Only slave to one now

Old April 10th 08, 10:44 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Jane

Default Only slave to one now

On Apr 9, 4:37*pm, wrote:

Jane, you say that you had this *before* you were diagnosed. Do you no
longer have the cough? If so, I'd love to know what your treatment was.
Other than the albuterol, I don't do much for mine, and I still have it.

I wasn't born with this, btw. It started in my 30s. My theory is that
it's my body's reaction to too many pollutants in the air. Our systems
didn't evolve to cope with all the crap we inhale on a daily basis.

Joyce,

I no longer have the cough. After many years putting up with the
problem, I finally broke down and went
to see a pulmonologist. He explained the nature of 'triggers' to me,
and how this stuff works, and
gave me a whole slew of drugs and treatments, all of which I can use
as needed.
I take Singulaire every day. Good drug. I have a rescue puffer,
which is straight Xopenex now,
instead of albuterol. I have Advair, which I keep forgetting to use
so I don't know if it works
at all., and most of all, I have TWO nebulizers and a very large
supply of Xopenex for it. (some
mixup with the mail-order drug supply). When it gets bad, I use the
nebulizer twice a day, but
that's also rare nowadays, and the puffer for short-term problems. I
also have a nebulizer under
my desk at work just in case I get caught there. By practicing
'environmental avoidance' and
taking the Singulaire regularly, most of the problems are gone. If I
*really* wanted to avoid problems,
though, I'd rehome my Princess Rita, and we ALL know that's not gonna
happen. She'll stay with me
until I turn blue and my lungs fall out.

So Joyce, if you can, get yourself to a pulmonoligist and ask about
further treatment. You should not
still be coughing. A regular doctor simply can't do it. I tried, and
it just didn't work. This came on me
late, too, about age 30, so it was a real shock.

Jane
- owned and operated by the Princess Rita

Old April 10th 08, 10:48 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Jane

On Apr 9, 9:38*pm, "Yowie" wrote:
Yowie,
Have you had him checked for asthma? *That sounds a lot like the
asthma cough
I had for YEARS before I was diagnosed properly. *Mild asthma doesn't
make you
very short of breath or turn blue - it's just an annoying dry bark of
a cough.

I know that cough only too well,a s I had it and was also undiagnosed for
years because I didn't wheeze like my sister did. It doesn't sound like
that - it sounds like croup but without the sucking sound as he breathes in.

Old April 11th 08, 12:55 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
tanadashoes

"Yowie" wrote in message

Wonder if it has anything to do with naming rights? Cary chose 'Pickle' as
the name for Pickle, even though we had picked TD (no way were we keeping
'Casper' as a name!). Dunno if it was Cary's concious choice, or whether
Pickle told him that his name was Pickle. I still shake my head at
thethought of a cat named 'Pickle'... but is it any worse than
Shmoggleberry?

I inadvertently named Needles, as he decided to get a piece of flesh as
payment for riding in a car. I donated the flesh. The name fit and the not
so little black cat with the long silky hair joined Mandy on the altar of
the bed. I always felt bad for Jason, as Needles was supposed to be his
owner. Jason is currently owned by Harley, a chocolate point Siamese.

Pam S. who has helped train them well

Old April 13th 08, 06:59 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

God, Yowie, I thought you meant one of your cats had died. I hardly dared
read your post.

Tweed

Old April 13th 08, 09:19 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

Wonder if it has anything to do with naming rights? Cary chose 'Pickle' as
the name for Pickle, even though we had picked TD (no way were we keeping
'Casper' as a name!). Dunno if it was Cary's concious choice, or whether
Pickle told him that his name was Pickle. I still shake my head at
thethought of a cat named 'Pickle'... but is it any worse than
Shmoggleberry?

Yowie

Sir William was called Pickle when I first met him. He very clearly
told me his name wasn't Pickle, it was William. No doubt in my mind
that Pickle told Cary his name.

Helen M
Old April 13th 08, 10:09 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
polonca12000

Yowie wrote:
Over the last few days, its become mightily clear that Pickle will not have
me as his slave. I've sadly had to hand in my resignation with him, and am
now only down to one owner, Suki.

But don't panic. Pickle is still part of the family. But I"ve been told in
no undertain terms that The Yowlet is his one and only, and I'm merely the
food dispensing device.

This all became very obvious over the last few days because Cary has got his
winter cough again. This year, its not croup (touch wood) as his airways are
now just big enough *not* to close over, but the cough still sounds like a
seal bark, and the coughing is incessant, particular at night.

When the coughing gets too much, he throws up. Not pleasant for anyone inthe
family, but you would have thought that the cats would have stayed well
clear. Suki did, but not Pickle.

Pickle jumped up right next to Cary (very carefully avoiding the trajectory)
and purred for the first time I have ever heard (felt,yes, heard, no). When
I tried to touch Cary, he hissed at me, and then 'bopped' me a solid
warning. Then I got The Glare - the "back off, this is *my* human*, and
you'd better not be hurting him!" look, a look that Shmogg would have been
extremely proud of.

So, Pickle isn't my cat, but I think that he's a worthy successor to Shmogg
in the house hold; Cary & Pickle being the next generation of Superior Cat &
Worthy Slave. Suki, well, she seems to have picked me as her human, and I'll
accept my role, even if I have to cede my title as "Slave to B*st*rd C*t" to
my heir.

Yowie

You scared me with the title, Vicky! We are sending lots of purrs for
Cary to recover. I'm glad to hear he has such a good nurse kitty all to
himself.
Best wishes,
Polonca and Soncek