House cat, tonight in North America!

Old March 16th 09, 11:46 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Bobcat

Default House cat, tonight in North America!

If you're a North American fan of cats, and also a fan of grumpy Dr.
Gregory House,tonight (Monday Mar. 16) is your night! In this episode
of "House" a nursing home worker, Morgan, fakes an illness to get
House to examine a cat which seemingly can predict the death of
elderly patients in the nursing home. House doesn't believe it...
until Morgan becomes ill for real. Here's a clip of Morgan introducing
House (Hugh Laurie) to Debbie the cat.

http://www.fox.com/fod/play.php?sh=h...=1236188470873
Old March 16th 09, 02:00 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

"Bobcat" wrote in message
If you're a North American fan of cats, and also a fan of grumpy Dr.
Gregory House,tonight (Monday Mar. 16) is your night! In this episode
of "House" a nursing home worker, Morgan, fakes an illness to get
House to examine a cat which seemingly can predict the death of
elderly patients in the nursing home. House doesn't believe it...
until Morgan becomes ill for real. Here's a clip of Morgan introducing
House (Hugh Laurie) to Debbie the cat.

http://www.fox.com/fod/play.php?sh=h...=1236188470873

Thanks for the reminder! I love that show. Anyone remember the true story
of the nursing home cat (was it last year or the year before?). The staff
all believed it knew when patients were about to die.

Jill

Old March 17th 09, 08:26 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

jmcquown wrote:

"Bobcat" wrote in message

If you're a North American fan of cats, and also a fan of grumpy Dr.
Gregory House,tonight (Monday Mar. 16) is your night! In this episode
of "House" a nursing home worker, Morgan, fakes an illness to get
House to examine a cat which seemingly can predict the death of
elderly patients in the nursing home. House doesn't believe it...
until Morgan becomes ill for real.

Thanks for the reminder! I love that show. Anyone remember the true story
of the nursing home cat (was it last year or the year before?). The staff
all believed it knew when patients were about to die.

Absolutely - his name is Oscar. Something about that story (the real one)
really touches me. I know a lot of people find it creepy, but we all have
to die some time, and in some way, and I'd just as soon go with a cat
purring in my ear.

I remember an episode of House that had a subplot about an 80-something
woman who suddenly experienced a sexual re-awakening and started flirting
and hitting on every guy who crossed her path. Turned out she had syphillis -
she'd had it for 60 years in its dormant state, and her current symptoms
were caused by neurological damage. So House prescribes antibiotics. But
she's worried - will the medicine take away all her newfound excitement?
Nope, he reassures her - the drugs will just stop it from getting any
worse, but her brain damage is permanent.

The reason I remember this so well is becaues it was taken, almost
verbatim, from a true case written about by Oliver Sacks in "The Man Who
Mistook His Wife for a Hat". Makes me wonder how many true stories end
up as scripts for that series?

So, did anyone watch the Here Kitty episode? Was it good? I missed it
because I was working late and got home after the show was over. Forgot
to set the VCR (yes, I still use one of those!). But it's going to be
on again a week from Friday, so I'll try to catch it then.

--
Joyce ^..^

Old March 17th 09, 12:03 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Bobcat

On Mar 17, 4:26*am, wrote:
So, did anyone watch the Here Kitty episode? Was it good? I missed it
because I was working late and got home after the show was over. Forgot
to set the VCR (yes, I still use one of those!). But it's going to be
on again a week from Friday, so I'll try to catch it then.
Joyce * ^..^

Sorry you missed taping last night's episode. I've only missed one
this season - the Christmas show - but I always buy the DVDs of each
season after it ends so I"ll see it then.
Last night's "Here Kitty" episode was excellent, and little Debbie the
furry grey guest star was really cute. A good little actress too. They
say the only way to train a cat to perform is to persuade it to do
something it likes to do anyway, and this worked with Debbie. She
stole the show, jumping up on patients' beds etc.. Oh, the humans were
good in the episode too!
Old March 17th 09, 07:10 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque)

Bobcat wrote:
On Mar 17, 4:26 am, wrote:
So, did anyone watch the Here Kitty episode? Was it good? I missed it
because I was working late and got home after the show was over. Forgot
to set the VCR (yes, I still use one of those!). But it's going to be
on again a week from Friday, so I'll try to catch it then.
Joyce ^..^

Sorry you missed taping last night's episode. I've only missed one
this season - the Christmas show - but I always buy the DVDs of each
season after it ends so I"ll see it then.
Last night's "Here Kitty" episode was excellent, and little Debbie the
furry grey guest star was really cute. A good little actress too. They
say the only way to train a cat to perform is to persuade it to do
something it likes to do anyway, and this worked with Debbie. She
stole the show, jumping up on patients' beds etc.. Oh, the humans were
good in the episode too!

Here in Phoenix, I've only found "House" on the USA channel (which
appear to be re-runs). It wasn't on at all last night, because Monday
nights on that channel is devoted to something called "Raw", which
features some sort of wrestling/prize-fighting. (Nothing I'd watch from
choice.)
Old March 17th 09, 10:07 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Joy

EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque) wrote:

Bobcat wrote:
On Mar 17, 4:26 am, wrote:
[...]

It's on Fox in the L.A. area. I enjoyed the episode. I thought it was
very cleverly done.

Joy
Old March 18th 09, 12:40 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

Joy wrote:

Here in Phoenix, I've only found "House" on the USA channel (which
appear to be re-runs). It wasn't on at all last night, because Monday
nights on that channel is devoted to something called "Raw", which
features some sort of wrestling/prize-fighting. (Nothing I'd watch from
choice.)

It's on Fox in the L.A. area. I enjoyed the episode. I thought it was
very cleverly done.

I'm pretty sure it will be shown on the same networks in any city in the
US, since they are national networks. They will even be shown at the same
times, relative to each city's time zone, of course.

(Aside: Except, for some bizarre reason, the "Central" time zone which
has always, since the dawn of time, broadcast TV shows one hour earlier.
I have never understood this, so I hardly expect the non-USA'ers to get
it. If anyone would like to explain this, I'm all ears. MMJ, do you
know? It is *not* about the time zone. The other 3 time zones all follow
the same schedule.)

Anyway, the first (ie, brand new) airing showed on Fox last night. But
re-runs will be shown on USA, starting on 3/27. I didn't realize that
new episodes went into syndication so quickly.

--
Joyce ^..^

Old March 18th 09, 02:27 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Magic Mood Jeep

wrote in message
Joy wrote:

[...]

Grew up with it, never understood it.

Where I am, we used to NOT have Daylight Savings Time. Never had to
"spring forward" or "fall back" in my life. Just that 1/2 the year,
Gramma (who lived just east of Cincinatti, OH) was on the same time as us,
1/2 the year, she was one hour ahead of us.

Until a few years ago - Governor Mitch Daniels decided Indiana should have
Daylight Savings Time.... and left it up to the counties whether they go
to Central (northeastern counties that want to tie in to Chicago time) or
Eastern (those close to Ohio or that do business with Noo Yawk). However,
that really got screwed up when some counties did not fully communicate
their decision with their neighbors. The county (Martin) that conatins
Crane NSWC (US Navy "base" that employs many civilians
http://www.crane.navy.mil/defaulthome.asp) went to Central. The counties
where many of their employees live went to Eastern.

Whoops.

Lotsa people late (or early) to work that year.

Gov Daniels (who's campaign motto was My Man Mitch - many who dislike him
would change it to Not MY Mitch LOL) "reccommended" (read: forced) Martin
County to change to Eastern to occomodate the rest of the state.

Anyway, the first (ie, brand new) airing showed on Fox last night. But
re-runs will be shown on USA, starting on 3/27. I didn't realize that
new episodes went into syndication so quickly.

--
Joyce ^..^

her
wipe out Bunny's world domination.