OT - A Very Romantic And True Story

Old August 28th 07, 03:49 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
bonbon

Default OT - A Very Romantic And True Story

I was first married at age 20 when I became pregnant with my only
child, Heather. (Yep, I forgot my diaphragm, and once is all it
takes). My first husband, Tony and I were divorced when Heather was
5. Then I met this tall blond (mostly gray now) blue eyed, handsome,
tight bunned German dude named Michael. We've been together for 22
years now. He asked me to marry him 21 years ago on Valentines Day.
He actually wrote me a poem, got down on one knee and proposed while
he presented me with a gorgeous ring. I know.....how cool is that?

Anyway, my Michael is a total romantic. After 22 years, I still
always have a dozen fresh roses on my coffee table, he opens doors for
me, and still takes me on dates. We live paycheck to paycheck due to
8 resident felines. Every time I say "Oh honey, I think so-n-so needs
to go to TED, he just smiles at me, shakes his head and hands me the
check book.

Last June, Heather (after finding the man of her dreams) got married.
It was a beautiful outdoor ceremony in downtown Reno, Nevada right on
the Truckee River. Friends and family from Texas, California, Oregon
and Nevada flew and drove up/down for the wedding. Heather made a
gorgeous bride, however there were a lot of body piercings and tattoos
in the wedding party. I guess that's to be expected when a tattoo
artist marries a hippy chick.

After Heather and Jason said their vows, Heather started motioning to
me to come up to the alter. I hesitated thinking 'if she needs
something...isn't that the responsibility of her maid of honor?' She
kept motioning to me, so I finally stepped up to the alter with her.
Someone pushed a bouquet of white roses into my hand, Heather
disappeared, and Michael stepped up and proposed to me again.

How cool is that? I remember while standing up there renewing our
vows, I kept thinking to myself "Thank goodness I wore a bra and
panties today" Turns out every person there knew about the secret
renewing of vows except me. I didn't have a friggin' clue.

It was a glorious day.

-bonbon

Old August 28th 07, 05:58 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Irulan

damn, that was romantic! Brought tears to my eyes.

Lily & her mama

--
Irulan
from the stars we come

Old August 28th 07, 09:00 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
CatNipped[_2_]

"bonbon" wrote in message
[...]

Wow, you lucky gal!

Hugs,

CatNipped

Old August 28th 07, 10:33 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Karen AKA Kajikit

On Tue, 28 Aug 2007 14:49:23 GMT, bonbon wrote:

(snip)

After Heather and Jason said their vows, Heather started motioning to
me to come up to the alter. I hesitated thinking 'if she needs
something...isn't that the responsibility of her maid of honor?' She
kept motioning to me, so I finally stepped up to the alter with her.
Someone pushed a bouquet of white roses into my hand, Heather
disappeared, and Michael stepped up and proposed to me again.

How cool is that? I remember while standing up there renewing our
vows, I kept thinking to myself "Thank goodness I wore a bra and
panties today" Turns out every person there knew about the secret
renewing of vows except me. I didn't have a friggin' clue.

How sweet can you get! I love my husband dearly, but I don't think he
has a romantic bone in his body...
Old August 28th 07, 10:57 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Victor Martinez

bonbon wrote:
5. Then I met this tall blond (mostly gray now) blue eyed, handsome,
tight bunned German dude named Michael. We've been together for 22

Great description! ;-)

It was a glorious day.

Awwww... what a sweetie.

--
Victor M. Martinez
Send your spam he

Old August 28th 07, 11:24 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Joy

"bonbon" wrote in message
[...]

How lovely! Both your husband and your daughter are class acts.

Joy

Old August 28th 07, 11:50 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
bonbon

On Tue, 28 Aug 2007 15:24:05 -0700, "Joy"
wrote:

It was a glorious day.

-bonbon

How lovely! Both your husband and your daughter are class acts.

Joy

Oh Joy, you don't know the half of it. Heather wore this (and I'm
completely serious) DROP DEAD gorgeous wedding gown, but chose to
adorn her waist length jet black hair with crimson barrettes that
sported skulls in the center of each one. I was mortified, but hey,
what are ya' gonna do? And that's nuthin'......Jason wore a black tux
with tails and high top old school type tennis shoes.

We all had lot's of fun though, and did some serious partying
afterwards. Heather and Jason's wedding cake was exquisite, and was
adorned with 2 dozen fresh red rose buds across the top and cascading
down one side. At the reception, we all drank expensive champagne,
ate Greek style pizza, and danced to reggae music. Can't go wrong
there.

-bonbon
Old August 29th 07, 12:02 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Joy

wrote:

[...]

LOL! It sounds like a wedding that will be long remembered by all who
attended.

Joy

Old September 5th 07, 09:55 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
polonca12000

bonbon wrote:

[...]

What a lovely and heart-warming story!
Best wishes,