I hope I have done my bit!

Old March 8th 09, 10:46 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

Default I hope I have done my bit!

Lesley wrote:

A while back at work someone said someone else was interested in
getting a kitten so I said "How old?" and got the answer
"Ummm....newborn?" Okay so the person asking the question wasn't the
person wanting a kitten so I gently explained that was the wrong
answer on so many levels.....

[snip]

Good work!!

--
Joyce ^..^

Old March 9th 09, 12:07 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Chris H[_2_]

Glad you were there to educate her, Lesley! It sounds like she
just had some ill thought out ideas. Bravo for setting her
straight!

Chris and the Fairfax Fur Factory
(In loving memory of Tripper)

Lesley wrote:
A while back at work someone said someone else was interested in
getting a kitten so I said "How old?" and got the answer
"Ummm....newborn?" Okay so the person asking the question wasn't the
person wanting a kitten so I gently explained that was the wrong
answer on so many levels.....

snipped

She just called me to inform me her persian has now been spayed.
RESULT

Lesley

Slave of the Fabulous Furballs

Old March 9th 09, 12:18 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Joy

"Lesley" wrote in message
A while back at work someone said someone else was interested in
getting a kitten so I said "How old?" and got the answer
"Ummm....newborn?" Okay so the person asking the question wasn't the
person wanting a kitten so I gently explained that was the wrong
answer on so many levels.....

Then the person (she's very nice btw mid to late teens if I am any
judge not that I am good at ages but a nice kid) emailed me to ask how
she could get a kitten- how much would it cost? So I offered that if
she needed to read more I have plenty of books to lend her, if she had
any questions she could always ask me and here's the URL for a shelter
near you. Plenty of nice kittens, reasonably priced. I even gave her
my mobile number

Nothing else was said until the other week...she works in another
office so I don't see her unless she's covering on my side so when I
did see her I asked how the kitten search was going on...she has a
kitten...saw her on the internet and nothing would do but she had to
have this kitten...had a brief moment of imaging her seeing a little
face on the CPL page or Cat.chat (I had given her both URL's as well)
only to be shown a picture of a grey and white persian which cost her
six hundred pounds and she had to go all the way to Oxford to get from
the breeder. Admitedly the breeder wasn't ready to sell her until she
was nearly 4 months old and from what I was told, she was chipped,
vaccinated, tested for nasties, seen in a household enviroment with
mother you know...all the checks to make sure it's not a kitten mill
kitten...okay I'd rather she'd taken in a shelter kitten but despite
the fact I am not keen on Persian's (Flat faces don't do a lot for me)
she looked a cutie so...

then the other day someone asked me how old a queen is before
she....you know...is ready for it (I am the office cat expert) "Five
months at the earliest" said I and the girl with the Persian squeaked
from behind the shelving "She;s almost that old"

"She needs done then" said someone
"No! I want her to have one litter of kittens before that! I'll find
homes for them and keep one to keep her company!"
Then she added "I've been told if I mated her to a male persian I
could sell the kittens for lots of money"

She got both barrels I may have been a bit extreme I may have
exaggerated facts but I, first off told her to breed from a 5-month
queen was likely to lead to dead kittens she needed to breed from the
queen when she was at least a year old and in the meantime she would
have to deal with a noisy queen on heat determined to get out. Then
(I sorta remembered this from something Mesybeast wrote) did she have
permission from the breeder....turns out kitten was sold as "Not to be
bred from" so she would be unlikely presenting the cats pedigree to
get a decent stud and even if she did. she'd pay a lot of money and be
unlikely to sell the kittens for top prices,,,,, just as she was
wavering said "Another thing about Persians if with the flat face they
often can't get the sac off the newborn kitten so you have to do it
" (Don;t know if that is true but Pekinese have that sort of problem)
never seen anyone go that shade of green before oh then there's the
vet bills, the fact that people will expect these pedigree kittens be
chipped and have vaccinations and that costs.

She then reverted to "But she can have kittens with another cat"

And I looked at her and said "Until there is a waiting list for every
kitten born.there are kittens sitting in shelters waiting for a home
most of whom are on death row for no more crime than someone thought
they could find homes for that one litter.....and okay you might find
homes for any kittens your cat has....but that just takes up homes
other kittens in shelters might have had"

She just called me to inform me her persian has now been spayed.
RESULT

Lesley

Wow! You educated her! Good work!

Joy

Old March 9th 09, 06:39 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Marina

Lesley wrote:

She just called me to inform me her persian has now been spayed.
RESULT

Well done!

--
Marina, Miranda and Caliban.
In loving memory of Frank and Nikki.
Old March 9th 09, 09:18 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

She *just called me to inform me her persian has now been spayed.
RESULT

Lesley

FANTASTIC!!! Well done Lesley!!

Helen M

Old March 9th 09, 03:23 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christine Burel[_2_]

Location: Albuquerque, NM, USA

Good for you, Lesley.
Christine

Old March 10th 09, 07:37 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
tanadashoes

"Lesley" wrote in message

And I looked at her and said "Until there is a waiting list for every
kitten born.there are kittens sitting in shelters waiting for a home
most of whom are on death row for no more crime than someone thought
they could find homes for that one litter.....and okay you might find
homes for any kittens your cat has....but that just takes up homes
other kittens in shelters might have had"

She just called me to inform me her persian has now been spayed.
RESULT

YAY!!!!!!!!! Ya dun good Lesley. Thank you.

Pam S.

Old March 17th 09, 08:26 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
polonca12000

Lesley wrote:
snip
She just called me to inform me her persian has now been spayed.
RESULT

Lesley

Slave of the Fabulous Furballs

That's wonderful, Lesley.