Boyfriend update

Old January 17th 14, 09:34 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque)

Default Boyfriend update

Christina Websell wrote:

I've decided to let him remain there until Monday so they can do the
peroniitis antibiotics themselves. I discussed this with the nurse today
and apparently will usually show itself within 48 hours.
So, even though I'd like to have him home I'd like to have him in at the
vets until he is fit to come home, and he certainly isn't atm.

That seems wise - medicating a reluctant cat is difficult enough when
it's a non-essential pill. You want to be SURE Boyfriend gets the best
in medical attention until he's well enough to come home. (Obviously,
my prayers and Mellisande's and Cendrillon's purrs are working overtime
on his behalf.)

Old January 17th 14, 10:35 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

"Judith Latham" wrote in message
In article ,
Christina Websell wrote:
Well the nurse's idea of "bright and alert" is not mine. Maybe it's a
medical term for not dead yet I love him so much, much more that I ever
thought I could love a cat, having been a dog person all my life.
Please,
oh, please let him recover.
I stayed up until 5 a.m. Sleep was totally out of the question but
eventually I crashed out. I was awake again by 8 and on the phone to the
vet
so see how he is. Doing well up to now, medically, but very depressed
and
refusing to eat or use his litterbox, which he won't use until he bursts,
and I told them that.
When the vet called me this afternoon he asked me to visit him as timid
cats
will sometimes eat if their owners are there.
So I visited him. He showed no signs of recognising me until the nurse
went
out of the room. So I babytalked him as if he was on my lap, and tickled
him under the chin. Then he leaned over and licked the gravy from his
bowl
of food and in a few minutes he was eating the chunks, providing I broke
them up and pushed them towards him so he didn't have to get up.
Unfortunately the nurse came back before he'd finished so that was the
end
of that.
The vet said "I know you told us he was timid, but we didn't quite expect
*that* timid"
I'm leaving him there until Monday, as the tablets he needs to avoid
peritonitis I simply won't be able to administer by myself and as the
danger
time for peritonitis is within 48 hours, I'd rather leave him there, not
least because of the mega pain relief he's getting too. Having had a
abdominal operation myself I know how painful it is.
Ok, it's going to cost a lot but I don't care one jot. I'd spend all the
money I had in the world to keep this lovely gentle boy with me. We are
the
world to each other.
Although I'd like to have him home, I know very well medicating him 2x
day
with anti-peronitis tablets will be a real problem, FGS, he won't even
let
me do Stronghold without assistance and in case you think he will be too
ill to object, even with his insides hanging out when he saw me with the
cat
carrier to take him to TED, he found the strength to hide.
And now I might cry so bye for now.
Tweed

OMG! I'm so sorry that this has happened to Boyfie.

He is at the best place for him at the moment as you say. I'm sure you'll
visit him everyday and so he will eat a little for you and be reassured by
seeing you. I know you're stressed out and scared for him but he needs to
see you calm. Freak out the rest of the time, I would certainly be
freakedsd
out in your place.

If anyone can see their cat come in with intestines hanging out and be
calm I'd like to meet them.

I went into panic mode but was able to rush him to the vet. I'm surprised I
didn't get stopped for speeding

If anyon cn xre
Purrs and prayers for him to continue to recover quickly and for you too.

Hugs

Judith

--
Judith Latham
Stourbridge, West Midlands. UK.

Old January 17th 14, 10:47 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

Christina Websell wrote:
[...]

Try to relax, Tweed. We know this is difficult. We're all purring for
Boyfie and for you.

I once had to rush my dog Sampson (RB 1999) to the vet years ago and I
was in such a panic I didn't put on my glasses. I can't see anything
without my glasses. As you say, I'm surprised I wasn't stopped for
speeding and also for probably driving on the wrong side of the road. I
was in a panic.

Take a deep breath. Everyone is purring for Boyfie and for you.

Jill
Old January 17th 14, 11:43 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Takayuki

On Fri, 17 Jan 2014 17:46:29 -0000, "Christina Websell"
wrote:
Well the nurse's idea of "bright and alert" is not mine. Maybe it's a
medical term for not dead yet I love him so much, much more that I ever
thought I could love a cat, having been a dog person all my life. Please,
oh, please let him recover.

OMG, I'm in full panic mode! I irrationally feel that I need to go see
Boyfie right now, although he's an ocean away, and would not appreciate
seeing me any more that he did the vet tech.

But reading through this, it sounds like he's doing well, Tweed, all things
considered. Maybe he tried to squeeze in through a broken window or
something. My God.
Old January 18th 14, 12:18 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

"jmcquown" wrote in message
.. If anyone can see their cat come in with intestines hanging out and be
calm I'd like to meet them.

I went into panic mode but was able to rush him to the vet. I'm
surprised I
didn't get stopped for speeding

Try to relax, Tweed. We know this is difficult. We're all purring for
Boyfie and for you.

Try to relax? Are you crazy, my boy has his guts ripped out and you tell me
to relax?
I'm beside myself with is he going to die and you tell me to relax?
Relaxed I am not and likely to say something
I might regret if I am told to relax.

Old January 18th 14, 12:47 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

wrote:
Well the nurse's idea of "bright and alert" is not mine. Maybe it's a
medical term for not dead yet I love him so much, much more that I ever
thought I could love a cat, having been a dog person all my life.
Please,
oh, please let him recover.

OMG, I'm in full panic mode! I irrationally feel that I need to go see
Boyfie right now, although he's an ocean away, and would not appreciate
seeing me any more that he did the vet tech.

the idea is nice, snd i appreciate it, he will not.

But reading through this, it sounds like he's doing well, Tweed, all
things
considered. Maybe he tried to squeeze in through a broken window or
something. My God.

I have no idea how he got the injury, and neither has the vet. He says
he's never seen anything like it.
I managed to get myself together to drive him there and up to now he's doing
well. Peritonitis will be the prob, so I'm leaving him there for now as if
he gets it will be within 3 days.
Having a 24/7, 365/12 vet is expensive but I'm always glad I have one.
Boyfriend was operated on around midnight and by 2a.m. the vet was on the
phone to me.
He's not out of the woods yet though.

Old January 18th 14, 01:00 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

"jmcquown" wrote in message
. If anyone can see their cat come in with intestines hanging out and be
calm I'd like to meet them.

I went into panic mode but was able to rush him to the vet. I'm
surprised I
didn't get stopped for speeding

Try to relax, Tweed. We know this is difficult. We're all purring for
Boyfie and for you.

Try to relax? Are you crazy, my boy has his guts ripped out and you tell me
to relax?
I'm beside myself with is he going to die and you tell me to relax?
Relaxed I am not and likely to say something
I might regret if I am told to relax.

Good lord, I'm trying to offer some comfort.

Don't attack me. Would you rather I tell you to panic? Okay, panic.
Stay upset. That will certainly help the situation. It will make both
Boyfie and you feel better.

Jill

Old January 18th 14, 01:17 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

"jmcquown" wrote in message
"jmcquown" wrote in message
[...]

Please excuse me for going wild, I saw Boyfie's internal organs hanging out
and it makes me not very polite, sorry about that.

Old January 18th 14, 02:07 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Takayuki

On Sat, 18 Jan 2014 01:17:32 -0000, "Christina Websell"
wrote:
Please excuse me for going wild, I saw Boyfie's internal organs hanging out
and it makes me not very polite, sorry about that.

I tell myself that that was yesterday, and today, his insides are snugly
back where they belong.

It's fortunate that he made his way back to you. If he hid or was too hurt
to make it home, I'm sure he'd have been very dire.
Old January 18th 14, 03:01 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

wrote:
Please excuse me for going wild, I saw Boyfie's internal organs hanging
out
and it makes me not very polite, sorry about that.

I tell myself that that was yesterday, and today, his insides are snugly
back where they belong.

It's fortunate that he made his way back to you. If he hid or was too hurt
to make it home, I'm sure he'd have been very dire.

I asked the vet how he got home, and he said they always do, cats mske their
way home with smashed up pelvises and broken limbs.