I just frightened poor Boyfie

Old April 17th 09, 11:33 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Kreisleriana[_2_]

Default I just frightened poor Boyfie

"Christina Websell" wrote in message

"Marina" wrote in message
Christina Websell wrote:

He shot away back down the garden like I meant it to hurt him. I rushed
after him saying "it was an accident, it was an accident, please come
back"
I know he does not understand my words but I felt so awful that I wanted
to explain.
It's been a long and hard road to gain Boyfriend's trust. I hope he
will forgive me soon. He has not come back yet.

I know how you feel. I gave Miranda her first dose of medicine last
night. I crushed the pill and mixed it into water, and used a syringe to
squirt it into her mouth (or tried to - most of it ended up in her fur).
After that, she wouldn't let me come near her. She slunk around the flat,
stopping every now and then to look fearfully at me. She kept this up for
hours. She is really laying a guilt trip on me, but I'm determined to get
the antibiotics into her. I'll just have to try and regain her trust
after the course of ABs is over. (She did come into bed at night, when I
was safely under the covers, and walked all over me as usual. I guess she
re-established her dominance over me. )

Nervous cats really can guilt-trip you, can't they? I suspect I would
have the same problem if I had to medicate Boyfie as you are having with
Miranda. I hope she soon gets used to it for both your sakes. It's the
fearful look that I can't stand.
This never happens with KFC. She has huge self esteem and is frightened of
nothing. If I have to medicate her, she just fights me, tooth and claw
and doesn't feel guilty about it either ;-)
Even the vet techs are wary of her.
Whereas Boyfie, charming chap that he is, would not even dream of biting
or scratching me whatever I needed to do to him. He would just go floppy
and say "oh, no, oh no, what are you doing? you are frightening me."
Then I would feel guilty.
I never knew that cats could have such a lovely temperament. I had one as
a child, an entire Tom who was too old to be neutered when we found him.
I could only pet the top of his head otherwise I would get firmly slashed.
He really stunk, was not housetrained at all even for poo (he did one
inside my shoes) and sprayed everywhere. I think my mother only agreed to
have him because I wept about not keeping him when we found him starving
under our hedge.
Then years later, KFC arrived. She was and is a real grump unless it
suits her otherwise. I thought nothing of it, I thought that's what cats
were like, you got scratched and bitten by them.
Imagine my surprise when Boyfriend came. Even though he was entire for
quite a while at first, he never showed any aggression whatsoever and he
never sprayed in the house, or had any smell to him.
When I was finally able to pick him up and take him for the snip I asked
TED afterwards how he had been, bearing in mind he would have been
terrified by being so shy. He said "he was a perfect gentleman."
That's what he is.

Tweed

Ever hear the expression "one of nature's gentlemen"? It was invented for
Boyfie.

--
Theresa and Dante

Stinky Forever: http://pets.webshots.com/album/125591586JWEFwh

Old April 18th 09, 12:31 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

"Kreisleriana" drtATearthlink.net wrote in message

"Christina Websell" wrote in message

Ever hear the expression "one of nature's gentlemen"? It was invented
for

Boyfie.

No, but it suits him.

Tweed

Old April 18th 09, 06:47 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Stormmee

well, to tell you the truth, even he doesn't speak it he may well
understand,... DH is definitely NOT a cat person, and i was feeding two
outdoors to try and keep the mice down... then Miss Violette showed up, tiny
3 or 4 pounds, always sat at the end of the patio, other two cats wouldn't
let her have any food even if they were finished so DH started holding her
back a portion until the others left, this went on all summer... one day we
were having coffee and a cig... there was MV watching DH, he says, you know
she is so polite and qiet i wouldn't mind havving a cat like her in the
house... the entire time he was talking she was watching him intently... I
swear when he finished his sentence she stood up, walked over to him, wound
around his feet twice in a figure 8 and walked into the house to have a look
around... she had never let either of us close enough to touch her before
that...

Lee
"Christina Websell" wrote in message
I don't think he speaks English, Lee.

"Stormmee" wrote in message
I am sure he will, he is just spooked, and don't be so sure he doesn't
understand, Lee
"Christina Websell" wrote in message
I've just been down the garden to shut up Francis Drake in his hut to
keep him safe from foxes overnight. Boyfriend, as always, accompanied
me as he thinks it's far too dangerous for me to go down at dusk without
him.

All done and was helped by his presence to get back to the house ;-)
However I missed the hook that I put my bucket back on just outside the
back door and it fell on him while he was waiting to come back inside.

Old April 18th 09, 10:57 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Adrian[_2_]

That's a wonderful story, Miss Violette is obviously a very clever girl.
Cats leave pawprints on your heart

Old April 18th 09, 11:23 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
MLB

That's a wonderful story, Miss Violette is obviously a very clever girl.

I remember stories about Miss Violette. How long did you have her? MLB
Old April 18th 09, 02:33 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Stormmee

she was a true joy, and we were really good friends, DH claimed she was my
familar... when she went to the bridge, she sent DH a kitten we found the
kitten when she was about 3 weeks old, she was according to the vet born on
or about the day we sent violette to the bridge... Lee
om...

Old April 18th 09, 02:36 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Stormmee

she came to us in97 and i think she will be gone 3 or maybe 4 years in
november... she was a very wonderful cat, it is odd to me that she used to
listen to base ball with me... and her kittens were born 09/08/98

Old April 18th 09, 05:54 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected][_2_]

On Apr 16, 12:38*pm, "Christina Websell"
wrote:

It's been a long and hard road to gain Boyfriend's trust. *I hope he will
forgive me soon. *He has not come back yet.

I'm glad he came back

it's just so easy to do, Sarsi is currently in hiding somewhere. I
was sitting on my chair went to get up and didn't realise she was on
the arm of the chair so I accidentally elbowed her, not hard but
enough to give a cat who was anticipating skritchies a nasty
surprise.so she shot off and hasn't been seen since

I am feeling well guilty about it

Lesley

Slave of the Fabulous Furballs

Old April 18th 09, 06:12 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected][_2_]

PHEW!

Sarsi has forgiven me- I think she'll forgive me anything for a lamb
and chicken pouchie! She's sitting next to me having her post-dinner
wash as I type this

Old April 18th 09, 07:59 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
polonca12000

Christina Websell wrote:
I've just been down the garden to shut up Francis Drake in his hut to keep
him safe from foxes overnight. Boyfriend, as always, accompanied me as he
thinks it's far too dangerous for me to go down at dusk without him.

All done and was helped by his presence to get back to the house ;-)
However I missed the hook that I put my bucket back on just outside the back
door and it fell on him while he was waiting to come back inside.

He shot away back down the garden like I meant it to hurt him. snip
Tweed

Soncek gets frightened easily too.
Purrs,
Polonca and Soncek