Sound

Old January 19th 14, 08:33 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Mack A. Damia

Default Sound

Any evidence that loud music hurts cats' ears?

I don't mean "blaring" music but reasonably loud.

--
~Cogito ergo errant ego~
Old January 20th 14, 02:47 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
John Doe

Mack A. Damia mybaconbutty hotmail.com wrote:

Any evidence that loud music hurts cats' ears?

I don't mean "blaring" music but reasonably loud.

I don't think so. Pay attention for any unusual behavior. Cats are
very good at coping, they are masters at hunkering down. And I doubt
it hurts their eardrums.

Good luck and have fun.
Old January 20th 14, 03:17 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Mack A. Damia

On Mon, 20 Jan 2014 01:47:59 +0000 (UTC), John Doe
wrote:

Mack A. Damia mybaconbutty hotmail.com wrote:

Any evidence that loud music hurts cats' ears?

I don't mean "blaring" music but reasonably loud.

I don't think so. Pay attention for any unusual behavior. Cats are
very good at coping, they are masters at hunkering down. And I doubt
it hurts their eardrums.

Good luck and have fun.

Just got a new Bose radio and CD player. I was listening to E. Power
Biggs playing Bach's Tocatta and Fugue in D Minor on the Flentrop
Tracker at the Busch Reisinger Museum at Harvard.

I turned the volume up a bit and Pookie seemed to get anxious for a
minute, but then she settled down.

I have to wonder because many of us don't like very loud, blaring
music, so why shouldn't cats be the same?

Thanks for your response.

Old January 24th 14, 03:43 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
dgk

wrote:

Mack A. Damia mybaconbutty hotmail.com wrote:

Any evidence that loud music hurts cats' ears?

I don't mean "blaring" music but reasonably loud.

I don't think so. Pay attention for any unusual behavior. Cats are
very good at coping, they are masters at hunkering down. And I doubt
it hurts their eardrums.

Good luck and have fun.

Just got a new Bose radio and CD player. I was listening to E. Power
Biggs playing Bach's Tocatta and Fugue in D Minor on the Flentrop
Tracker at the Busch Reisinger Museum at Harvard.

I turned the volume up a bit and Pookie seemed to get anxious for a
minute, but then she settled down.

I have to wonder because many of us don't like very loud, blaring
music, so why shouldn't cats be the same?

Thanks for your response.

I would think cats are more bothered since their hearing is much more
acute than ours. And I know that 40 years of loud concerts haven't
done my hearing any good but I don't see how a bit of loud music will
hurt them.
Old January 25th 14, 12:26 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
T[_4_]

In article ,
says...

wrote:

[...]

Yeah - I've had my fair share of loud music. In fact most of my hearing
loss didn't come from that but from ear infections I'd had as a kid.
That scar tissue is a bitch when you get older.

That "prey" sound Karen Cat anecdotes 15 September 11th 05 03:39 PM
That "prey" sound Kwaaazee Kaaaatz Cat health & behaviour 1 September 10th 05 08:23 PM
This will sound ODD jmcquown Cat anecdotes 16 June 2nd 05 01:33 AM
USB Sound Card One Two Cat anecdotes 7 December 16th 03 05:02 PM