Car Music?

Old March 6th 08, 10:19 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Kyla =^..^=

Default Car Music?

When yer driving, what do you listen to?
We loathe the radio, too many annoying ads..
DH burned a whole bunch of CDs and today were listening to Cajun music, the
soundtrack from The movie 'The Big Easy'...I loved it
I was getting sick of the B-52's. I ALWAYS carry a teakwood Kazoo I got
about 10 years ago around with me. Everybody should have a Kazoo.
In 2000 I sent plastic kazoos to people on my Floyd group, and when I send
things, I throw in some shiny confetti. One guy in Holland said he was
still 'Hoovering' confetti out of the carpet 7 years later. LOL.
It's not pixie-dust, just the small confetti.
A Kazoo is fun and anybody can 'play' it. Kids toy? HA!!
Hug
Kyla
--hoping my pooter dunt crash again

Old March 6th 08, 02:04 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Victor Martinez

Kyla =^..^= wrote:
When yer driving, what do you listen to?

Lots of things. I keep my iPod on random.

--
Victor M. Martinez
Send your spam he

Old March 6th 08, 02:50 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

"Kyla =^..^=" wrote in message
news
When yer driving, what do you listen to?
We loathe the radio, too many annoying ads..

It's just background noise to me. Lots of times I don't bother with
anything at all. Sometimes I listen to CD's. I like a lot of (original,
not a compilation of regurtitated "hits") motion picture soundtracks even if
I've never seen the film.

I ALWAYS carry a teakwood Kazoo
Kyla

I would imagine driving while playing a Kazoo is as dangerous, if not
moreso, than driving while yakking on a cell phone! LOL

Jill

Old March 6th 08, 03:03 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
john sumner[_7_]

"Kyla =^..^=" wrote in
news
When yer driving, what do you listen to?
We loathe the radio, too many annoying ads..
DH burned a whole bunch of CDs and today were listening to Cajun
music, the soundtrack from The movie 'The Big Easy'...I loved it
I was getting sick of the B-52's. I ALWAYS carry a teakwood Kazoo I
got about 10 years ago around with me. Everybody should have a Kazoo.
In 2000 I sent plastic kazoos to people on my Floyd group, and when I
send things, I throw in some shiny confetti. One guy in Holland said
he was still 'Hoovering' confetti out of the carpet 7 years later.
LOL. It's not pixie-dust, just the small confetti.
A Kazoo is fun and anybody can 'play' it. Kids toy? HA!!
Hug
Kyla
--hoping my pooter dunt crash again

I listen too either classical music or books on CD.

Old March 6th 08, 07:09 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque)

Kyla =^..^= wrote:
When yer driving, what do you listen to?

KBAQ, here (cursing them roundly if they're holding one of their too
frequent fund drives). KUSC and KMZT when I lived in L.A. - although I
understand KMZT has stopped playing classical, dammit! (After they
changed the call letters to "K-Mozart", too!) That's a predictable
outcome of mega-corporations owning all the media - it's not only the
news that is censored by the owners, the public no longer has much of a
voice in how much "free speech" and "free expression" we are allowed.
Old March 6th 08, 07:13 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque)

jmcquown wrote:

"Kyla =^..^=" wrote in message
news
When yer driving, what do you listen to?
We loathe the radio, too many annoying ads..

It's just background noise to me. Lots of times I don't bother with
anything at all. Sometimes I listen to CD's. I like a lot of
(original, not a compilation of regurtitated "hits") motion picture
soundtracks even if I've never seen the film.

I ALWAYS carry a teakwood Kazoo
Kyla

I would imagine driving while playing a Kazoo is as dangerous, if not
moreso, than driving while yakking on a cell phone! LOL

Or in a pickup truck with a large dog sitting on your lap, its head
hanging out the driver's window! (I've actually SEEN that, in Phoenix -
when the driver swerved across three lanes, right in front of me,
because he decided he wanted to make a right turn at the intersection a
hundred feet away.)
Old March 6th 08, 07:19 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque)

NeeCee wrote:
we usually listen to Contemporary Christian music,

To me, "Contemporary Christian Music" is an oxymoron! There's PLENTY of
great Christian music (two millennium's worth), but the sort dubbed
"contemporary" is pure crap - neither "music", nor particularly
"Christian" in its text.
Old March 6th 08, 07:58 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

jmcquown wrote:

I would imagine driving while playing a Kazoo is as dangerous, if not
moreso, than driving while yakking on a cell phone! LOL

Well, I think you're imagining wrong. "Playing" a kazoo isn't much
different from humming. You're just doing it through a piece of
plastic (or wood, in Kyla's case - oooo, fancy! ), which distorts
the sound. And they can be fun - a few members of my choral group
and I got hold of some kazoos, and proceeded to go through quite a
few numbers in our repertoire before we got sick of ourselves. .
But there's not much to take your attention away from driving. I
definitely vote for the kazoo player over the cellphone chatter on
the road!

Joyce
--
To send email to this address, remove the triple-X from my user name.
Old March 6th 08, 08:07 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

"EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque)" wrote:

NeeCee wrote:
we usually listen to Contemporary Christian music,

To me, "Contemporary Christian Music" is an oxymoron! There's PLENTY of
great Christian music (two millennium's worth), but the sort dubbed
"contemporary" is pure crap - neither "music", nor particularly
"Christian" in its text.

I really disagree! Just because it doesn't follow traditional forms,
doesn't mean it's not Christian. They're singing about Jesus and God -
what's un-Christian about that? You might not like the music, and I
certainly can't argue with another person's preference, but I definitely
consider it to be religious music.

I was just reading an article about CCM, written by an agnostic who
was raised Jewish - so about as far from Christian as one usually gets
in the US. And she was saying that she really enjoyed that music because
it's the only place where you can hear sincere explorations of what
life is about - faith, doubt, hope, love, etc. For a person who likes
pop and rock music, it's hard to find that most of the time - the message
of a lot of popular music these days is pretty bleak. I can really
understand wanting something more than that, but, if you're not able to
relate to more traditional liturgical music, you might look to popular
musical forms instead.

And what's wrong with that? You might not like it yourself, but there's
no reason to be so rigid about what's "real music".

Joyce
--
To send email to this address, remove the triple-X from my user name.
Old March 6th 08, 08:19 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
David

NeeCee wrote:
we usually listen to Contemporary Christian music,

To me, "Contemporary Christian Music" is an oxymoron! There's PLENTY of
great Christian music (two millennium's worth), but the sort dubbed
"contemporary" is pure crap - neither "music", nor particularly
"Christian" in its text.

Some of my favorite car music:
Masses by William Byrd
Thomas Tallis, Gibbons, Victoria, Schütz, Gabrieli, other Renaissance stuff
Organ music--J. S. Bach, Franck, Widor, Vierne, Duruflé, etc., etc., with a
weakness for French 19th century instruments (what a wonderful roar they
produce!)
Ralph Vaughan Williams
Sometimes hymns, well-played and well-sung--but for my hymns are really
participatory--there's nothing for me quite like leading with my playing an
exuberantly-singing congregation.
I'm an organist, so I'm biased towards really great classics.

Other car music: classical music of all sorts--orchestral, chamber, vocal,
operas (sometimes)

The cats? they're not too concerned, as long as it's not too loud, and
they're not in the car!

David

More Music Fun jmcquown Cat anecdotes 0 October 1st 06 06:06 PM
Cats and Music Mishi Cat anecdotes 12 April 10th 06 03:04 AM
Cat music Clare M Cat community 0 March 20th 06 06:30 PM
My own music critic Dan M Cat anecdotes 8 November 26th 04 05:37 AM
Cat Music Mr Nangla Cat health & behaviour 10 February 9th 04 07:44 AM