"Noisy Bangers" -- Grrrrrr

Old July 4th 04, 09:25 PM
Ginger-lyn Summer

Default "Noisy Bangers" -- Grrrrrr

Rant mode on/

Why do so many people find it necessary, not just on, but for days
before and after, the 4th of July, to set off incredibly loud
fireworks in crowded neighborhoods? Don't they consider the risk of
setting someone else's home on fire, injuring animals, children or
themselves, giving someone with PTSD severe problems, or causing a
heart attack in an elderly person? They surely don't think of my
cats, two with heart conditions, looking terrified and trying to hide
anywhere they can, as it goes on, for hours, night after night.

Last night, I'd had it. I stepped outside and screamed "Knock it off!
Do you realize there elderly people in this neighorhood with heart
problems? You moronic idiots!"

They set off one last "F-You" blast, and stopped.

Blessed peace for awhile.

Rant mode off/

Ginger-lyn

Old July 4th 04, 09:33 PM
Ginger-lyn Summer

And I forgot to add:

If you want to be patriotic, celebrate America, be proud you are an
American, how about putting down the fireworks and trying some of the
following:

Register to vote. Help others register to vote.
Volunteer, for whatever cause moves you, be it at an animal shelter or
for PETA.
Write letters to your representatives and President and let them know
what you feel about things.
Join the military.
Protest things you believe are wrong.
Be kinder, every day, to each person you run into.

Put the fireworks down, folks, and do something to truly make a
difference.

Ginger-lyn
off the soapbox now

Old July 4th 04, 09:40 PM
Christine Burel

I'm with you Ginger-lyn -- I hate the fireworks for the same reasons plus
we're in a drought and have had fires out here, so why not just the public
displays????
Christine

Old July 4th 04, 09:45 PM
Sherry

I'm with you Ginger-lyn -- I hate the fireworks for the same reasons plus
we're in a drought and have had fires out here, so why not just the public
displays????
Christine

I'm with both of your. Our "neighbors" (1/2 mile away) must have popped $500
worth of firworks last night. It went on and on. I almost called them and asked
if they were aware how dry the prairie is between our house and theirs, with a
stiff west wind, and how we *don't* have fire protection. Arrggh.
Sherry

Old July 4th 04, 10:36 PM
Kreisleriana

On Sun, 04 Jul 2004 20:25:31 GMT, (Ginger-lyn
Summer) yodeled:

Rant mode on/

Why do so many people find it necessary, not just on, but for days
before and after, the 4th of July, to set off incredibly loud
fireworks in crowded neighborhoods? Don't they consider the risk of
setting someone else's home on fire, injuring animals, children or
themselves, giving someone with PTSD severe problems, or causing a
heart attack in an elderly person?

No.

They surely don't think of my
cats, two with heart conditions, looking terrified and trying to hide
anywhere they can, as it goes on, for hours, night after night.

Last night, I'd had it. I stepped outside and screamed "Knock it off!
Do you realize there elderly people in this neighorhood with heart
problems? You moronic idiots!"

They set off one last "F-You" blast, and stopped.

Blessed peace for awhile.

I hate it too, but sometimes you just have to pick your battles and
realize the tide is against you, and that it will pass. I live on a
block full of Chinese people, great people really, but I just have to
resign myself that they are going to light fireworks at the least
excuse.

But I remember a friend of mine who was sitting on the roof with his
dog, which would have been perfectly safe if there weren't idiots
shooting off fireworks nearby. The poor dog panicked, and ran
straight off the roof. She survived the fall, but there were heavy
vet bills.

Theresa
My Blog:
http://www.humanitas.blogspot.com