Cleaning the litter box

Old January 4th 05, 03:10 PM
jmcquown

Default Cleaning the litter box

Got some new pan liners yesterday and more clumping litter. I find it gets
tracked around less than the big clay stuff which HURTS when you step on it.
And Persia doesn't like the crystal stuff, although she's very good about
using whatever I buy. She's such a sweet, adaptable girl.

So I changed the liner and litter a while ago. Persia watched with great
interest, then had to go test it. Do all cats do this? Is it an immediate
reaction to new 'sand'?

She's still upset with me because I didn't make the sun shine today. She's
fussing about going out in her kitty walk. But even though it's warm here
it's pouring down rain. Sorry sweetie, I'd make the sun shine if I could!
I wouldn't mind sitting on the patio swing while you're in your kitty walk,
watching the birds and squirrels. I'm pretty much confined to the house,
too

Jill

Old January 4th 05, 03:41 PM
Kreisleriana

On Tue, 4 Jan 2005 09:10:39 -0600, "jmcquown"
yodeled:

Got some new pan liners yesterday and more clumping litter. I find it gets
tracked around less than the big clay stuff which HURTS when you step on it.
And Persia doesn't like the crystal stuff, although she's very good about
using whatever I buy. She's such a sweet, adaptable girl.

So I changed the liner and litter a while ago. Persia watched with great
interest, then had to go test it. Do all cats do this? Is it an immediate
reaction to new 'sand'?

Yup.

Stinky always has to supervise the box cleaning and changing and
inspect anything I put in there. He always cheerfully uses anything
I've ever put in there, but he does have to check it.

Theresa
Old January 4th 05, 03:49 PM
Katz

jmcquown wrote:

So I changed the liner and litter a while ago. Persia watched with

great
interest, then had to go test it. Do all cats do this? Is it an

immediate
reaction to new 'sand'?

I use clumping litter, too, which means I can't scoop it out for a
short time after it's used. Mine have the annoying habit of wanting to
use it just as I'm about to clean it. I do it just shortly before bed,
& if they use it before I can get to clean it, I have to sit around &
wait for it to clump, so I can clean it & go to bed. ( LOL. So
sometimes I'll try to very gently encourage them to wait. But I'm
afraid to mess around too much w/their litter habits, KWIM? sigh It's
a tough job, being a kitty slave.

Most other folks I've talked to say their cats want to use it as son as
it's cleaned.

Katz

Old January 4th 05, 05:17 PM
Magic Mood Jeep

jmcquown wrote:
[...]

You should try it with *8*! Unless they are sleeping when I scoop, they
*all* want to inspect the 'new' litter! We use the hooded ones and when I
take the hood off, there's usually a cat or two that crawls underneath it,
where ever I set it (no they don't pee or pooh there, they're just curious
about this "new" object on the floor), and then when I replace the hood on
the litterbox, one of them will hop into the litterbox to christen it, with
another couple sticking their heads in the opening, inpatiently awaiting
their turn.

Once, before I started using scoopable (which was last month), I was
changing the litterboxes, and had take the bag of dirty litter out of the
box, and was taking it outside - when I heard pawing coming from the room
with the now-empty box I looked, and there was Ping, christening the empty
box! I guess he couldn't hold it

--
The ONE and ONLY
former-blonde in Bloomington! (And proud of it, too) email me at

Old January 4th 05, 06:55 PM
Katz

Magic Mood Jeep=A9 wrote:
the now-empty box I looked, and there was Ping, christening the empty

box! I guess he couldn't hold it

When I used to use non-clumping, they would occasionally pee in the
empty box, too.

Katz

Old January 5th 05, 07:53 AM
Steve Touchstone

On Tue, 04 Jan 2005 10:41:44 -0500, Kreisleriana
wrote:

Stinky always has to supervise the box cleaning and changing and
inspect anything I put in there. He always cheerfully uses anything
I've ever put in there, but he does have to check it.

Sammy supervises, and if I'm not quick enough she hops in before I'm
finished. Sometimes I thinks she does this just because she knows LB
hates a dirty box and would prefer it to be scooped (or better yet
changed completely) after each use
--
Steve Touchstone,
faithful servant of Sammy, Little Bit and Rocky (RB)

[remove Junk for email]
Home Page: