How fireworks saved my cat ...

Old April 5th 08, 06:30 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Cosmotcat

Default How fireworks saved my cat ...

Last night during the stiff breezes here in South Florida, I heard the
front door go 'KA-THUMP'. (apparently I hadn't shut it TIGHT the last
time I went out).

I immediately thought "Oh crap ... Cosmo."
(cosmo is my 13 year-old INDOOR cat)

I got up and opened the door, and sure enough, he was out there, 6 feet
from the door, lookin' around, sniffin' leaves, sniffin' the air, then
lookin' back AT ME *as if he does this all the freakin' time.

I went out there and he yelled at me when I tried to get him back in
the house. And if you wanna see something funny, watch a middle-aged,
one-legged man trying to retrieve a very DEFIANT cat ... in the dark
(10:30 at night).

He kept yelling at me with that short "Ma!" sound. I was kind of
laughing. Then I finally said, "Okay f***ker, you're outside now." and
went back in the house.

I kept checking, and he was always out there, close to the house, and
always yelling at me.

About 20 minutes later, the fireworks at the ball park right down the
road went into their finale. BOOM BOOM BOOM ... B-B-B-B-BOOM!

I laughed because I knew ... and went to the door and sure enuf, there
he was with that "Oh ****! oh ****! oh ****! ..." look on his face and
he came RUNNING back into the house.

But then he kept going to the door to try that again. If he only had
opposable thumbs.

The little *******.
(I say that with love)

Old April 5th 08, 10:07 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

Cosmotcat wrote:

Last night during the stiff breezes here in South Florida, I heard the
front door go 'KA-THUMP'. (apparently I hadn't shut it TIGHT the last
time I went out).

I immediately thought "Oh crap ... Cosmo."
(cosmo is my 13 year-old INDOOR cat)

Funny story. I never thought I'd hear a story where someone was grateful
for the effect fireworks had on their pet!

--
Joyce

To email me, remove the triple-X from my user name. ^..^
Old April 6th 08, 09:36 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Yowie

Cosmotcat wrote:
[...]

Hehehehehe - life with a b*st*rd c*t is never boring :-) Glad to see a
fellow 'sufferer' - I miss mine so much.

I'm glad Cosmo came home.

Yowie
PS - welcome to RPCA, I don't think I've seen you before.

Old April 6th 08, 11:15 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Cosmotcat

Oh thanks for the welcome. I have been here before, usually with a
different name/email to keep the spammers off my tail.

My cats are Dusty (my angel), Cosmo (the old man) and I used to have
Oreo (RIP, baby boy). I post stories here once in a while, sometimes I
read a story just to get smile.

Here are pics of the kidz:
http://homepage.mac.com/cosmotcat/ca...ery_index.html

-John R.

Old April 7th 08, 03:09 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
CatNipped[_2_]

"Cosmotcat" wrote in message
Oh thanks for the welcome. I have been here before, usually with a
different name/email to keep the spammers off my tail.

My cats are Dusty (my angel), Cosmo (the old man) and I used to have Oreo
(RIP, baby boy). I post stories here once in a while, sometimes I read a
story just to get smile.

Here are pics of the kidz:
http://homepage.mac.com/cosmotcat/ca...ery_index.html

-John R.

Awww, you have some gorgeous fur-babies!

Hugs,

CatNipped

Old April 10th 08, 12:45 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Cosmotcat

Yeah, we miss Oreo. He was a unique kitty.

Cosmo is the cool guy of the house, and Dusty is the bossa me.

Old April 10th 08, 12:45 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Cosmotcat

I love coming home and opening the door and they are RIGHT THERE lookin
like they JUST got outta bed.

Old April 11th 08, 12:32 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
tanadashoes

"Cosmotcat" wrote in message
I love coming home and opening the door and they are RIGHT THERE lookin
like they JUST got outta bed.

Don't you just love that confused, sleepy look they have when they are first
awakened? No matter how old, they look so adolescent.

Pam S.

Old April 11th 08, 01:24 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

tanadashoes wrote:

"Cosmotcat" wrote in message

I love coming home and opening the door and they are RIGHT THERE lookin
like they JUST got outta bed.

Don't you just love that confused, sleepy look they have when they are first
awakened? No matter how old, they look so adolescent.

"Dude... wait, what?"

Old April 12th 08, 02:45 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Cosmotcat

On 2008-04-10 19:32:08 -0400, "tanadashoes" said:

"Cosmotcat" wrote in message
I love coming home and opening the door and they are RIGHT THERE lookin
like they JUST got outta bed.

Don't you just love that confused, sleepy look they have when they are first
awakened? No matter how old, they look so adolescent.

Pam S.

With the Cosmo cat, it's usually very evident that he just woke up.
That cat can SLEEP. Sometimes he is so sunk into the comforter on the
bed he looks like he is part of the comforter.

Dusty usually sleeps with one eye open (when I am home) not letting me
out of her sight.

Fireworks!! Yay!!! Jack Campin - bogus address Cat anecdotes 2 November 7th 07 02:18 PM
OT - Make your own fireworks Rhonda Cat anecdotes 2 July 5th 06 06:41 AM
OT - Make your own fireworks Rhonda Cat health & behaviour 0 July 5th 06 01:48 AM
B & C and Fireworks Bev Cat anecdotes 10 November 6th 04 10:27 AM
Fireworks Mr Nangla Cat health & behaviour 4 November 4th 03 02:29 AM