Only slave to one now

Old April 9th 08, 12:08 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Yowie

Default Only slave to one now

Over the last few days, its become mightily clear that Pickle will not have
me as his slave. I've sadly had to hand in my resignation with him, and am
now only down to one owner, Suki.

But don't panic. Pickle is still part of the family. But I"ve been told in
no undertain terms that The Yowlet is his one and only, and I'm merely the
food dispensing device.

This all became very obvious over the last few days because Cary has got his
winter cough again. This year, its not croup (touch wood) as his airways are
now just big enough *not* to close over, but the cough still sounds like a
seal bark, and the coughing is incessant, particular at night.

When the coughing gets too much, he throws up. Not pleasant for anyone inthe
family, but you would have thought that the cats would have stayed well
clear. Suki did, but not Pickle.

Pickle jumped up right next to Cary (very carefully avoiding the trajectory)
and purred for the first time I have ever heard (felt,yes, heard, no). When
I tried to touch Cary, he hissed at me, and then 'bopped' me a solid
warning. Then I got The Glare - the "back off, this is *my* human*, and
you'd better not be hurting him!" look, a look that Shmogg would have been
extremely proud of.

So, Pickle isn't my cat, but I think that he's a worthy successor to Shmogg
in the house hold; Cary & Pickle being the next generation of Superior Cat &
Worthy Slave. Suki, well, she seems to have picked me as her human, and I'll
accept my role, even if I have to cede my title as "Slave to B*st*rd C*t" to
my heir.

Yowie
--
If you're paddling upstream in a canoe and a wheel falls off, how many
pancakes can you fit in a doghouse? None, icecream doesn't have bones.

Old April 9th 08, 12:56 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Jane

On Apr 9, 7:08*am, "Yowie" wrote:

This all became very obvious over the last few days because Cary has got his
winter cough again. This year, its not croup (touch wood) as his airways are
now just big enough *not* to close over, but the cough still sounds like a
seal bark, and the coughing is incessant, particular at night.

When the coughing gets too much, he throws up. Not pleasant for anyone inthe
family, but you would have thought that the cats would have stayed well
clear. Suki did, but not Pickle.

Yowie

Yowie,
Have you had him checked for asthma? That sounds a lot like the
asthma cough
I had for YEARS before I was diagnosed properly. Mild asthma doesn't
make you
very short of breath or turn blue - it's just an annoying dry bark of
a cough.

Jane
- owned and operated by the Princess Rita
Old April 9th 08, 02:48 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Adrian[_2_]

Awwwww. Purrs for Cary to get well soon.
--
Adrian (Owned by Snoopy & Bagheera)
Cats leave pawprints on your heart

Old April 9th 08, 03:53 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Lesley

On Apr 9, 4:08*am, "Yowie" wrote:
I'm merely the
food dispensing device.

I sometimes think that;s all I am to both the Fabulous Furballs. That
and person who cleans their litter tray

Lesley

Slave of the Fabulous Furballs

Old April 9th 08, 05:12 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Stormmee

that is a wonderful story, gotta make you feel good as a mom that another
being feels that much for your offspring, Lee

&

Old April 9th 08, 06:37 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Granby

I almost sprained a finger getting that in before you did as I knew you
would!!!! Have to get a new keyboard. O T was sitting above on the shelf
that runs from bookcase to bookcase on this desk. Willow disturbed him and
he took a tumble onto the keyboard. Now I have four keys that are stuck in
the down position. They still function but don't know for how long.
"Stormmee" wrote in message
you beat me, Lee

Old April 9th 08, 07:18 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Stormmee

don't strain so much, not good , if you don't have anybody to put on the
been gay... *smirk,* Lee
Granby wrote in message
I almost sprained a finger getting that in before you did as I knew you
would!!!! Have to get a new keyboard. O T was sitting above on the shelf
that runs from bookcase to bookcase on this desk. Willow disturbed him

and
he took a tumble onto the keyboard. Now I have four keys that are stuck

in
the down position. They still function but don't know for how long.
"Stormmee" wrote in message
you beat me, Lee