Possible thyroid issues now possible tumor.

Old March 14th 09, 10:10 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
spot

Default Possible thyroid issues now possible tumor.

The lab work came back on Squeekers. It turns out not only are his
kidney & liver ok but so is his thyroid. So we have no explanation as
to why he's lost so much weight other than it might be a tumor.

I have to take him back in a couple months and see if she can feel
anything in the neck region. She told me usually thats where tumors
show up but she can't feel anything right now. Just to feed him
anything he wants and if I notice anything to call right away.

It doesn't surprise me this is going on. This is the same cat who as a
1 year old had a tumor on his tongue. When it was biopsied it turned
out to be thyroid tissue that had migrated. They figured it was a birth
defect since they had never seen this happen before at the university
where she sent it to be tested.

He's eating like a champion, he ate a whole can of fancy feast himself
last night. Usually all he does is lick off the gravy this time he
cleaned the plate entirely. Since he likes the canned food so well
right now I'm going to give him all he wants of it to see if I can get
any weight back on him.

This week sucked. His sister went to the vets the day before because in
the morning she kept falling over when she'd try and get up on anything.
It turns out she has nystagmus which may or may not mean she has a
brain tumor. She already lost a leg at the age of 2 due to a giant cell
tumor. I'm not holding my breath any that I'm not going to loose her
soon.

Celeste
Old March 15th 09, 03:50 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Stormmee

I am sorry this is happening, if he will eat the FF give him all he wants,
if you want to give him a wieght boost try some baby food, Lee

Old March 15th 09, 06:28 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

I'm so sorry to hear that both of your kitties are having health
problems. Purrs coming for them and for you.

Debbie

Old March 15th 09, 09:07 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Lucys Mom[_2_]

spot wrote:
[...]

I'm so sorry things are going so bad for y'all. Purrs that things
settle down soon...

-Eric, Kim and the Chigger Ranch Crew

Old March 17th 09, 09:30 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
polonca12000

spot wrote:
The lab work came back on Squeekers. It turns out not only are his
kidney & liver ok but so is his thyroid. So we have no explanation as
to why he's lost so much weight other than it might be a tumor.

snip
This week sucked. His sister went to the vets the day before because in
the morning she kept falling over when she'd try and get up on anything.
It turns out she has nystagmus which may or may not mean she has a
brain tumor. She already lost a leg at the age of 2 due to a giant cell
tumor. I'm not holding my breath any that I'm not going to loose her soon.

Celeste

Lots and lots of purrs and hugs,
Polonca and Soncek

cat tumor [email protected] Cat anecdotes 4 January 24th 08 02:46 AM
Abelard has a tumor Pat Cat anecdotes 43 November 15th 05 09:52 PM
Tumor (?)on old cat's ear clare Cat health & behaviour 13 June 30th 05 12:28 AM
OT (sorry) Tumor question Cheryl Cat anecdotes 20 August 29th 04 12:16 AM