PING THE GROUP about the get together

Old July 30th 08, 11:30 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Matthew[_3_]

Default PING THE GROUP about the get together

I just made some suggestion to Charleen vie email basically here is the
blunt of it

Here is some ideas for the get together any where from Nov 2009 to Jan
2010. This is out of hurricane season and gin into the off season and the
cooler weather of Florida

That should give everyone plenty of time to get money saved up and for our
across the pond friends get their travel papers in order

Would you be willing to share a room with another person?

Are physical able are you to do things? If we go to a theme park they are
the size of a small town.

What type of restrictions are you under? food, activity ect

How many people would be coming with you?

I made the suggestion before about going to the Tampa tiger rescue for the
day. But any one else with ideas please pipe in we were looking about
the get together to be here in Florida but Charleen mentioned maybe some
one knows a great place that we all can gather at.

For me I was thinking people come in Saturday thru Monday. Monday night
have a dinner at the hotel or some where nice maybe a standing buffet so all
of us can socialize. WE will make sure that nothing gets schedule early in
the morning since if it goes as the event did last time none of us will be
in bed before 5 am

Tuesday and Wednesday we can schedule events such as the tiger rescue and
maybe the theme parks since at this time the weather is nice about
55-85 degrees no humidity we can do a lot of things

For the rest of the week the cruise was mention People can join the cruise
for a 3 day event and be able to fly out on Sunday
we can have events planned for the rest of the week

If you have any thought pipe them in. Help us out here

Between me , Charleen, Helen and a few others we are going to have our
hands full

Old July 31st 08, 05:16 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Matthew[_3_]

number is in your email
"tanadashoes" wrote in message
news

"Matthew" wrote in message
g.com...
[...]

There's so much here to think about.

The hotel we stayed in when we were down there had "The Tourist Channel"
which included tourist attractions, safety tips, and events. I fell in
love with and have to go see "Shell World." Old Town also had events that
looked interesting and there is so much that we were interested in but
had neither time or money to visit.

If needed, I'll be glad to share my room with another person. Could we
arrange a general buffet, maybe at a buffet place like Western Sizzlin' so
that those of us who can't have certain foods can find foods that work for
them. It wouldn't be a bad idea to have a central hotel and have a
private meeting room where we can hang out. It is something to think
about.

I like the time frame, though it is so iffy for me. I really intend to be
there if at all possible.

OH heads up alert. Mike leaves here on August 10 for Orlando. Being the
worry wart I am, I keep having dreams where he is in danger. Anyway, I
told him that he is to make sure that he has your and Charleen's numbers
on his cell phone and to contact you after he gets there. He's a good kid
and I know that you'll be there if he needs you.

Pam S.

Old July 31st 08, 05:44 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
tanadashoes

"Matthew" wrote in message
ng.com...
number is in your email

Thanks Matthew. I worry about them. As much as I complain about them,
they're really good people and I'm rather proud of them. The owners adore
them, which, in my opinion is more telling than anything I write.

Pam S.

Old July 31st 08, 10:44 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
kilikini

Matthew wrote:
[...]

Has the location definitely been determined to be Orlando? If so, my
husband and I can possibly hook up with the group on Saturday or Sunday
because Orlando's only about an hour and a half away. If you go to the
Tiger rescue at some point during the week, my husband will be working, but
I'd *love* to go. I live only about 45 mintues to an hour from the rescue,
I just have no way to get there. I know it's still early in the game,
though. We'll figure things out as people speak out. :~)

kili

Old July 31st 08, 11:31 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Adrian[_2_]

kilikini wrote:
Matthew wrote:
[...]

If I'm able to make the trip I'd almost certainly be hiring a car, I'm sure
someone would be able to take you.
Cats leave pawprints on your heart

Old July 31st 08, 12:06 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Yowie

"Adrian" wrote in message
om
kilikini wrote:
Matthew wrote:
[...]

Unless something dramatic happens with our finances between now and then, we
won't be going. So far I have no sponsors to go slap Granby with a haddock,
so even that funding option is out :-)

Of course, if something miraculous *does* happen, we'd *love* to be there!

Yowie

Old July 31st 08, 12:10 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
kilikini

Adrian wrote:
kilikini wrote:

Has the location definitely been determined to be Orlando? If so, my
husband and I can possibly hook up with the group on Saturday or
Sunday because Orlando's only about an hour and a half away. If you
go to the Tiger rescue at some point during the week, my husband will
be working, but I'd *love* to go. I live only about 45 mintues to an
hour from the rescue, I just have no way to get there. I know it's
still early in the game, though. We'll figure things out as people
speak out. :~)
kili

If I'm able to make the trip I'd almost certainly be hiring a car,
I'm sure someone would be able to take you.

That would be great! I'm really not far from Tampa.

kili

Old July 31st 08, 10:03 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

If you have any thought *pipe them in. *Help us out here

Between me , Charleen, *Helen and a few others we are going to have our
hands full

Hi all,

We have a Yahoo Group set up for this - if you want in, let me know
and I can add you. My email isn't munged. We need to use the yahoo
meassgae facility so we don't lose track of all the ideas and
suggestions.

What I will say, is that we'll go with a general consensus of idea and
then offer a couple of options. It will then be arranged through a
tame travel agent. I've done a similar conference type organisation
before, so I have a rough idea.

Let me know if you want in on the yahoo group, otherwise we will be
losing posts as i don't always have access to RPCA.

Helen M

Ping the group Matthew[_3_] Cat anecdotes 5 July 24th 08 01:00 PM
PING THE GROUP Matthew Cat anecdotes 3 October 3rd 06 01:44 AM
PING AUSTRALIAN MEMBERS OF THE GROUP Matthew aka NMR Cat anecdotes 11 May 17th 06 11:26 PM
This is a CAT group not a CHAT group BuZZard Cat health & behaviour 36 March 12th 05 04:37 AM