SERIOUS: Pet food recall

Old March 20th 07, 02:56 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Marvel

Default SERIOUS: Pet food recall

"Julie Porter" wrote in message
ink.net...

What a shock one company makes all those foods, if I pay for Iams I

might be
getting Bargain basement .

No, no, it's a CONTRACT company. They make foods for lots of different
companies, under contract, per the recipe they are given. The foods are
NOT the same. They are just being produced, under different contracts,
from different recipes, at the same place. A lot of human food is made
this way. IE, Coca Cola has contracts with bottling companies that make
Coke, but they also make K Cola for a different customer from a
different recipe.

For some reason people are getting the idea that all foods made at a
contract company are the same food. That's not what a contract company
does.

Thanks,

I must admit that I reached busy numbers and roadblocks in every attempt to
see if I was affected.

Finally I got the info from rec.pets.cats.community and I am not affected.

Thank You

Julie

Old March 20th 07, 03:21 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Fred

Marvel wrote:

[...]

This is a great list. I was thinking back to Patches and when he left for
the Bridge. He had kidney failure and he was getting on, but he was maybe
only 12 or so. We thought we'd have him with us a few years more. How
often could this happen and people not know that it was petfood related?
All of us at the house of Williams offer our purrayers for those furry
friends who have left us. May Bast bless.

--
Regards, Fred
Old March 20th 07, 08:23 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Granby

No, not all the kinds made are the same, different cuts of meat and
different fillers. However, if the recipe calls for wheat gluton, that same
wheat gluton will be used in all the recipes. That is why there is so much
contamanation.

Old March 22nd 07, 02:27 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Marvel

"Fred" wrote in message
Marvel wrote:

[...]

I need an opinion..
Someone I know lost a pet (Little Bear) to kidney failure about a month ago
and the pet was eating (I am pretty sure) a food from the bad food list.

Should I bring this up ? I wonder if it might only hurt more than help...
I don't think they connect the recall to Little Bears passing.
Marvel

Old March 22nd 07, 03:33 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.community,rec.ponds,rec.aquaria.marine.reefs
~Roy~

yep, it took the steam right out of carol gulleys ego now she has to
find other food to serve up for meals to her hubby. She is toobusy
teaming up with Tara Legale in their trashing of the various
newsgroups on usenet.

-------
Old March 22nd 07, 09:36 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Stormmee

I might bring it up if I could do it in a way that wouldn't upset them, but
am not sure how to do it... soft

Old March 22nd 07, 11:54 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Granby

If a class action deal is filed, then I might bring it up. Not that any
financial help would bring back the loss but, would be one more in number.
My Sooter D*G had a kidny problem a month ago and my TED did call a couple
of days ago to ask what I was feeding her. She is fine now.

Old March 22nd 07, 04:38 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Cory

On Mar 22, 4:54 am, "Granby" wrote:
If a class action deal is filed, then I might bring it up. Not that any
financial help would bring back the loss but, would be one more in number.

snip...

The problem with cases like this is that there would usually need to
be a necropsy (animal equivalent of an autopsy) performed after the
death, OR a well-documented "narrative" of the pet's illness by the
pet's veterinarian. This is why I am as ****ed off as I am that the
stupid company apparently waited as long as it did to announce the
recall. It looks like they may wanted to avoid being responsible for
as many deaths as possible, and they know that the majority of pet
owners don't do necropsies when their pets die.

In other words, there would need to be records of the illness and the
death and what might have caused either. If you didn't take your pet
into the vet's office for a checkup when s/he got sick, it would be
AWFULLY hard to be able to say without some proof, even in a class
action lawsuit, that tainted food is what killed the pet.

It sucks, but I truly think that that is the way it would go if a
class action or individual lawsuit were filed. I'm no lawyer, though,
either.

HTH.

--- Cory

Marvel wrote...

Old March 23rd 07, 01:40 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Stormmee

you know even if you took the money you got and donated it to a charity it
would be worth the hassle, Soft