My feisty old ladycat update (long)

Old July 4th 08, 07:29 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Bettina

Default My feisty old ladycat update (long)

On 4 Jul., 02:40, "Christina Websell"
wrote:
Dang me if this cat won't be the death of me! *My nerves have been in shreds
lately what with her having to be hospitalised a few weeks ago, recovering
slowly from that, *going missing and me doing all the climbing over fences
searching, *getting found and going downhill again with no appetite, return
to TED for injections with warning of days to live, pooing all over, return
to TED, have a slight difference of opinion, get poo meds that he is
confident I won't be able to give, spend all my spare time cooking things
she *might* want to eat and trying to get her to eat them and hide the meds
somehow.
I feel worn out and exhausted.
HOWEVER!! * I think it's all been worth it. * She stopped having diarrhoea
about 36-48 hours after I managed to get a bit of her crushed tab into her
somehow twice a day. TED prescribed a quarter tab but looked at me out of
the corner of his eye and said "well, maybe a bit less.." *I doubt he has
seen such a small adult cat.
I've stopped giving her the tablets today because we have seen no poo at all
since it all settled down. *I don't want the opposite problem.
She is eating as well as she did before. *She's had two meals of catfood
today (although she did leave a bit of it and begged later for chicken,
which she got.) *She feels so much heavier already when I pick her up and
less frail.

I read each and every post everyone sent and appreciated every one. *Some
suggestions I could not do, we do not seem to get baby food here that is all
meat, for example. *I got her some baby food last time, the best I could do
was "vegetables and turkey" which she raised her eyebrows at and said "you
are joking, aren't you?"

KFC is sitting on the arm of the chair next to me as I am typing this and
keeps headbutting my hand and rubbing her cheeks on the keyboard. She almost
never bothers me when I am on the computer.
*Maybe she is trying to say" thank you to you all for my purrs and prayers."
She is purring up a storm herself. *This is not a dying cat any more.
Now all I need to see is a nice firm poo in the litterbox and I will say
she's fooled us all again, *(including TED) ;-)
Fortunately I will not need to be admitted to a psychiatric ward as I
already have a counsellor provided by my employer when a manager nearly
bullied me into oblivion. *It was his bad luck he came on Wednesday and got
a whole month's worth of Kitty Farmcat;-) * *He is a very nice man and has a
cat himself.

Tweed

Oh WOW - she`s feeling good again!
Thank god that another crises seems to have worked out.
There are so many of them lately.
I totally understand your "wrecked nerves".
Since October last year I get nervous twitching eyebrows just if a cat
of mine behaves slightly different.
And my heart freezes everytime I assume that something might be wrong
with one of them..
It is time that times get better.

Yay - many, many more happy days for KFC and you!

Bettina
Old July 4th 08, 07:35 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Bettina

wrote:
[...]

Ah yes - I forgot something. Don`t want to bother you with unwanted
suggestions,
but this one helped me soo damn good:
Everytime my nerve costume has been down beyond anything I took
lecithine pills - and
they really helped me feel better. Sort of lubricates the brain cells
and nerve costume.
And the pressure at the temporal bones (?) easens up.

Bettina
Old July 6th 08, 02:27 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

"Marina" wrote in message
Christina Websell wrote:
"Marina" wrote in message

Have you slept at all tonight? I saw a post from you timed 4.40 my time,

which would be 2.40 your time, and this post is timed 6.22 my time, 4.22
your time. I hope the worry has not kept you up all night?

No, I hadn't slept and yes the worry kept me up.

Do you have
to work today (Friday)?

I crept into work on Wednesday after 3 hours sleep. I was still awake at 5
Friday morning so I decided not to go. It would not be a good idea to have
me driving for 45 mins in the rush hour on two hours sleep. I did the
necessary chicken/cat feeding/watering, rang in to work at 9 and crashed out
until 3.

Please take care of yourself, too, Tweed!

I am a poor sleeper at the best of times. I also have far too much
imagination for my own good. I have be careful about what I watch on the
television, anything "scary psychological" will either keep me awake
afterwards or give me nightmares.
So when TED says to me, basically, that these are the last two injections he
is prepared to give to KFC to prolong her life it's not surprising, I
suppose, that it sends me into panic mode. My imagination takes me to the
surgery, holding her for that last injection, feeling her slump in my arms
as she dies.

Tweed

Old July 6th 08, 03:13 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Granby

Tweed, try and take care of yourself, I know that is hard when you have so
much on your mind. When I knew I had two weeks left with my Scooter dog, I
nearly wore myself out. What is in the cats book of life, like we humans,
will be. You have done all you can so please look out for yourself. Your
know KFC would want that. After all, she loves you as much as you love her.

Old July 6th 08, 04:34 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

"Smokie Darling (Annie)" wrote in message

Ahhh, how sweet of the counsellor to listen to that. I imagine that
he would understand though, seems the counsellors understand things
that I would be raising my eyebrows over (or at least I *think* I'd
raise my eyebrows)

Counsellors are not allowed to raise their eyebrows at anything. If I said
I wanted a gender reassignment (not that I do, you understand..) he would
not bat an eyelid.
It was him that persuaded me to seek medical attention for my awful
abdominal pains. You know me, hop to the surgery on a severed leg..
He visited me in hospital and when I was diagnosed with ovarian ca, and when
I told him, he turned away to hide his tears. He thought I didn't notice
it.
He changes my light bulbs, gives me his deceased father-in-law's slow cooker
because he noticed I didn't have one, and his tripod for birdwatching he
hasn't used in ages. I love this man in a platonic way. Bless his heart,
this man has a beautiful soul. We meet monthly and he gets the lot about
anything that is upsetting me. He takes it well ;-)
My employers have to pay for him. Serves them right for letting me get
bullied which I told them about and they did nothing.
Must be thousands of pounds now. Am I bovvered? ;-) No.

Tweed

Old July 6th 08, 11:30 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

Christina Websell wrote:

It was him that persuaded me to seek medical attention for my awful
abdominal pains. You know me, hop to the surgery on a severed leg..
He visited me in hospital and when I was diagnosed with ovarian ca, and when
I told him, he turned away to hide his tears. He thought I didn't notice
it.
He changes my light bulbs, gives me his deceased father-in-law's slow cooker
because he noticed I didn't have one, and his tripod for birdwatching he
hasn't used in ages. I love this man in a platonic way. Bless his heart,
this man has a beautiful soul. We meet monthly and he gets the lot about
anything that is upsetting me. He takes it well ;-)

He's an angel!! You're lucky to have him.

--
Joyce

To email me, remove the triple-X from my user name. ^..^
Old July 6th 08, 06:57 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
alisont via CatKB.com

I disagree. If the medicine was specifically for diarrhea, it should be
stopped as soon as the diarrhea has stopped.

Joy

I agree with your disagreement, having taken one too many doses of Pepto
Bismol myself once.

--
http://www.serenityscenes.com/

Old July 8th 08, 10:07 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
polonca12000

Christina Websell wrote:
Dang me if this cat won't be the death of me! snip
KFC is sitting on the arm of the chair next to me as I am typing this and
keeps headbutting my hand and rubbing her cheeks on the keyboard. She almost
never bothers me when I am on the computer.
Maybe she is trying to say" thank you to you all for my purrs and prayers."
She is purring up a storm herself. This is not a dying cat any more.
Now all I need to see is a nice firm poo in the litterbox and I will say
she's fooled us all again, (including TED) ;-)
Fortunately I will not need to be admitted to a psychiatric ward as I
already have a counsellor provided by my employer when a manager nearly
bullied me into oblivion. It was his bad luck he came on Wednesday and got
a whole month's worth of Kitty Farmcat;-) He is a very nice man and has a
cat himself.

Tweed

We will continue to send purrs for KFC and hugs for you, Christina,
Polonca and Soncek