Been in hospital overnight

Old March 12th 09, 06:03 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Matthew[_3_]

Default Been in hospital overnight

sending purrs for you to be better

"Christina Websell" wrote in message
Don't ask. Once again my wonderful friend June came to the rescue to look
after my cats and chickens.
I only needed to advise her of it and she was there. She fetched me out
hospital today when there was an 8 hour wait for an ambulance and I was
desperate to get home.
She is as capable as I am to get KFC to feed.

As for myself I am not too well atm and the consultant surgeon asked
everyone around about my health except me. He wanted to know what was
going on with the ovarian cancer and no-one knew. He should have asked me
maybe.

Old March 12th 09, 09:49 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Adrian[_2_]

Christina Websell wrote:
Don't ask. Once again my wonderful friend June came to the rescue to
look after my cats and chickens.
I only needed to advise her of it and she was there. She fetched me
out hospital today when there was an 8 hour wait for an ambulance and
I was desperate to get home.
She is as capable as I am to get KFC to feed.

As for myself I am not too well atm and the consultant surgeon asked
everyone around about my health except me. He wanted to know what
was going on with the ovarian cancer and no-one knew. He should have
asked me maybe.

Lots of purrs on the way. {{{{{{{{{{{{ Christina }}}}}}}}}}}}
Cats leave pawprints on your heart

Old March 12th 09, 11:13 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Chris H[_2_]

Purrs and good healing thoughts from across the pond! Hope you're back
to tending KFC, Boyfriend and the chickens quickly!

(And yes, you'd think the surgeon would have asked you...)

Best wishes -

Chris, Katie, Hazard and Oreo
(In loving memory of Tripper)

Old March 12th 09, 11:30 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Stormmee

yes he should have, and i think this warrents at least a complaint about his
bedside manner if not ability at the least, we will purr and pray for you,
Lee

Old March 12th 09, 12:02 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Lucys Mom[_2_]

Christina Websell wrote:
Don't ask. Once again my wonderful friend June came to the rescue to look
after my cats and chickens.
I only needed to advise her of it and she was there. She fetched me out
hospital today when there was an 8 hour wait for an ambulance and I was
desperate to get home.
She is as capable as I am to get KFC to feed.

As for myself I am not too well atm and the consultant surgeon asked
everyone around about my health except me. He wanted to know what was
going on with the ovarian cancer and no-one knew. He should have asked me
maybe.

Take care, Christina. Lucy is purring up a storm over here and we'll be
sending it your way...

-Eric, Kim and Lucy
Old March 12th 09, 01:38 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
CatNipped[_2_]

"Christina Websell" wrote in message
Don't ask. Once again my wonderful friend June came to the rescue to look
after my cats and chickens.
I only needed to advise her of it and she was there. She fetched me out
hospital today when there was an 8 hour wait for an ambulance and I was
desperate to get home.
She is as capable as I am to get KFC to feed.

As for myself I am not too well atm and the consultant surgeon asked
everyone around about my health except me. He wanted to know what was
going on with the ovarian cancer and no-one knew. He should have asked me
maybe.

Oh my gawd, Tweed, I didn't even know you were feeling unwell. Did they
give you a diagnosis? What's going on sweetie??

Hugs,

CatNipped

Old March 12th 09, 04:05 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Irulan

Tweed, you are always and will always be a part of our evening rosary
prayers. Take good care of yourself.

Lily & her mama

--
Irulan
from the stars we come

Old March 12th 09, 09:05 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

He was loathsome. He brought to mind the old joke "what's the difference
between God and a consultant?" Answer "God knows *He's* not a consultant.."
As he moved away to the next bed with his entourage of admiring underlings,
I beckoned one of them back and mouthed "what's his name?" All became clear
when I was told.
He's the surgeon who seemed to take a delight in scarring my cousin's body
up more than necessary. Make your own judgment whether he did it on
purpose: My cousin Margi - the one who kept Debbie W advised of my progress
in 05 so you all could be kept up to date - needed to have her gall bladder
removed as a matter of urgency. She asked if she could be sterilised at the
same time as she had 6 children and her 7th pregnancy had been ectopic.
She made a fatal mistake. She asked this loathsome surgeon Mr K (who she
trusted as we all have to) how big her scar would be. His reply was "oh,
you're one of *those* are you?" She wasn't sure what he meant but she soon
found out. He removed her gallbladder and slashed right down from there to
her fallopian tubes instead of treating them as separate operations. As she
was waking up she heard him say "that one won't wear a bikini again.." He
made such a mess of her that she had to undergo further operations to tidy
it up.
It looks like I will have to have another operation soon, but if they offer
me this surgeon I will scream blue murder and refuse.
Luckily I heard him at the end of the ward round talking into his tape
recorder about me. He was referring me back to the surgeon who did my
original incisional hernia repair operation, Mr J. phew Mr J is arrogant
but he's grown on me a bit since he was nice when I last saw him in
December. He was trying to avoid me having another op, but it's likely that
will now be necessary.
Scale of arrogance. Mr J- 6 out of 10. Bedside manner 5/10
Mr K (yesterday's excuse for a consultant) Arrogance 10/10, bedside manner 0
or even a minus score.

The problem often is that consultants get used to being deferred to, they
are very powerful in the hospital heirarchy and after many years of that it
can go to their heads. Consultant says jump, the staff jump.
My gynae consultant scores 3/10 on arrogance - it would have been lower but
I witnessed him exercising his power once over his underlings and I didn't
like it. His bedside manner would be 8/10.
Scoring best would be my eye surgeon. 0/10 on arrogance, 10/10 bedside
manner. A lovely man. He was so pleased that he'd saved my central vision
with a relatively new groundbreaking operation, he wrote to me to ask my
permission to use my case in some lectures he was doing. Of course I said
yes.

Tweed

Old March 12th 09, 09:28 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Stormmee

glad you get the good guy back, I am not intimidated by doctors of any kind,
had around 20 eye surgeries by the age of 20, and my best friend in High
school was the child of 2 doctors, the one thing they both said to me is
that the more arrogant the doctor the more sure you can be they are either
afraid they aren't good enough or they are greedy and don't want to waste
time on beside becuase that isn't bringing in the cash, It was a true
blessing to know these two, Lee

Old March 12th 09, 10:12 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

Christina Websell wrote:

[...]

Oh, poor Margi! Not only is scarring an issue, but recovery is much
slower with such a huge incision. Not to mention that the immediate recovery
must have been so painful. The more they cut, the worse it feels. And the
risk of infection is that much worse, too. That ass doesn't deserve to be
a doctor. It's bad enough when a doctor is arrogant and condescending and
they're *good* at what they do - but this sh*thead practiced bad medicine.
That sounds almost like grounds for a malpractice suit. In the US she
probably would've done that, but maybe people are less likely to sue in
the UK?

It looks like I will have to have another operation soon, but if they offer
me this surgeon I will scream blue murder and refuse.

Eek, run the other way!! Better you deal with the hernia longer until you
can get a decent doctor. (That is what's happening, I'm assuming?)

Luckily I heard him at the end of the ward round talking into his tape
recorder about me. He was referring me back to the surgeon who did my
original incisional hernia repair operation, Mr J. phew Mr J is arrogant
but he's grown on me a bit since he was nice when I last saw him in
December. He was trying to avoid me having another op, but it's likely that
will now be necessary.

I'm sorry! Purrs that it will be fixed this time. And that the staff people
have it together to send you to the right place at the right time!

--
Joyce ^..^