[OT] Read it and weep!

Old July 7th 08, 04:34 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Pat[_2_]

Default [OT] Read it and weep!

"Jofirey" wrote

| Someone remind me how to save screen shots? It seems I will be taking
| the computer repair idiots to court and could really use printouts of
| some things.

Use the print screen key on your keyboard, then paste the image (from the
clipboard) into a new file in your photo editing program or MSPaint if it's
all you have.

Old July 7th 08, 04:53 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christine K

Jofirey kirjoitti:
Someone remind me how to save screen shots? It seems I will be taking
the computer repair idiots to court and could really use printouts of
some things.

Jo

Click AltGr (on the right hand side of the space bar) and Print Screen
(after the F-keys, above Insert/Home/PageUp etc.) - this will save a
copy of the active window. Then you need to paste this into Photoshop,
IrfanView, Paint or any such photo editor, or even into a Word document,
if you prefer that. But in Word you cannot cut or trim the picture.

--
Christine in Laitila, Finland
christal63 (at) gmail (dot) com
Old July 8th 08, 03:37 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Marina

Kreisleriana wrote:

Once on another NG, I made an official list of On-Topic Off-Topics. We
should probably do something like that.

Lessee:

- Bubbels
- Food
- Books
- Vacuum cleaners? Though you could say they are very much on topic,
with sub-topics like 'my cat is scared of the sucky monster' / 'my cat
loves to be vacuumed' / 'which vacuum picks up the most cat hair?' etc.

Old July 10th 08, 03:22 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Yowie

Marina wrote:
Kreisleriana wrote:

Once on another NG, I made an official list of On-Topic Off-Topics. We
should probably do something like that.

Lessee:

- Bubbels
- Food
- Books
- Vacuum cleaners? Though you could say they are very much on topic,
with sub-topics like 'my cat is scared of the sucky monster' / 'my cat
loves to be vacuumed' / 'which vacuum picks up the most cat hair?'
etc.

Differences in the English language between various different English
speakers....

Strange cultural differences (like vegemite)

Yowie