*Phone Calls

Old April 3rd 08, 01:10 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Kyla =^. .^=

Default *Phone Calls

First somebody called me and aked for 'kaYla..
I replied, there's no kaYla at this # and hung up on her.
You don't pronounce my name right, you don't get to talk to me.
Period!!
Then,
I keep getting these calls asking for my deceased (since 1991) MIL.
Some cretin just called and asked for her, and I told him in a real snotty
tone,
"how dare you call someone who has been deceased for a # of years"?
Take her off your damn list!!"
Then he proceded to 'try' and talk to me,
not offering an apology, and I barked " I don't even want to talk to you!!
and hung up! If someone calls me next time and asks for her, I'm going to
demand to talk to the supervisor and give him a piece of my mind,
which there's not much of left anyway.
What is wrong with people???
I'm not usually snotty with 'phone people', as I've been there, done that
for a lot of years, and most of them are nice, and I politely decline their
'offers' tell them to have a nice day, etc. Yes, I have Caller ID, but
sometimes DH gets 'legit' 800 calls.
I hate the 'recorded' ones I get too, and I usually listen and hit #2 to opt
out of their lists. But they sell my # to other 'lists'. I don't even turn
the phones
on till around noon.
One afternoon, I was taking a catnap with my funny puuring Mosey and someone
called, asked for me, DH had answered the phone, as mine in the bedroom was
turned off.
Turns out they wanted to send me, a little old lady, some porn videos
He declined.
LOL
Sheesh
Anyhoooo
Hugs
Kyla

Old April 3rd 08, 01:12 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Sherry

On Apr 2, 7:10*pm, "Kyla =^. .^=" wrote:
One afternoon, I was taking a catnap with my funny puuring Mosey and someone
called, asked for me, DH had answered the phone, as mine in the bedroom was
turned off.
Turns out they wanted to send me, a little old lady, some porn *videos
He declined.
LOL
Sheesh
Anyhoooo
Hugs
Kyla

What??!!! That was surely some kids pranking you!
It's a rare thing for us to get a solicitor these days. That no-call
list
really helped stop that for the most part.
Sherry

Old April 3rd 08, 01:20 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Granby

The no call list didn't help much where I live. Now, they are starting on
cell phone.

Funniest that I got said " Do to your excellent driving record, our records
show you have not had a ticket nor an accident in the last 10 years, you are
entitled to purchase this low cost insurance." I messed with them a bit
then said "How long has this been available to legally blind persons?" Can
you believe they hung up on me? THE NERVE!

Old April 3rd 08, 01:31 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Granby

A few months ago a man called and after saying what he wanted he said " I
talked to your husband about this last week." After catching my breath I
asked "Could you give me the number you connected with him on?" He gave me
my number. I called him a liar and asked for his supervisor, the lady came
on and I explained to her what he had said and she said "well, lady if he
said he talked to him he did." Interesting I said since he has been dead
for two years. The hussy hung up on me.
"Matthew" wrote in message

"Kyla =^. .^=" wrote in message
news
[...]

This is too funny I just had a phone call from Toyota offering me to
extended my car warranty and car insurance. I own a 2007 F 150 that has a
10 year 120,000 bumper to bumper plus maintaince coverage. I said thank
god you called I really need to extended it. She started to go thru the
whole thing Every part of my name wrong; didn't correct her. It got to
the point where they have me give the vin number and credit card number.
I said I got a couple questions before we go any farther Do this cover
interior damage beside bumper to bumper coverage along with car insurance
that your plan provides. She said yes why I said the car got rear ended
by semi truck last night and I am covered since you started the paperwork
and agreed to cover me? Right?. Dead Silence.......She hung up on me.
Made me smile after the day that I had.

You get a solicitor calling you talk to them like a five year old takes
about 10 seconds for them to hang up on you

Old April 3rd 08, 01:37 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

Granby wrote:
The no call list didn't help much where I live. Now, they are
starting on cell phone.

You can register your cell phone for Do Not Call the same as a land-line.
When I got here in January Mom's phone rang off the hook with telemarketing
calls. Now she gets the occasional auto-dialed call but those are easy
enough to hang up on. And in fact I've discovered if with those auto-dialed
recorded calls you can press 2 on your phone and it removes you from being
called back.

Jill

Old April 3rd 08, 01:55 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Kyla =^. .^=

"Matthew"

[...]

LOL, thanks Matthew, that made ME smile for the first time today.
Hug
Kyla
send me an e-mail when you get your card.

Old April 3rd 08, 01:58 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Joy

"Sherry" wrote in message
On Apr 2, 7:10 pm, "Kyla =^. .^=" wrote:
One afternoon, I was taking a catnap with my funny puuring Mosey and
someone
called, asked for me, DH had answered the phone, as mine in the bedroom
was
turned off.
Turns out they wanted to send me, a little old lady, some porn videos
He declined.
LOL
Sheesh
Anyhoooo
Hugs
Kyla

What??!!! That was surely some kids pranking you!
It's a rare thing for us to get a solicitor these days. That no-call
list
really helped stop that for the most part.
Sherry

***

It stopped it for a while, but I get three or four calls a week from various
companies wanting to remodel my house.

Joy

Old April 3rd 08, 01:59 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Kyla =^. .^=

"Sherry" ...
On Apr 2, 7:10 pm, "Kyla =^. .^="
One afternoon, I was taking a catnap with my funny puuring Mosey and
someone
called, asked for me, DH had answered the phone, as mine in the bedroom
was
turned off.
Turns out they wanted to send me, a little old lady, some porn videos
He declined.
LOL
Sheesh
Anyhoooo
Hugs
Kyla

What??!!! That was surely some kids pranking you!

Nope, it was for real. *rolls eyes*

It's a rare thing for us to get a solicitor these days. That no-call
list really helped stop that for the most part.
Sherry

Well, like I said before, it doesn't help me, because DH gets some legit 800
calls from his new Rx Provider, There's a Voice Mail from yesterday from an
800 # that I haven't even bothered to listen to yet. They'll call back if
it's important enough.
Thanx for the imput.
Hug
Kyla

Old April 3rd 08, 02:17 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Kyla =^. .^=

Default *Phone Calls/ & text messaging

We have 2 'pre-paid' cell phones, for 'emergency' only.
They ring 'sometimes' when they're being charged.
I make DH take his if he goes out without me, in case something happens/slow
traffic, etc, or if I forget to tell him to pick up whatever I forgot to
put on the list.
When we go to a big store together, we can use them for 'locaters'. I'll be
on aisle 20 in the catfood section and he'll be over someplace else, so
we'll meet in the
'produce' dept or something.
Text messaging is a whole 'nother matter altogether.
I can see how it can be used 'usefully' for those who are hearing/speech
impaired, or otherwise impaired,
but why do teen-agers sit there and text to each other when they can just '
talk'? Geez, that makes NO sense to me at all.

"Granby"
The no call list didn't help much where I live. Now, they are starting on
cell phone.

Geez Sherry. The NERVE of them indeed.
Good for you to mess with them like that EG
Hug
Kyla