How to sit in a chair

Old December 10th 08, 07:39 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Ted Davis[_3_]

Default How to sit in a chair

How to sit down in a chair without sitting on the cat in it.

Step 1: put a folded towel in the seat, fold at the back

Step 2: wait for the cat to take over the chair (probably not very long)

Step 3: lift up the edge of the top layer of the towel, rolling the cat to
the back of the seat and forcing the legs and tail close to the cat's body

Step 4: sit down on the exposed part of the bottom layer of the towel

When getting up, pull the top layer of the towel back to the front of the
seat to reset the cat roller.

I devised this to deal with Chloe having taken over my kitchen table chair
- I got tired of putting her down, and she got tired of having to pull her
paws and tail out from under me (sometimes with my help). She doesn't
seem to mind the towel thing as much as she minds being sat on or moved.

--

T.E.D. ) MST (Missouri University of Science and Technology)
used to be UMR (University of Missouri - Rolla).

Old December 11th 08, 12:49 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

"Ted Davis" wrote in message
news
How to sit down in a chair without sitting on the cat in it.

You mean like this?

http://icanhascheezburger.wordpress....sit-on-him.jpg

Jill

Old December 11th 08, 01:13 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Ted Davis[_3_]

On Wed, 10 Dec 2008 19:49:38 -0500, jmcquown wrote:

You mean like this?

http://icanhascheezburger.wordpress....sit-on-him.jpg

She just does more of a huff - she really doesn't get excited at all. She
knows I won't sit on her body ... at least not if I know she is there, but
she does have a habit of sticking her paws and tail out into the area
where I have to sit (the front edge of *my own* chair ... at least it's
mine in the sense that I paid good money for it, but as they say,
possession is nine points of the law, and she is usually, these cold days,
in possession).

Old December 11th 08, 03:51 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Marina

Ted Davis wrote:
How to sit down in a chair without sitting on the cat in it.

Step 1: put a folded towel in the seat, fold at the back

Step 2: wait for the cat to take over the chair (probably not very long)

Step 3: lift up the edge of the top layer of the towel, rolling the cat to
the back of the seat and forcing the legs and tail close to the cat's body

Step 4: sit down on the exposed part of the bottom layer of the towel

When getting up, pull the top layer of the towel back to the front of the
seat to reset the cat roller.

I devised this to deal with Chloe having taken over my kitchen table chair
- I got tired of putting her down, and she got tired of having to pull her
paws and tail out from under me (sometimes with my help). She doesn't
seem to mind the towel thing as much as she minds being sat on or moved.

I needed these instructions when Nikki was still alive. I lost count of
how often I sat down on her, poor little girl.

--
Marina, Miranda and Caliban.
In loving memory of Frank and Nikki.
Old December 11th 08, 05:11 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Steve Touchstone[_3_]

On Thu, 11 Dec 2008 05:51:21 +0200, Marina
wrote:

Ted Davis wrote:
[...]

Poor Sammy has the same problem. I keep telling her that it's next to
impossible for me to see a meatloafing tuxedo kitty when it's dark.
Especially when she's on the black computer chair or dark blue
bedspread - for that matter the blue rub in the bathroom.
--
Steve Touchstone
Little Bit, Sammy, Spotty, Princess, Furby

Chair Greeblings jmcquown[_2_] Cat anecdotes 2 July 25th 08 06:32 AM
It's the COmputer Chair Jo Firey Cat anecdotes 19 July 17th 06 04:25 AM
Cat IN a Chair Bev Cat anecdotes 6 January 20th 05 04:11 PM
Chair Scratching Wilba Cat anecdotes 40 October 10th 04 03:05 AM