Dealing with Terrorists (Nocturne Wins)

Old April 11th 08, 08:28 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Enfilade

Default Dealing with Terrorists (Nocturne Wins)

We have had no choice but to concede to the Phantom Piddler.

Last month, Nocturne's peeing by the front door got well and truly out
of hand. Every day she peed the spot. Feliway did nothing. Herbal
spray did nothing. Tinfoil did nothing. Nothing could stop her.

(She went to the vet for extensive urology testing. There is nothing
physically wrong with her.)

She doesn't pee anywhere else on the floor if we keep soft things
(like clothes and rugs) off of it, but that ONE SPOT, she peed the
bare floor, right by the front door, 8 days in a row.

There was really only one thing to do.

We moved the litterbox out of the hall closet and put it right by the
front door, right over the pee spot.

And it's now been three weeks and not a SINGLE strike by the Phantom.
Nothing!

Sigh. It's gross having a litter box be the first thing visitors see
when they walk in. It's annoying not to be able to put shoes by the
door because the area is coopted by a litter box. It's frustrating to
realize that we just conceded to her unreasonable little demands.

On the other hand, it's great not cleaning up cat pee every day.

Nocturne wanted a litter box there. Nocturne demanded that it be so.
Nocturne committed acts of terrorism, and treated the spot as her own
personal toilet until we made it so.

Nocturne = 1 Humans = 0.

Sigh.

--Fil
Old April 11th 08, 08:31 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Will in New Haven

On Apr 11, 3:28*pm, Enfilade wrote:
[...]

You have grossly undercounted Nocturne's score. Over the years, her
triumphs have been numerous. She is an inspiration to cats
everywhere.

--
Will in New Haven

Old April 11th 08, 08:38 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
CatNipped[_2_]

"Enfilade" wrote in message
[...]

snerk Oh, Fil hee hee I'm so sorry snicker I mean snort how awful
for you.... BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Never underestimate the forces of darkness (or the power of pee - as I've
found to my dismay)! ;

Hugs,

CatNipped

Old April 11th 08, 09:17 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Stormmee

will she go in a covered box? if so you could get one of those way over
priced boxes i saw at Petsmart last week, was wooden with a bottonm
removable top and the 4 sides had diamond shapes cut out for the cat to
enter and leave, quite attractive but way too expensive, Lee, who lives your
pain

Old April 11th 08, 10:02 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Jo Firey

"Matthew" wrote in message

"Enfilade" wrote in message
[...]

I wonder if you go buy a box and put dryer sheets that have a citrus
smell on them I wonder if that would do it.

Spirit used to pee on mom's bed due to Limo and him hating each other
she put dryer sheets there and the cats hate the smell so they avoid it.

I got a phantom piddler right now just trying to figure out which one it
is and where they are doing it. I can smell it but can't find the source

Good reminder for me. We are having washing machine problems again.

Have to remember that when they open it up to fix it, to coat everything
with bitter apple again.

And to go around the house and refresh the bitter apple on the phone and
video game cords.

Gotta keep the mice and Molly from chewing.

Jo

Old April 11th 08, 10:32 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Enfilade

Our guys all love dryer sheets. I've seen their little heads resting
on them. No luck there....

We just got a covered box, and it's the smallest covered box I've
seen, unfortunately, it is still too big to fit in the entranceway (it
interfered with the door opening/closing as there are walls at 90
degree angles to the door on both sides. We had to use it elsewhere
and put a very small, open litterbox in Nocturne's location of
choice. In the good news, we are no longer getting litter dust on the
bedroom furniture (The covered one is in there now.)

Will--1/0 is merely the result of the latest match. You are right,
Nocturne's score for this lifetime is much higher. Imagine the score
accumulated through her 665 prior lives...

--Fil

Old April 11th 08, 11:09 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

Enfilade wrote:

We have had no choice but to concede to the Phantom Piddler.

[snip]

Sigh. It's gross having a litter box be the first thing visitors see
when they walk in. It's annoying not to be able to put shoes by the
door because the area is coopted by a litter box. It's frustrating to
realize that we just conceded to her unreasonable little demands.

On the other hand, it's great not cleaning up cat pee every day.

Nocturne wanted a litter box there. Nocturne demanded that it be so.
Nocturne committed acts of terrorism, and treated the spot as her own
personal toilet until we made it so.

Nocturne = 1 Humans = 0.

Sigh.

The terrorists have won. I guess Nocturne is the Queen of Darkness
after all. I was starting to have my doubts after all those posts about
how cute and sweet she's been lately.

But, seriously, I'm sorry that you have to have a litterbox right next
to the front door. Is it a covered box, at least?

--
Joyce

To email me, remove the triple-X from my user name. ^..^
Old April 12th 08, 01:03 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Enfilade

No such luck Joyce. The space is very narrow...there is basically a
wall to each side of the doorway. The litterbox is technically behind
the door. We had to use the smallest available litterbox size...the
little pan barely bigger than a cat...in order to be able to open the
door. and you can't get a covered one so small.

"Welcome to our house. POO!"

(Actually, I wonder if Nox wants to "mark the house" from the people
walking by in the hall outside, to tell them that this is the start of
HER EFFING TERRITORY and they'd better stay out of it?)

--FIl

Old April 12th 08, 05:25 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Marina

Enfilade wrote:

Nocturne = 1 Humans = 0.

Sigh.

LOL. What could you do but give in? She probably just wants everyone who
comes in the door to know immediately that they are entering her realms.

Old April 12th 08, 06:46 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
John A

In article
,
Enfilade wrote:

[...]

Did you try putting a food dish in the spot? I've never had occasion
to try this, but I've been told that cats won't pee next to their food
dish. And it's a bit less gross than the litter tray.

John, servant to their Imperial Siamese Majesties, Rhia and Amy.