Been in hospital overnight

Old March 12th 09, 10:46 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

Default Been in hospital overnight

"jmcquown" wrote in message
June is a treasure of a friend. And you're right, they definitely should
have been asking you about the cancer thing. (I hope this isn't related.)

They are always worried that it will return in some form. It often does. I
worry about it myself. Had I been asked I could have told them that I am
being followed up regularly by my gynae surgeon for 5 years.
But since I was too stupid to be asked I did not offer this information.
Let him struggle to find it out.
Had I not been so ill I might have callled him back and asked him about his
rudeness but I was in so much pain at the time I could not be bothered. He
probably relies on that.
This was the surgical assessment ward for emergencies. Most people were
crying with pain and in no state to challenge bad bedside manners.

Tweed

Old March 12th 09, 11:05 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

wrote in message
Christina Websell wrote:

He's the surgeon who seemed to take a delight in scarring my cousin's
body
up more than necessary. Make your own judgment whether he did it on
purpose: My cousin Margi - the one who kept Debbie W advised of my
progress
in 05 so you all could be kept up to date - needed to have her gall
bladder
removed as a matter of urgency. She asked if she could be sterilised at
the
same time as she had 6 children and her 7th pregnancy had been ectopic.
She made a fatal mistake. She asked this loathsome surgeon Mr K (who
she
trusted as we all have to) how big her scar would be. His reply was
"oh,
you're one of *those* are you?" She wasn't sure what he meant but she
soon
found out. He removed her gallbladder and slashed right down from there
her fallopian tubes instead of treating them as separate operations. As
she
was waking up she heard him say "that one won't wear a bikini again.."
He
made such a mess of her that she had to undergo further operations to
tidy
it up.

Oh, poor Margi! Not only is scarring an issue, but recovery is much
slower with such a huge incision. Not to mention that the immediate
recovery
must have been so painful. The more they cut, the worse it feels. And the
risk of infection is that much worse, too. That ass doesn't deserve to be
a doctor. It's bad enough when a doctor is arrogant and condescending and
they're *good* at what they do - but this sh*thead practiced bad medicine.
That sounds almost like grounds for a malpractice suit. In the US she
probably would've done that, but maybe people are less likely to sue in
the UK?

They probably are. I was shocked when she told me about it and told her to
sue him but she chose not to. I would have sued the barsteward.

It looks like I will have to have another operation soon, but if they
offer
me this surgeon I will scream blue murder and refuse.

Eek, run the other way!! Better you deal with the hernia longer until you
can get a decent doctor. (That is what's happening, I'm assuming?)

I would not allow him anywhere near me. I guess Mr J will be sewing me up
again in the near future.
Pity he didn't do it right in the first place, eh?

Tweed

Old March 12th 09, 11:40 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
MLB

Christina Websell wrote:
wrote in message
Christina Websell wrote:

[...]

FWIW Next time do not be in such a hurry to "get back to normal". I have always said it takes a year to really recover from surgery. And, depending on your age and condition it may take longer. Be careful of steps; no lifting; no excess bending, etc. I've been there too many time and I really believe in giving the body time to heal. Best wishes. ML

Old March 13th 09, 03:47 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
MaryL

"jmcquown" wrote in message
June is a treasure of a friend. And you're right, they definitely should
have been asking you about the cancer thing. (I hope this isn't
related.)

They are always worried that it will return in some form. It often does. I
worry about it myself. Had I been asked I could have told them that I am
being followed up regularly by my gynae surgeon for 5 years.
But since I was too stupid to be asked I did not offer this information.
Let him struggle to find it out.
Had I not been so ill I might have callled him back and asked him about
his rudeness but I was in so much pain at the time I could not be
bothered. He probably relies on that.
This was the surgical assessment ward for emergencies. Most people were
crying with pain and in no state to challenge bad bedside manners.

Tweed

It always amazes me to see how ignorant (and also insensitive) some people
can be. I have a blind friend (who has since moved to another area), and I
used to take her "out" once a week. We would get her groceries, whatever
other shopping she needed, and go out to dinner. Over and over again,
someone--in a restaurant, a clothing store, or whatever--would turn to *me*
and ask, "Does she want...?" She would be standing (or sitting) right
there, and the person waiting on us would act as if she didn't have any
opinions of her. In actual fact, she had a PhD and taught at the
University!

MaryL

Old March 13th 09, 08:00 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christine BA

MaryL kirjoitti:

"Christina Websell" wrote in
message ...

"jmcquown" wrote in message
[...]

Dang! It almost looks like they felt you'd taken your doggie for a walk
and ask you what to give her... Just goes to show it takes all kinds...

--
Christine in Finland
christal63 (at) gmail (dot) com
Old March 13th 09, 11:35 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

. ..

"jmcquown" wrote in message
[...]

How incredibly rude!

Jill

Old March 13th 09, 12:09 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

. ..

"jmcquown" wrote in message
[...]

Not quite the same thing but when I took my father to the emergency room the
ER doctor was extremely rude. She completely ignored him, didn't even
attempt to speak to him. She acted like he wasn't even in the room. She
said something like, "Is there something *wrong* with him? Being confused
isn't an emergency." Turns out he had a severe bladder infection and was
very dehydrated so he was admitted to the hospital. But not by her. (I
never saw her again except to see catch a glimpse of her storming around the
ER like the Very Important Person she obviously thought she was.) When his
lab work came back they sent a staff psychiatrist down to talk with us. He
took the time to try to engage my dad in conversation, ask him questions,
set him at ease. The first doctor was ready for me to get him out of there
before they even got the labs back.

Jill

Jill

Old March 13th 09, 09:48 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Granby

Purrs and prayers for you. A friend spent 6 house in the ER. They ran tests
and when a Doctor finally came in, He asked the nurse "what have we here?
Nurse said, I don't know I haven't seen any of the tests." My friend reared
up and said "You silly S.O.B.'s the tests showed I had a heart attack."

Doctor was flustered but they finally got moving and she is in hospital as
we speak.

You wonder why they don't ask the patient the important questions. Be well
or be comforted by the knowledge you friends are thinking of you.
"Christina Websell" wrote in message
Don't ask. Once again my wonderful friend June came to the rescue to look
after my cats and chickens.
I only needed to advise her of it and she was there. She fetched me out
hospital today when there was an 8 hour wait for an ambulance and I was
desperate to get home.
She is as capable as I am to get KFC to feed.

As for myself I am not too well atm and the consultant surgeon asked
everyone around about my health except me. He wanted to know what was
going on with the ovarian cancer and no-one knew. He should have asked me
maybe.

Old March 13th 09, 10:07 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Steve Touchstone[_3_]

On Thu, 12 Mar 2009 00:07:50 -0000, "Christina Websell"
wrote:

Don't ask. Once again my wonderful friend June came to the rescue to look
after my cats and chickens.
I only needed to advise her of it and she was there. She fetched me out
hospital today when there was an 8 hour wait for an ambulance and I was
desperate to get home.
She is as capable as I am to get KFC to feed.

As for myself I am not too well atm and the consultant surgeon asked
everyone around about my health except me. He wanted to know what was
going on with the ovarian cancer and no-one knew. He should have asked me
maybe.

purrs that you'll be feeling better by the now.
--
Steve Touchstone
Little Bit, Sammy, Spotty, Princess, Furby
Old March 17th 09, 09:21 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
polonca12000

Christina Websell wrote:
Don't ask. Once again my wonderful friend June came to the rescue to look
after my cats and chickens.
I only needed to advise her of it and she was there. She fetched me out
hospital today when there was an 8 hour wait for an ambulance and I was
desperate to get home.
She is as capable as I am to get KFC to feed.

As for myself I am not too well atm and the consultant surgeon asked
everyone around about my health except me. He wanted to know what was
going on with the ovarian cancer and no-one knew. He should have asked me
maybe.

Lots and lots of purrs,
Polonca and Soncek