Snake swallows small dog, whole

Old March 16th 09, 01:49 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
ScratchMonkey

Default Snake swallows small dog, whole

Recalling the recent discussion of why you don't let your pets run loose in
Florida, here's an Australian story about a snake that swallows a small (14
pound) terrier:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/worl...Are-Bindi-The-
10ft-snake-swallowed-14lb-pet-terrier--WHOLE.html

And in another Australian story, a croc eats a 5 year old kid, and the
parents say leave the croc alone:

http://www.belowtopsecret.com/forum/thread438202/pg1
Old March 16th 09, 05:13 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Matthew[_3_]

"ScratchMonkey" wrote in message
. ..
Recalling the recent discussion of why you don't let your pets run loose
in
Florida, here's an Australian story about a snake that swallows a small
(14
pound) terrier:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/worl...Are-Bindi-The-
10ft-snake-swallowed-14lb-pet-terrier--WHOLE.html

Yeah we have had an invasion of those snakes from idiot pet owners releasing
them into the wild. They had a picture of one and a gator that both lost
the fight between each other

And in another Australian story, a croc eats a 5 year old kid, and the
parents say leave the croc alone:

http://www.belowtopsecret.com/forum/thread438202/pg1

Nice parents

Old March 17th 09, 01:39 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
John F. Eldredge

On Mon, 16 Mar 2009 13:13:22 -0400, Matthew wrote:

"ScratchMonkey" wrote in
message . ..
And in another Australian story, a croc eats a 5 year old kid, and the
parents say leave the croc alone:

http://www.belowtopsecret.com/forum/thread438202/pg1

Nice parents

The general rule of thumb, at least here in the USA, has been that a
predatory animal that kills a human will be put down, since, now that it
knows that it is possible to kill humans, it may try it again. We are
much easier to catch than a lot of other prey animals.

--
John F. Eldredge --
PGP key available from
Old March 17th 09, 04:00 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Gandalf

On 17 Mar 2009 01:39:45 GMT, "John F. Eldredge"
wrote:

On Mon, 16 Mar 2009 13:13:22 -0400, Matthew wrote:

"ScratchMonkey" wrote in
message . ..
And in another Australian story, a croc eats a 5 year old kid, and the
parents say leave the croc alone:

http://www.belowtopsecret.com/forum/thread438202/pg1

Nice parents

The general rule of thumb, at least here in the USA, has been that a
predatory animal that kills a human will be put down, since, now that it
knows that it is possible to kill humans, it may try it again. We are
much easier to catch than a lot of other prey animals.

Just one more reason to ALWAYS carry a S&W 500 magnum revolver.

Seriously though: If I lived in an area where there were predators big
enough to kill me, I'd ALWAYS be armed.
Old March 17th 09, 05:19 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Matthew[_3_]

wrote:

On Mon, 16 Mar 2009 13:13:22 -0400, Matthew wrote:

"ScratchMonkey" wrote in
message . ..
And in another Australian story, a croc eats a 5 year old kid, and the
parents say leave the croc alone:

http://www.belowtopsecret.com/forum/thread438202/pg1

Nice parents

The general rule of thumb, at least here in the USA, has been that a
predatory animal that kills a human will be put down, since, now that it
knows that it is possible to kill humans, it may try it again. We are
much easier to catch than a lot of other prey animals.

Just one more reason to ALWAYS carry a S&W 500 magnum revolver.

Seriously though: If I lived in an area where there were predators big
enough to kill me, I'd ALWAYS be armed.

IF that includes old farts I am ready ;-)

Old March 17th 09, 08:50 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
ScratchMonkey

"Matthew" wrote in news:49be88a7$0$17031
:

And in another Australian story, a croc eats a 5 year old kid, and the
parents say leave the croc alone:

http://www.belowtopsecret.com/forum/thread438202/pg1

Nice parents

I figure they should first feed the parents to the croc. And anyone else
who thinks crocs come before humans. Then you won't have anyone left
standing up for the croc's rights.

BTW, anyone remember the movie "I Was a Teenage Frankenstein"? With the
"spare parts disposal system".
Old March 17th 09, 12:36 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

"ScratchMonkey" wrote in message
. ..
Recalling the recent discussion of why you don't let your pets run loose
in
Florida, here's an Australian story about a snake that swallows a small
(14
pound) terrier:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/worl...Are-Bindi-The-
10ft-snake-swallowed-14lb-pet-terrier--WHOLE.html

And in another Australian story, a croc eats a 5 year old kid, and the
parents say leave the croc alone:

http://www.belowtopsecret.com/forum/thread438202/pg1

I think you're recalling my post about needing toys to keep Persia active.
I think it was Tweed who suggested I let her go outside, which is when I
replied there are alligators here, not a good idea.

Aside from alligators, there are birds (hawks and owls) which could easily
carry off my cat and turn her into a snack. I see hawks wafting on the
breeze all the time; they look like they're playing but they're constantly
on the lookout for prey on the ground. That includes cats. A hawk landed
right outside my window last year... it was huge. When it took flight the
wing-span was close to a meter.

Jill

Old March 18th 09, 02:03 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

"jmcquown" wrote in message
[...]

Yep, it was me. I hold my hands up for a stupid idea.
It's not easy for me to understand the predator problem in the USA.
We only have three snakes, only one is venomous. We have no mammal
predators bigger than a fox or badger.
Some foxes will eat cats but it's unusual, not unheard of though so it has
to be taken into consideration if I allow my cats outside. Boyfie would
easily get up a tree if he was threatened, he can climb like a monkey and he
isn't stupid.
KFC would be an easy target for a vixen now if she was feeding cubs which
will be soon. Fortunately she hardly ever goes outside. Give her a fire to
lay beside and she's happy.
She did step outside today. There was a ray of sunshine shining on a big
stone thingie in the garden and she noticed it and perched on top of it.
I want this summer to be HOT for her so she can bask in the sun she loves.

Tweed

OT Meerkat Flower Done in by Snake kraut Cat community 2 September 29th 07 07:32 PM
Cat swallows food whole Robotech_Master Cat health & behaviour 6 September 29th 06 05:02 PM
Snake just came out of the ceiling!!! badwilson Cat anecdotes 41 December 7th 05 04:09 PM
Snake! badwilson Cat anecdotes 20 February 27th 05 02:53 AM
Bonnie Catches a Snake Bev Cat anecdotes 15 January 11th 04 08:22 PM