Cat Music

Old February 8th 04, 02:00 AM
Mr Nangla

Default Cat Music

Hey Guys,

Just wondering if your cat(s) respond to any music and what artists? We're
very vocal with our little "Bee" and she responds in here own way; a wag of
the tail or sometimes a little bitty twitch.

She especially enjoys an artist called Elliott Smith (R.I.P.) who recently
died, which is why I've been playing it quite frequently recently. One guy
and his guitar; soft, melancholy type of sound. Even interesting is there
anything in particular that they hate?

I'd like to hear about you guys tastes of music and of course stories of
your felines companions.

Regards,

Sonny
Bee: http://community.webshots.com/user/sham126a
London, England

Old February 8th 04, 02:11 AM
Elizabeth Blake

"Mr Nangla" wrote in message
Hey Guys,

Just wondering if your cat(s) respond to any music and what artists? We're
very vocal with our little "Bee" and she responds in here own way; a wag

of
the tail or sometimes a little bitty twitch.

She especially enjoys an artist called Elliott Smith (R.I.P.) who recently
died, which is why I've been playing it quite frequently recently. One guy
and his guitar; soft, melancholy type of sound. Even interesting is there
anything in particular that they hate?

I'd like to hear about you guys tastes of music and of course stories of
your felines companions.

I have music on at home most of the time, unless I have the TV on. My two
cats don't seem to care one way or the other what's playing, as long as
there's no saxaphone in it. I don't really care for jazz, so there's very
little saxaphone in my collection. I was playing a June Tabor CD one day
and there is a song that does have a long, loud saxaphone burst that comes
out of nowhere. Tiger nearly lost her skin the first time she heard it.
She was NOT pleased.

At work, we have two cats. One of my co-workers was playing music in his
office one day and Stinky was hanging around in the hallway near his office.
Some saxaphone started wailing, and Stinky had the same reaction that Tiger
did. Sheer panic.

At home I usually play folk, country, bluegrass & rock. My guys really
don't let me know what they think of it. Tiger is snoozing to Merle Haggard
right now.

Liz

Old February 8th 04, 03:03 AM
Cat Protector

Since I have a radio station for cats on the Internet, I can say cats
definately respond to music. My cat Isis likes Smooth Jazz, Funk, Swing and
a little Rock including Ozzy Osbourne. Jade likes Smooth Jazz and
Alternative music.

Cat Galaxy: All Cats, All The Time!
www.catgalaxymedia.com

Old February 9th 04, 01:00 AM
Dennis Carr

On Sun, 08 Feb 2004 01:00:38 +0000, Mr Nangla wrote:

Just wondering if your cat(s) respond to any music and what artists? We're
very vocal with our little "Bee" and she responds in here own way; a wag of
the tail or sometimes a little bitty twitch.

Our two girls seem fond of jazz.

--
Dennis Carr - | I may be out of my mind,
http://www.dennis.furtopia.org | But I have more fun that way.

Old February 9th 04, 03:18 AM
Mary

"Dennis Carr" wrote in message
news
On Sun, 08 Feb 2004 01:00:38 +0000, Mr Nangla wrote:

Just wondering if your cat(s) respond to any music and what

artists? We're
very vocal with our little "Bee" and she responds in here own way;

a wag of
the tail or sometimes a little bitty twitch.

Our two girls seem fond of jazz.

My baby (now gone) loved beautiful ballads, such as Bonnie Rait's
"I Can't Make You Love Me" and Bette Midler's "All I Need to Know."
She would seek me out, wanting to be cuddled and petted the whole time
such songs played, crying like she was in some sort of kitty angst
state. She, a cat that generally did not like to be touched at all,
did the same thing if I cried.

Old February 9th 04, 07:44 AM
-L.

"Mr Nangla" wrote in message t...
Hey Guys,

Just wondering if your cat(s) respond to any music and what artists? We're
very vocal with our little "Bee" and she responds in here own way; a wag of
the tail or sometimes a little bitty twitch.

She especially enjoys an artist called Elliott Smith (R.I.P.) who recently
died, which is why I've been playing it quite frequently recently. One guy
and his guitar; soft, melancholy type of sound. Even interesting is there
anything in particular that they hate?

I'd like to hear about you guys tastes of music and of course stories of
your felines companions.

Peewee likes DEVO "Duty Now for the Future" album and Talking Heads.
Mimi likes anything by Buena Vista Social Club. They both like
Mozart. We have a Mozart song we call "The Peewee Song" - Eine kleine
Nachtmusik.

-L.