Air Travel With Cat

Old October 18th 04, 05:16 AM
Cat Protector

Actually Isis has become used to being shown since that time and was on a TV
show where they were showing other cats. She knew they were there and
actually came out of here carrier and did not hide. She also was not nervous
with the hussle and bussle. It's amazing that people will go back to a
Google from almost two years ago when a lot has changed since then. Cats get
used to being shown and Isis has no problems since that show. If you cared
about the facts you would have also read that she did well up until the time
that a cat that wasn't supposed to be in the ring next to her took a swipe
at one of the judges which she saw and that was what set her off.

People I didn't come here to debate whether or not cats should be at cat
shows but whether or not flying or driving was less stressful on the cat and
to get advice on the subject. I don't need a lecture nor do I need the bad
mouthing. Just travel tips.

--
Cat Galaxy: All Cats! All The Time!
www.catgalaxymedia.com
wrote in message
You're right on the money, Sherry, and I agree this is a really mean
thing to do to Isis. I did a google and found the post describing Isis
at the cat show. It makes me sick to think he would force her to go
through this after what happened before. In this excerpt, it is patently
obvious that he's forcing her into something she does not want and his
winning *something* is more important.:

"The fourth ring though one of the cats in the cage next to her was
hissing and took a swipe at the judge which then set off Isis who was
hissing, growling, nipping, and swatting. It took a while to get her out
of the cage but I brought her back to where she was benched and was able
to calm her down a bit. I was able to bring her back to be judged and
she got 10th Best HHP. The cat which set her off got 7th.
The next day with the incident still on her mind Isis was hissing when I
put her in the cage in the fifth ring but not swatting and she placed
10th Best HHP again. The sixth ring she placed 10th Best HHP because the
judge allowed me to calm Isis down. She didn't want to go into the cage
so I felt it was better to just withdrawl but the judge was flexible and
allowed me to calm Isis down and bring her back to the ring. The seventh
ring she also was hissing and the judge took her first before she ever
went into the cage as I told him about the previous day's episode. She
placed 10th Best HHP but it was the sweetest 10th because Isis may have
been hissing but she wasn't swatting or biting. I used Feliway which
helped a little bit as well. But clearly by the 6th ring she was turning
around. When I took her back to her cage and gave her canned Friskies
she was eating that and of course took a lick of cream cheese off my
bagle. I also made a big fuss over her and praised her and told her what
a great kitty she was.
The last ring Isis placed 7th Best HHP and I was really happy because
even though she hissed a little she was very good with the judge who saw
she had a pretty sweet disposition. The cat which set her off in the 4th
ring got 10th because his human had to be up there with him when the
judge showed him off. Also Isis was not benched near this cat and I
requested Isis be put in the very last cage. I think it made a slight
difference because Isis had her back to everyone and she just seemed to
focus on something other than the other cats, the crowd or the judge.
Also this judge did not count her slight attitude against her so much
because she seemed to understand Isis was somewhat of a nervous cat."

It is SO obvious Isis does NOT WANT TO BE THERE, but, as usual, CP
ignores the obvious. If he really cared about Isis and not his own
selfish desires he'd leave her at home. This sentence is particulary
telling:

"I think it made a slight difference because Isis had her back to
everyone and she just seemed to focus on something other than the other
cats, the crowd or the judge."

That pretty much covers everything where she was and poor Isis was
probably trying to beam herself home. :-(
CP should be ashamed of himself for forcing Isis to suffer such trauma.

Megan

nothing."

-Edmund Burke

Learn The TRUTH About Declawing
http://www.stopdeclaw.com

Zuzu's Cats Photo Album:
http://www.PictureTrail.com/zuzu22

way."

- W.H. Murray

Old October 18th 04, 05:20 AM
KellyH

"Cat Protector" wrote in message
It is obvious that some of you don't approve of cat shows but I happen to
like them. Isis does care about the station because she helped create it.
She does the shows because people can become more educated about cats and
her story has a great chance of being told like a lot of cats that were
adopted from shelters. Her going to the shows can help promote cats being
adopted which is one of the other reasons. I have to wonder if those on
here who object to cat shows are willing to go to one and tell those that
exhibit there that it is bad for the cat?

--
Cat Galaxy: All Cats! All The Time!
www.catgalaxymedia.com

*I* help cats get adopted every day by volunteering at an animal rescue, not
hauling my cats around to cat shows! My cats don't need to do anything
except stay home. You can go to the cat show yourself and talk to people
and tell them how wonderful Isis is, you don't need to drag her there.
Why don't you do what you are always telling people on he think like a
cat. Does a cat want to be stuffed in a carrier, sit in a car or an
airplane, and then go to a strange place? NO!

--
-Kelly
kelly at farringtons dot net

wrote in message
No. YOU force her to compete. Isis couldn't care less about competing in
a cat show. This is all about YOU, and you're not taking into
consideration what is best for her.

and as exhibition because she is one of
the powers that be at our station for cats.

A photo would do just as well. Again, Isis doesn't give a rip about YOUR
radio station and putting her "on display" does not benefit her in any
way and is done only for your own selfish purposes. If you really cared
about her you'd putyour selfish desires aside and let her stay t home
where things are comfortable and familiar. But nooooo you want to drag
her on an airplane, put her in a strange place (hotel), then put her on
public display in another strange environment so you can promote your
station. That's just sad, and it's mean.

Old October 18th 04, 05:24 AM

CP wrote:

It is obvious that some of you don't
approve of cat shows but I happen to
like them.

Nobody has said a single word about disapproving of cat shows.

Isis does care about the
station because she helped create it.

No, she didn't. You may have had the idea with her in mind, but she
didn't do anything.

She does the shows because people can
become more educated about cats and her
story has a great chance of being told
like a lot of cats that were adopted
from shelters.

No, you force her to be at shows because you want praise and pats on the
back. She doesn't want to be there and her behavior at previous shows
makes that obvious.

Her going to the shows
can help promote cats being adopted
which is one of the other reasons.

Every cat show I've been to has a booth that promotes adopting shelter
cats, so forcing Isis to be there and stressing her out to do a "job"
that's already being done
is just mean and is not fair to her.

I have to wonder if those on here who
object to cat shows are willing to go to
one and tell those that exhibit there
that it is bad for the cat?

Sherry already pointed out that show cats are brought to shows from
kittenhood, are used to that type of environment, and are quite
comfortable in it. Isis is not, and was not raised that way.

What you seem to be ignoring is that to Isis, a cage means the same as
it did when she was in one at the shelter, and every time you put her in
one she probably thinks she's going to be dumped again and be in a
shelter again.

Especially when she is in a large area with a bunch of other cats, which
is no different than what it was like in the shelter. She doesn't know
the difference and putting her under this kind of stress on purpose is
cruel. This is no different than forcing someone that was attacked by a
dog to sit in a room full of dogs. It's stressful, scary and it's
unfair. For you to do this to Isis when, from your own description, she
is extremely stressed, you have to calm her down, and she is hissing all
the time, how can you possibly think this is a kind thing to do to her?

Old October 18th 04, 05:28 AM
Cat Protector

I would not sedate her if you intend to fly. Also, why take her for winter
break? Don't you have a family member or someone that take care of her while
you are away?

--
Cat Galaxy: All Cats! All The Time!
www.catgalaxymedia.com
"Laila" wrote in message
my b/f and i were thinking of taking Shaina to Vancouver from NYC,
when we go there for winter break, but we don't think that she'd
appreciate the 5 hr flight, even in the cabin. my friend traveled
from NYC to LA with a small dog and had him sedated. i can't imagine
she'd be comfortable like that.

-L

Old October 18th 04, 05:51 AM

Actually Isis has become used to being
shown since that time and was on a TV
show where they were showing other
cats. She knew they were there and
actually came out of here carrier and did
not hide. She also was not nervous with
the hussle and bussle.

Now you're flat out lying. Isis had an accident in the carrier because
she was scared, and you said that she was stressed and shed all over
you. You also said Isis would stay on your lap because a "nervous and
scared" cat would stay with its owner.

http://groups.google.com/groups?q=is...cox.net&rnum=5

And don't tell me this isn't all about "you." You even said that you are
now a local celebrity and worthy of all the attention. If that's not
egotistical and self-serving I don't know what is.
Poor, poor Isis. It's a shame she has such a selfish jerk for an owner.

Old October 18th 04, 05:55 AM
Mimi Forsyth

But nooooo you want to drag
her on an airplane, put her in a strange place (hotel), then put her on
public display in another strange environment so you can promote your
station. That's just sad, and it's mean.

and stoopid.

www.mimiforsyth.com