Brooke Update - 4/29/09 - OT

Old April 29th 09, 07:11 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
CatEyes

Default Brooke Update - 4/29/09 - OT

I'm afraid it's bad news. The doctor said that the mass, even though it has
shrunk 56%, still has not shrunk as much as they'd like so they're going to
have to do radiation therapy on her.

I can't type any more just now...

Hugs,

CatNipped

Old April 29th 09, 07:35 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Joy

"CatEyes" wrote in message
I'm afraid it's bad news. The doctor said that the mass, even though it
has shrunk 56%, still has not shrunk as much as they'd like so they're
going to have to do radiation therapy on her.

I can't type any more just now...

Hugs,

CatNipped

I'm so sorry to hear this, CatNipped! Purrs and prayers will continue.

Joy

Old April 29th 09, 07:53 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Will in New Haven

On Apr 29, 2:11*pm, "CatEyes" wrote:
I'm afraid it's bad news. *The doctor said that the mass, even though it has
shrunk 56%, still has not shrunk as much as they'd like so they're going to
have to do radiation therapy on her.

I can't type any more just now...

Hugs back and keep on keepin on.

--
Will in New Haven

Old April 29th 09, 09:16 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
MLB

CatEyes wrote:
I'm afraid it's bad news. The doctor said that the mass, even though it has
shrunk 56%, still has not shrunk as much as they'd like so they're going to
have to do radiation therapy on her.

I can't type any more just now...

Hugs,

CatNipped

Prayers and purrs for Brooke on a non-stop schedule. MLB
Old April 29th 09, 11:59 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Kreisleriana[_2_]

"CatEyes" wrote in message
I'm afraid it's bad news. The doctor said that the mass, even though it
has shrunk 56%, still has not shrunk as much as they'd like so they're
going to have to do radiation therapy on her.

I can't type any more just now...

Hugs,

CatNipped

Thanks for letting us know. Hugs and purrs to all of you.

--
Theresa and Dante

Stinky Forever: http://pets.webshots.com/album/125591586JWEFwh

Old April 30th 09, 10:32 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
CatEyes

Default Brooke Update - 4/29/09 - OT - Elaboration

"CatEyes" wrote in message
I'm afraid it's bad news. The doctor said that the mass, even though it
has shrunk 56%, still has not shrunk as much as they'd like so they're
going to have to do radiation therapy on her.

I can't type any more just now...

Hugs,

CatNipped

The reason we're so disheartened about this is not because of the radiation
treatment itself - that's actually milder than the reaction to chemo (the
most it causes are burns like a severe sunburn - both outside and in). What
is so distressing to us is, because the mass is wrapped around her heart,
aorta and airway, they can't irradiate just the mass without also
irradiating those to some degree. This almost certainly means that she will
have damage done to her heart during the treatment.

They are much more advanced now-a-days than when they first pioneered this
type of treatment, and they can focus the beam MUCH more closely. But
because of the location of the mass, there is no getting around the fact
that she'll have heart problems for the rest of her life. Which means she
will never be able to compete in softball championships again - and that
will break her heart her already breaking heart.

Hugs,

CatNipped

Old April 30th 09, 11:28 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Joy

"CatEyes" wrote in message
"CatEyes" wrote in message
[...]

I'm so sorry to hear this, CatNipped! My prayers will continue.

Joy

Old May 1st 09, 10:30 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
CatEyes

"Judith Latham" wrote in message
In article , CatEyes
wrote:
"CatEyes" wrote in message
[...]

My heart goes out to Brooke's heart, maybe with them together Brooke's
will be stronger.

Purrs and prayers for you all.

Judith

Thank you Judith! All the prayers and well wishes are so very much
appreciated. I know we should feel grateful that this particular cancer is
very curable - and that we're living in an age of medical miracles... but
when it hits your heart (as nothing like a grandchild can do) it's hard
*not* to beat your chest and cry "why me, why *her*"!

I'm just so glad I have you all as a part of *my* support system. It truly
does help.

Hugs,

CatNipped

--
Judith Latham
Stourbridge, West Midlands. UK.

Old May 2nd 09, 12:32 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
MLB

Judith Latham wrote:
In article , CatEyes
wrote:
"CatEyes" wrote in message
[...]

Purrs, prayers and a litter of kiottens to take care of -- that she will
be able to do. Best wishes. MLB