Smokey - RB

Old February 28th 07, 06:38 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Sam

Default Smokey - RB

Our elder statesman (17YO) began his journey to the Rainbow Bridge today.

He had not been eating well for some time. Three weeks ago, the vet
thought he found a mass and did a needle biopsy on it. The report came
back all clear, but he still wasn't eating normally and was losing
weight. The vet had us try appetite stimulants which seemed to work.
At least he was eating better. He was scheduled for an ultrasound today
to see if they could find anything wrong inside without being invasive.

During the ultrasound, he was so nervous and jumpy that the radiologist
asked for Smokey to have a very light anesthetic to settle him down long
enough for his ultrasound to be completed. That was done. During the
ultrasound, they found 4 different cancerous masses inside. While they
were bringing him out of anesthesia he just stopped breathing. The vet
intubated him and tried to revive him without success.

We had known for some time that Smokey was slowing down and withdrawing
from us so we think he knew it was time. At least passing as he did, he
wasn't in too much pain at the end.

I'll post some memories of Smokey in the next few days.

Sam, closely supervised by Mistletoe

Old February 28th 07, 06:48 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Sam

Matthew wrote:

Thanks, Matthew.

Oh Sam I am so sorry

tears

Old February 28th 07, 06:51 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
mlbriggs

On Tue, 27 Feb 2007 21:38:01 -0800, Sam wrote:

[...]

".....Rise up slowly, Angel. It's hard to let you go..."
Sincere condolences to those who mourn Smokey's passing. MLB

Old February 28th 07, 06:53 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Matthew

Always remember We will be there even if you can't see us.
We are always Watching and Waiting. That cool puff of air you
feel across your cheek, that fleeting touch, the feeling you have
that I was walking across your bed, that moment you swear you can
hear us, that flicker of movement out of the corner of your eye.
Is just our way of saying I love you and I am with you always even
in the darkest time We Will Always Be There. Till our paws touch again
always know we love you and cherished our special time together
"Sam" wrote in message
Matthew wrote:

Thanks, Matthew.

Oh Sam I am so sorry

tears

Old February 28th 07, 06:54 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Sherry

On Feb 27, 11:38�pm, Sam wrote:
[...]

Oh Sam. I am so sorry. He was a great old gentleman. I know you'll
miss him.

Sherry

Old February 28th 07, 07:04 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Marina

Sam wrote:

We had known for some time that Smokey was slowing down and withdrawing
from us so we think he knew it was time. At least passing as he did, he
wasn't in too much pain at the end.

I'm so sorry, Sam! Many purrs for you and Ramona and Mistletoe.
Condolences for your loss.

Pics at http://s120.photobucket.com/albums/o185/frankiennikki/
http://uk.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/frankiennikki/
http://community.webshots.com/user/frankiennikki
Old February 28th 07, 07:09 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Pat

"Sam" wrote

| Our elder statesman (17YO) began his journey to the Rainbow Bridge today.

snip

| At least passing as he did, he wasn't in too much pain at the end.

Awwwwwwwww, Sam, I am so sorry for your loss! Purrs for Smokey's spirit,
from this whole gang, and I will burn a candle for him tonight. I am glad he
went peacefully.

Old February 28th 07, 07:13 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Mischief

Ah geez.....

And I know what it's like to be in a vet office an suddenly have one
of your patients suddenly stop breathing. It's not fun. You do
everything you can, everything you know and sometimes it's not enough.

I'm so sorry for your loss. purrs and hugs for you and Mistletoe.

Kristi

Imp, Mischief and Mayhem

Smokey the D*g Bill Stock Cat anecdotes 12 April 17th 05 05:23 AM
My Mom, Smokey and Nox Enfilade Cat anecdotes 8 March 23rd 05 06:46 AM
The Smokey Rap Enfilade Cat anecdotes 39 October 25th 04 07:24 PM
My Smokey [email protected] Cats - misc 2 December 29th 03 11:34 PM
Help! Smokey won't eat! M-W Cat health & behaviour 4 November 5th 03 08:35 PM