A Pair of Cat's Names

Old May 8th 07, 01:04 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

Default Weird Pet Names

Ketzl's Dad wrote:

LOL. I agree 100%. I had two cocker spaniels once (sorry to mention d*gs)
named Chuck and Mousse. Mousse was chocolate colored. I had to take him to
the vet once, and we were in the waiting room where they had these little
stalls you could sit in while waiting. They called my name, and I got up and
said (loudly enough for all to hear, unfortunately) "C'mon, Mousse; it's our
turn."

Everyone in the waiting room looked over to see what kind of huge, mongo dog
was going in for a checkup... why else would he be named "Moose"?

When he came around into view, in all his spaniel fluffiness and big-eared
cuteness, the room burst into laughter.

LOL, great story!

Joyce
Old May 8th 07, 04:39 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Takayuki

Ketzl's Dad wrote:
I had long since given up explaining that it was "Mousse, like the dessert;
not Moose, like antlers."

We had one poster with a cat named Vette. As in Corvette. That must
have been confusing at the vet's.

Old May 8th 07, 06:54 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

Takayuki wrote:

We had one poster with a cat named Vette. As in Corvette. That must
have been confusing at the vet's.

LOL - good one!

They would just have to refer to the vet as TED.

Joyce
Old May 8th 07, 10:25 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Debbie Wilson

Adrian A wrote:

I once knew a cat called Trevor, I also knew one of her kittens.

LOL :-)))

My second cousin has a cat called Alan. Also second category, I feel!

One of the problems of fostering is dreaming up new names for litters of
kittens. One particularly long-term foster mum resorted to using
scientific names in desperation (been through herbs, spices, wildflowers
etc), and eventually reached virus families. I believe 'Rhabdo' and
'Adeno' were used but I did have to actively dissuade her from using
'Herpes' despite it being a 'perfectly valid scientific name', and "yes
it does sound Greek, but we do want the kittens to find homes!"

Deb.
--
http://www.scientific-art.com

Old May 8th 07, 01:29 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Ketzl's Dad

On Mon, 7 May 2007 23:39:50 -0400, Takayuki wrote:

Ketzl's Dad wrote:
I had long since given up explaining that it was "Mousse, like the dessert;
not Moose, like antlers."

We had one poster with a cat named Vette. As in Corvette. That must
have been confusing at the vet's.

One can only assume that Vette went to the vet in a 'Vette.

--
Joey DoWop Dee
Remember: It is To Laugh

Old May 8th 07, 02:45 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Kreisleriana

On Mon, 07 May 2007 23:50:43 GMT, Ketzl's Dad
yodeled:

On Mon, 7 May 2007 18:59:37 -0400, Christina Websell wrote:

Somehow, some human names seem appropriate for pets, like Sam, Ben et al.
Other seems strange, like Julie, Valerie, Stephanie, Vanessa, Stephen, John,
Philip.
My friend had a Rottweiller called Valerie, ruined her street cred ;-)

Tweed

LOL. I agree 100%. I had two cocker spaniels once (sorry to mention d*gs)
named Chuck and Mousse. Mousse was chocolate colored. I had to take him to
the vet once, and we were in the waiting room where they had these little
stalls you could sit in while waiting. They called my name, and I got up and
said (loudly enough for all to hear, unfortunately) "C'mon, Mousse; it's our
turn."

Everyone in the waiting room looked over to see what kind of huge, mongo dog
was going in for a checkup... why else would he be named "Moose"?

When he came around into view, in all his spaniel fluffiness and big-eared
cuteness, the room burst into laughter.

I had long since given up explaining that it was "Mousse, like the dessert;
not Moose, like antlers."

The Jack Russell that played Eddie on "Frasier" was named Moose.

Theresa

Make Levees, Not War
Old May 8th 07, 02:53 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Kreisleriana

On Tue, 08 May 2007 12:29:48 GMT, Ketzl's Dad
yodeled:

Ketzl's Dad wrote:
I had long since given up explaining that it was "Mousse, like the dessert;
not Moose, like antlers."

We had one poster with a cat named Vette. As in Corvette. That must
have been confusing at the vet's.

One can only assume that Vette went to the vet in a 'Vette.

Or otherwise, he went to the Tedde.

Theresa

Make Levees, Not War

What a pair! Pat Cat anecdotes 3 March 7th 07 02:56 PM
Are your cat's names on the list? Flippy Cat anecdotes 23 November 24th 06 06:07 PM
Sacramento, CA: PAIR OF BEAUTIES - CATS Hi Im WEEniE with MyFav4ite Midi Cat rescue 0 January 30th 05 01:51 PM
Your Cat's Names Rob Riemensnyder Cat anecdotes 144 May 27th 04 08:11 PM
Meowmie bought another pair of shoes... Marina Cat anecdotes 28 May 9th 04 08:21 AM