Final Gray Kitty Update

Old April 17th 09, 07:18 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Steve Touchstone[_3_]

Default Final Gray Kitty Update

I just returned from TED with an empty carrier. It was another trip to
TED this morning for Gray Kitty for another recheck. He initially
showed quite a bit of improvement after he started the antibiotic and
prednisone, but for the past week he has been slipping away. He lost
the weight he had initially gained, down almost another half pound,
6.8 today from his initial 7.5 at his first TED visit. His high point
was 8.1 on my bathroom scales. TED wasn't sure what was causing the
weight loss - his gum infection had gone down, and he was eating a
little more than a can of 9 lives a day, but losing weight. He had
feline aids, so even if we had managed to beat whatever was wrong this
time, in his run down condition TED said his prognosis wasn't good. I
made the decision to send him to the Bridge.

GK was a fine strapping tom cat back when I moved here 12 years ago.
At that time he had a home, but somewhere along the way his people
abandoned him. He got along pretty well, there are several suckers in
the neighborhood besides me who put out food, so he didn't go hungry.
He got sick last winter, and that was the first time he consented to
let me pet him. He rebounded from his illness, and was like his old
self last summer. He became a frequent visitor, though it wasn't
unusual for me not to see him for several days, or even a week or two.
I didn't notice right away when he got sick this winter, in fact when
I did notice he was so weak he could hardly stand. I brought him in
and tried to get him well, but couldn't ;-(
--
Steve Touchstone
Little Bit, Sammy, Spotty, Princess, Furby
Old April 17th 09, 07:31 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Will in New Haven

On Apr 17, 2:18*pm, Steve Touchstone
wrote:
[...]

Steve, you did everything for him that you could. He had quite the
Oddysey and his whole story would probably be extremely interesting.
But you would be one of the stars, one of the good guys. Someday you
may know his presence again, perhaps in a way we can't even imagine.
Meanwhile, he isn't old anymore, he isn't ill anymore, but he's still
the Gray Kitty and he may well be keeping our other RB friends,
humans, kitties, even d*gs, company somewhere quite comfortable.

--
Will in New Haven

Old April 17th 09, 07:47 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Dan M

On Fri, 17 Apr 2009 13:18:14 -0500, Steve Touchstone wrote:

Thanks for doing what you could, Steve. He had a good life on his own
terms, and thanks to you he didn't have to go hungry, he had as much
shelter as he wanted, and he knew that he was loved. Those are things
that a lot of cats wish they could find. Helping him to find peace sounds
like the most loving thing you could do for him.

Dan

Old April 17th 09, 07:50 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
CatEyes

Oh Steve, I'm so sorry to hear that - I know how that can just break your
heart. Purrs on the way for your grief to heal and a candle will be lit
tonight to help guide Gray Kitty on his journey to the Bridge.

Hugs,

CatNipped

Old April 17th 09, 08:13 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Joy

[...]

((((((((Steve))))))))

You did what was best for him.

--

Joy

No amount of time can erase the memory of a good cat, and no amount of
masking tape can ever totally remove his fur from your couch. - Leo Dworken

Old April 17th 09, 08:49 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
MLB

Steve Touchstone wrote:
[...]

"....Rise up slowly, Angel....." It's hard to let you go.
MLB
Old April 17th 09, 09:29 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Adrian[_2_]

Steve Touchstone wrote:
I just returned from TED with an empty carrier. It was another trip to
TED this morning for Gray Kitty for another recheck. He initially
showed quite a bit of improvement after he started the antibiotic and
prednisone, but for the past week he has been slipping away. He lost
the weight he had initially gained, down almost another half pound,
6.8 today from his initial 7.5 at his first TED visit. His high point
was 8.1 on my bathroom scales. TED wasn't sure what was causing the
weight loss - his gum infection had gone down, and he was eating a
little more than a can of 9 lives a day, but losing weight. He had
feline aids, so even if we had managed to beat whatever was wrong this
time, in his run down condition TED said his prognosis wasn't good. I
made the decision to send him to the Bridge.

I'm so sorry, Steve, I've lit a candle for Grey Kitty. :-(
http://www.gratefulness.org/candles/...fm?l=eng&gi=GK
Cats leave pawprints on your heart

Old April 17th 09, 11:07 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Lucys Mom[_2_]

Steve Touchstone wrote:
[...]

Oh Steve....I'm so sorry....You gave him a good life and helped him when
it mattered most. He'll be waiting for you....

--Eric, Kim and the New Chigger Ranch Crew
Old April 17th 09, 11:17 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Karla

"Steve Touchstone" wrote in message
I just returned from TED with an empty carrier

I am so sorry for your loss, he was part of your family, part of your life
and I know you loved him.

God speed Gray Kitty.
Karla

Old April 17th 09, 11:35 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Kreisleriana[_2_]

[...]

I am so sad for you-- he was such a splendid cat. But you did something
exceptional for him Bless you for giving him care and attention, and a
peaceful end.

--
Theresa and Dante

Stinky Forever: http://pets.webshots.com/album/125591586JWEFwh