Update From Christine Burel

Old July 6th 08, 01:21 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
tanadashoes

Default Update From Christine Burel

Wrote Christine asking how she and hers are doing. She gave me permission
to give you an update, so, rather than try to quote and get it right, I'm
posting the email she sent me.

Pam S.

Hi Pam,

Well, don't feel bad about writing because I'm equally as guilty as
evidenced by my tardy response, and I, too, feel bad about it. So to catch
up - I'm running constantly 24/7 it seems since I started volunteering with
the local cat rescue group. It's sort of taken over my life and I'm
honestly feeling somewhat unsure of what to do about it. We have too few
volunteers as do many rescue groups, and a few of us do all the work. I'm
currently doing adoptions out of Petsmart 4 days a week and working part
time at my book vendor job. The emotional drain is there, too. I have no
problems working and being there for the animals but the whole people part
and politics is getting old. So I guess you can see why I haven't been able
to hardly glance at RPCA since months now. I have basically one day I'm not
doing something every week. So thanks for letting me have my whiney moment;
now I'll move on )

Alex is doing well - he's still taking courses at the local community
college and is working at the neighborhood Dairy Queen to afford all the
expensive video stuff he wants... Celeste had a hard year with chronic
migraines and had to spend a lot of time out of school and then try to catch
up. We're glad it's summertime for her so she can unwind a bit so here
migraines are not as frequent.

We had a very close job call earlier in April-May - Byron was within 1week
of being laid off with the company he's been with since 25 years. We were
all quite stressed out to put it mildly but a wonderful bit of luck happened
and an opening in another division of the same company occurred - we were
soooooo lucky I cannot tell you. We were running to counseling with Celeste
up to that point about the prospect of moving. And, the best part, is Byron
really likes the work; it's something different than what he's done
previously. So bigtime thankfulness there.

We've missed you in RPCA.

Trust me, I've missed being there, too. Please feel free to pass on an
update on me and the owners if you would like. Tell everyone I do think of
them frequently and fondly.

Earlier this month Rob, Mike, Mandy, and I went to Florida to join in a
meet and greet in Orlando. We had a great time and got to meet Charleen,
Matthew (noretail), Christine (Kiliniki), John and Karen (Jaggath and

Kajikit) and their associated families. I couldn't help thinking how much
fun we'd have all had if you, Sherry, Steve Touchstone, and the others
whom we've met could have been there as well. Next year is the big meet
and greet in Orlando. No date yet, but they're talking about May or
June. I'd love it if you could be there too.

We're doing as well as can be expected. Rob goes in on the 10th for his
next MRI to see if there are things growing again in his head. I worry
about him as the cats have been gathering on his bed to sleep against him

again. In the past this has meant that things are going south.

I'm so sorry to hear that - that puts all my whining to silence because what
you all are going through is of such greater magnitude. Please give Rob,
Mike and Mandy our love and know that we are sending you lots of purrs and
purrayers for things to work out. I have a very close friend in California
whose husband is battlling skin cancer that traveled up the nerve pathways
into his brain. He has also gone through major medical treatments -
something called tomotography I think. I'm guessing you have already looked
into clinical trials for Rob through the NIH database? (I'm boing to forward
the links I looked up for my friend Anne to you in a separate email.)

Mandy wants to know how your cats are, especially Tucker.

Aw, well tell her our owners are all doing fine, my guys are now about 5,
6, 7 and 8 years old (Robin, Tucker, Oreo, & Midnight, respectively).
Tucker is still the biggest rascal and wonderful lapcat but he will always
be getting into it with Midnight. I do run around every day with bottles of
Petzyme to wipe up the latest marking disasters. Byron definitely is
long-suffering and an angel husband (we were married 25 year in May). All
my brood have been on a weight control regime since a year and very slowly
we've managed to get everybody to a good weight (Midnight and Robin being
the ones who had the most trouble with weight gain - I just rationed out
their portions of wet Wellness and weighed them each month and since last
September, Midnight has lost 2 lbs! She feels soooo much better and is
somewhat less crabby ;o) Robin and she could probably still stand to lose a
pound each over time (he's 11 lbs and she's 12.4) - Oreo is stable and has
kept her beauty figure always at 8.7 lb and Tucker is about 12.6 but he's a
big guy. Robin just had a dental last week (he has terrible teeth, poor
guy, and we had to pull teeth on him last year, too) and had to have 2 teeth
pulled.

She remembers clipping his claws and how impressed everyone was with her.
She is still our cat whisperer and does the dirty work for us all with
claws, pilling, and applying flea and tick medications. I think that

Tucker was a defining event for her.

Anyway, we're all hoping that this finds you all doing well and that things
are working out for you. We miss you.

Miss you lots, too, Pam. You and yours are always such a brave and
wonderful crowd - I hope we can arrange another cat group meeting someday.!
Purrs and lots of love, now and always from us,

Christine, Byron, Alex, Celeste and Oreo, Midnight, Robin & Tucker

Old July 6th 08, 01:52 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Kreisleriana[_3_]

(snip)

Please pass purrs right back on to Christine and her family.

You get a bunch, too, Pam/

--
Theresa, Stinky and Dante
drtmuirATearthlink.net

Old July 6th 08, 08:00 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Marina

tanadashoes wrote:
Wrote Christine asking how she and hers are doing. She gave me permission
to give you an update, so, rather than try to quote and get it right, I'm
posting the email she sent me.

Thank you so much for the update on Christine, Pam! I miss her very
much. Too bad RL is so hectic for her. We are purring for her and her
family. Great to hear how well her clowder is doing, though!

Old July 10th 08, 09:58 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
polonca12000

tanadashoes wrote:
Wrote Christine asking how she and hers are doing. She gave me permission
to give you an update, so, rather than try to quote and get it right, I'm
posting the email she sent me.

Pam S.

Hi Pam,

Well, don't feel bad about writing because I'm equally as guilty as
evidenced by my tardy response, and I, too, feel bad about it. So to catch
up - I'm running constantly 24/7 it seems since I started volunteering with
the local cat rescue group. snip

Thanks for the update, Pam. Christine is doing such a wonderful thing
for the kitties, but I wish she would have some time for herself too.
Lots of purrs,
Polonca and Soncek
Old July 10th 08, 11:05 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Kylatte =^. .^=`[_2_]

tanadashoes wrote:
Wrote Christine asking how she and hers are doing. She gave me
permission to give you an update, so, rather than try to quote and get it
right, I'm posting the email she sent me.

Pam S.

Hi Pam,

Well, don't feel bad about writing because I'm equally as guilty as
evidenced by my tardy response, and I, too, feel bad about it. So to
catch up - I'm running constantly 24/7 it seems since I started
volunteering with the local cat rescue group. snip

Thanks for the update, Pam. Christine is doing such a wonderful thing for
the kitties, but I wish she would have some time for herself too.
Lots of purrs,
Polonca and Soncek

Yes, yes she is doing a wonderful thing for the kitties and I agree with
Polonca
and wish she had some time for herself.
Puuuuuuuurs lovingly sent
Kyla

ping Christine Adrian A Cat anecdotes 3 December 16th 06 08:40 AM
PING Christine Burel Julie Cook Cat anecdotes 5 January 6th 05 03:20 PM
Barn kittens update from Christine Annie Wxill Cat anecdotes 15 June 15th 04 03:11 PM
Ping Christine Burel LOL Cat anecdotes 14 December 21st 03 10:15 AM
Burel kitties; it's always something or another (long) Christine Burel Cat anecdotes 10 October 24th 03 03:24 AM