle will be lit for her
journey.

Old April 4th 09, 09:51 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Takayuki

"Charleen Welton" wrote:
As I petted her she was so completely relaxed, not a bit tense as she
usually is in the vets office. It was time to let her go to where she would
feel well again.

Aggie Marble was 16 years and two months old. David and I are so glad that
other family didn't want her and we got her. She made quite an impact on
our lives and we hope we did on hers.

Charleen, a very sad Kitty Mom

I was very sad and surprised to hear that Aggie is now gone. I
remember when you told me and Suz about what a funny cat she was to
have lived under the bed for nine years before coming out. I'm glad
she had a good many years with you out from under the bed too.
Old April 5th 09, 01:29 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Ginger-lyn[_2_]

Charleen Welton wrote:
[...]

{{{{{{{{{{{{{{Charleen}}}}}}}}}}}}}}

I am so sad for your loss. You wrote a wonderful tribute to Aggie
Marble. Bless your very big heart for taking in and working with a
feral kitty, one who was very lucky in that she got to love and be
loved. You will always carry her in your heart.

Blessings and purrs,

Ginger-lyn and former feral Brando
Old April 5th 09, 01:58 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christine Burel[_2_]

Location: Albuquerque, NM, USA

I'm so very sorry for your loss - I truly enjoyed reading about her here on
rpca from your posts. Hugs and purrs for your heart to heal. Sending purrs
and purrayers for her meeting at the Bridge with our parted furry friends.
Christine
ng.com...

Old April 6th 09, 01:27 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
tanadashoes

Charleen Welton wrote:
Aggie is gone but there is so much of her still here.

Aggie Marble was dumped in my arms when she was a kitten because she was "a
good pet." The people who had her didn't know she was a feral cat. She ran
under our bed and stayed there for nine and a half years coming out at night
for food and to use the litter box. The day she walked into the living room
David and I just couldn't believe what we were seeing, we were so glad for
her and for us.

I'm so sorry Charleen. You and Aggie were so lucky to have each other.
She was a lovely lady and a challenge. Mandy was so proud that she
got her to let Mandy love on her.

Pam S. saddened
Old April 7th 09, 07:49 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
polonca12000

Charleen Welton wrote:
[...]

Lots and lots of purrs and hugs,
Polonca and Soncek
Old April 7th 09, 08:08 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Charleen Welton

Thank you Karla, she certainly did have a huge impact on our lives. One of
the things we really regret is that we don't have a really good photograph
of her. She wouldn't allow it. We would have to catch a shot here and
there. But, we of course, will always remember our beautiful girl. I
appreciate you kind words.
Charleen
(Sorry for this late reply. My moniter quit and I spent four days on a hunt
for one that was the right size, price and not Out Of Stock. C.)

"Karla" wrote in message

[...]

What an incredible story, Aggie Marble could not have been in better hands
or hearts.

She had a huge impact on your life and I believe that will continue
through the years. It is her legacy.

Please accept my deepest condolences on your loss,
Karla

Old April 7th 09, 08:12 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Charleen Welton

Thank you so much Debbie for the comforting words, It has been a week now
and it is so strange because the situation hasn't changed much as she
usually spent most of her time under the bed. It is when I go into the
bedroom that I know she won't come out to hop up on the bed and want to read
with me.
Charleen

"Debbie Wilson" wrote in message
Charleen Welton wrote:

Aggie Marble was 16 years and two months old. David and I are so glad
that
other family didn't want her and we got her. She made quite an impact on
our lives and we hope we did on hers.

Charleen, a very sad Kitty Mom

I'm so very sorry to hear of Aggie Marble's passing. She was a very
lucky feral girl to find her way into your home with such a loving
family.

Deb.

--
http://www.scientific-art.com