Communication

Old August 22nd 08, 09:04 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.misc
Ted Davis[_3_]

Default Communication

On Fri, 22 Aug 2008 06:07:29 -0700, Kermit Tisdale wrote:

Thanks to ALL that replied to my original question . Your answers have
been very insightful. This is only my 2nd cat, but I've already learned
much about her (from this Discussion group).

Again; Thanks!!

Second at the same time or second sequential? The optimum number of cats
is usually two or three at the same time.

--
T.E.D. )

Old August 22nd 08, 10:40 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.misc
Kermit Tisdale

This is my 2nd cat sequentially....see in the building I live, we can
only have one cat or dog at a time and the dog can't be over a certain
size You can have more birds and fish though.

Old August 23rd 08, 01:30 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.misc
Ted Davis[_3_]

On Fri, 22 Aug 2008 14:40:22 -0700, Kermit Tisdale wrote:

This is my 2nd cat sequentially....see in the building I live, we can only
have one cat or dog at a time and the dog can't be over a certain size You
can have more birds and fish though.

Well, I guess not everybody can live out in the country ... with fourteen
cats, plus visiting families of skunks, coons and possums ... and
hummingbirds, more of those than I can count or even estimate.

--

T.E.D. ) MST (Missouri University of Science and Technology)
used to be UMR (University of Missouri - Rolla).

Old August 24th 08, 09:24 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.misc
Stampir

"Ted Davis" wrote in message
news
On Fri, 22 Aug 2008 06:07:29 -0700, Kermit Tisdale wrote:

Thanks to ALL that replied to my original question . Your answers have
been very insightful. This is only my 2nd cat, but I've already learned
much about her (from this Discussion group).

Again; Thanks!!

Second at the same time or second sequential? The optimum number of cats
is usually two or three at the same time.

--
T.E.D. )

Why is that? My family has usually had only one cat at a time. The cats
always seemed
happy. I guess w/two or more they have company and someone to play with
though.

Old August 25th 08, 01:55 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.misc
Ted Davis[_3_]

On Sun, 24 Aug 2008 13:24:20 -0700, Stampir wrote:

Why is that? My family has usually had only one cat at a time. The cats
always seemed
happy. I guess w/two or more they have company and someone to play with
though.

It's usually held that two will be playmates; with three, two will gang ou
on the third. That may or may not be true: three may get along well with
each other, or two will be a team and ignore the third while the third
ignores them; on the other hand, two may never become friends, but they do
provide interest for each other.

Personally, I prefer enough so that there is almost always one handy for
lap duty. Until I got CJ, that took over a dozen - him, I can't get rid
of when I *don't* want a lap cat. The current count (indoor/outdoor cats
living out in the country) is fourteen.

Old August 29th 08, 01:44 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.misc
Stampir

"Ted Davis" wrote in message
news
[...]

YOu have your own cat clowder!