Miracle - Star

Old January 18th 08, 11:17 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

Default Miracle - Star

On Jan 18, 4:43*pm, Susan M wrote:

Thanks Joyce and Jo. *Don't know if you saw my reply to my own post
above - but she lives on her own in an apartment and has permission from
her landlord to keep a cat. *Turns out she's been thinking of getting
one for some time and then James came along - so, things have a way of
working out I guess.

OK, she has already been considering adoption. This is promising. I
guess the next thing is to make sure that the landlord did indeed give
permission to her to have a cat, but even more important make sure
they don't have a policy requiring pet cats be declawed in order to
live there. It's a stupid rule that way to many landlords think will
result in an apartment with no damage, even though that's wrong. I'm a
property manager and the only damage I've ever seen was from declawed
cats that refused to use the litterbox. :-( Cats with claws have never
been an issue and the few times that potential renters have told me
they have a kitten I always tell them we prefer they not be declawed
and have actually been able to educate them and talk the few that were
considering it out of it. :-)

I'm going to write her a long and hopefully humorous mental dump of my
cat knowledge and in it will talk about declawing - and will mention it
to her when I see her. *As well as give her the links to the Desmond
Morris books at the library.

One book you should also recommend (and every catlover should have) is
Your Cat by Dr. Elizabeth Hodgkins. It's by far the best cat book
that's come out in ages. It's a fairly new publication and is an
excellent reference for new cat owners (and anyone else that has a cat
too):
http://www.amazon.com/Your-Cat-Simpl...97060&sr= 8-1

James is an excellent judge of character and says that she is a kind
thoughtful person ... and he knows that she can afford it because she
works for him!

This is good. One less question to ask :-)

I certainly do feel reckless though. *Felt a little uncomfortable
adopting him under the circumstances. *Could have taken them all again -
had to leave and was very sad for the other cats.

That's the hard part, but the fact is we can't save them all. At this
point all you can do is keep up the good work and do the very best for
Star that you possibly can, even if it's inconvenient and difficult,
and take comfort in the fact that you will have ensured a good home, a
good life and happiness for one little innocent being that has been a
victim of circumstance and other people.

One is better than none, after all.
Old January 18th 08, 11:52 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Victor Martinez

Susan M wrote:
The email said: Sarah, the woman who works for me, will take the cat -
when will he be ready?

YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!

--
Victor M. Martinez
Send your spam he

Old January 19th 08, 03:54 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Gandalf

On Fri, 18 Jan 2008 11:21:51 -0700, Susan M wrote:

HI the

I had just worked myself up into total despair, checked my blackberry in
the car - no messages - came in the house - new message from my friend
James.

I had called James first because he helped rehome another cat about 12
years ago so I associated him with this kind of problem. He knows a
zillion people and is a marvellous person.

The email said: Sarah, the woman who works for me, will take the cat -
when will he be ready?

Yeah!!!!!!!!!!!!

So, I'm taking the kids with me (they have the day off) and I'm taking
pictures to send to her. I'll post them on my website.

I'm sure it was your purrs and prayers yet again.

Thank you all.

Susan M
Otis and Chester

Well, this is certainly great! Like everyone else, I've been very
worried that something bad would happen in this situation.

Yea! a home for Star! It's almost like getting a reprieve from the
Governor, when the prisoner is strapped down for execution.

I hope Star will be very happy in his new home. He's such a sweet
looking kitty!

I'm so glad you were able to save him.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

- Robert Heinlein

Life is very difficult. Once you understand that, life becomes easier.
-Buddha

Old January 19th 08, 04:20 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Marina

Susan M wrote:

The email said: Sarah, the woman who works for me, will take the cat -
when will he be ready?

Yeah!!!!!!!!!!!!

So, I'm taking the kids with me (they have the day off) and I'm taking
pictures to send to her. I'll post them on my website.

I am so very happy for all of you! The woman who works for James is
getting a gorgeous cat, and James himself sounds like an angel. Please
thank them both for me.

Old January 19th 08, 04:45 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Lesley

On Jan 18, 10:21*am, Susan M wrote:

The email said: *Sarah, the woman who works for me, will take the cat -
when will he be ready?

I do so hope this works out! Your friend wouldn't have mentioned Star
to Sarah unless he knew she was looking to adopt and he thought she
would be a good match and as you said in another posr, he knows how
much she earns and she can afford a cat! (Wonder if she'll be asking
for a payrise to buy new cat toys?)

As everyone says just be a bit cautious and make sure she has
permission from her landlord (having said that technically, my tenancy
agreement says "no pets" but any housing officer who has come round
has only commented "What nice cats!" and "Aw...aren't you a cutie?".)
but it sounds as if it might be perfect

Fingers are crossed and purrs are being sent

Lesley

Slave of the Fabulous Furballs
Old January 24th 08, 10:14 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
polonca12000

Susan M wrote:

HI the

I had just worked myself up into total despair, checked my blackberry in
the car - no messages - came in the house - new message from my friend
James.

I had called James first because he helped rehome another cat about 12
years ago so I associated him with this kind of problem. He knows a
zillion people and is a marvellous person.

The email said: Sarah, the woman who works for me, will take the cat -
when will he be ready?

Yeah!!!!!!!!!!!!

So, I'm taking the kids with me (they have the day off) and I'm taking
pictures to send to her. I'll post them on my website.

I'm sure it was your purrs and prayers yet again.

Thank you all.

Susan M
Otis and Chester

That's wonderful to hear!
Best wishes,
Polonca and Soncek

Miracle Granby Cat community 1 December 12th 07 09:02 PM
Miracle Cat jofirey Cat anecdotes 3 March 17th 07 09:30 PM
OT, My miracle for the day. Go Daddy Cat health & behaviour 0 February 6th 07 02:12 AM
Cat Miracle Diet Matthew AKA NMR Cat anecdotes 0 April 2nd 06 08:26 PM
A Miracle Ginger-lyn Summer Cat anecdotes 15 December 26th 03 12:02 AM