Boyfriend update

Old January 17th 14, 06:46 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

Default Boyfriend update

Well the nurse's idea of "bright and alert" is not mine. Maybe it's a
medical term for not dead yet I love him so much, much more that I ever
thought I could love a cat, having been a dog person all my life. Please,
oh, please let him recover.
I stayed up until 5 a.m. Sleep was totally out of the question but
eventually I crashed out. I was awake again by 8 and on the phone to the vet
so see how he is. Doing well up to now, medically, but very depressed and
refusing to eat or use his litterbox, which he won't use until he bursts,
and I told them that.
When the vet called me this afternoon he asked me to visit him as timid cats
will sometimes eat if their owners are there.
So I visited him. He showed no signs of recognising me until the nurse went
out of the room. So I babytalked him as if he was on my lap, and tickled
him under the chin. Then he leaned over and licked the gravy from his bowl
of food and in a few minutes he was eating the chunks, providing I broke
them up and pushed them towards him so he didn't have to get up.
Unfortunately the nurse came back before he'd finished so that was the end
of that.
The vet said "I know you told us he was timid, but we didn't quite expect
*that* timid"
I'm leaving him there until Monday, as the tablets he needs to avoid
peritonitis I simply won't be able to administer by myself and as the danger
time for peritonitis is within 48 hours, I'd rather leave him there, not
least because of the mega pain relief he's getting too. Having had a
abdominal operation myself I know how painful it is.
Ok, it's going to cost a lot but I don't care one jot. I'd spend all the
money I had in the world to keep this lovely gentle boy with me. We are the
world to each other.
Although I'd like to have him home, I know very well medicating him 2x day
with anti-peronitis tablets will be a real problem, FGS, he won't even let
me do Stronghold without assistance and in case you think he will be too
ill to object, even with his insides hanging out when he saw me with the cat
carrier to take him to TED, he found the strength to hide.
And now I might cry so bye for now.
Tweed

Old January 17th 14, 07:06 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
MaryL[_2_]

[...]

~~~~~~~~
Tweed, I'm so sorry this happened. I know this is traumatizing both for you
and for Boyfie. Much of what you wrote really does sound positive. When
Holly was in the hospital for a week, I visited her every day and that is
when she would eat. I agree that it is best to leave a kitty in Boyfie's
condition in the hospital. Are they giving him some fluids? That would
also be an advantage to having him under constant medical care. They could
also force feed him, if necessary, but it sounds like he will be able to
manage that on his own.

I am sending you my very best wishes for complete recovery for Boyfie and
for your aching heart.

MaryL

Old January 17th 14, 07:23 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

[...]

Many purrs continue for Boyfie's recovery. Don't give up. He's a
strong boy-cat.

Jill

Old January 17th 14, 07:38 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Magic Mood Jeep[_3_]

On Friday, January 17, 2014 12:46:29 PM UTC-5, Christina Websell wrote:
snippage
And now I might cry so bye for now.

Tweed

Yes, cry is a great stress relief! Then go visit him and love on him and let him know that he *WILL* be coming home sometime soon!

All 10 kitties purring for Boyfie - but especially Mimi!

Old January 17th 14, 07:42 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Larry Stark

On Fri, 17 Jan 2014 17:46:29 -0000, "Christina Websell"
wrote:

[...]

Continued prayers and purrs for you both.

---

Old January 17th 14, 08:19 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

"MaryL" wrote in message

[...]

Yes, he has a drip in.

That would
also be an advantage to having him under constant medical care. They
could also force feed him, if necessary, but it sounds like he will be
able to manage that on his own.

I am sending you my very best wishes for complete recovery for Boyfie and
for your aching heart.

I've decided to let him remain there until Monday so they can do the
peroniitis antibiotics themselves. I discussed this with the nurse today
and apparently will usually show itself within 48 hours.
So, even though I'd like to have him home I'd like to have him in at the
vets until he is fit to come home, and he certainly isn't atm.

Old January 17th 14, 08:28 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Ann791

[...]

Purrs for both of you.

Ann
Old January 17th 14, 08:28 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

"MaryL" wrote in message

[...]

Purrs continue. I know you must be devastated right about now. I know
you'll do what is best for him. And I understand how empty your house
must feel.

Jill
Old January 17th 14, 08:29 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
JJ[_2_]

"MaryL" wrote in message

[...]

Purrs headed your way!

Jay