Lids for Fancy Feast

Old December 31st 08, 07:08 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

Default Lids for Fancy Feast

On Dec 30, 2:48*pm, "MaryL" -OUT-THE-LITTER
wrote:

We aren't required to do it, but we do have recycle. *I recycle a lot of my
items but can't claim that I do it with everything that is eligible.

Our council "encourages" recyling- yeah right!

The hand out pink rubbish bags for mixed recycling. Now especially
over the festive season when we have guests and let's be honest we
have loads of empty beer cans and bottles all good for recyling but
they never deliver the bags to any sort of schedule and this year they
haven't sent them out at all. In fact I haven't seen any since
September. And even when they do and you put them out collections are
not regular last year they finally collected our recycling at the end
of January! And we don't have a large front garden to store them in
so what with the refular rubbish it got pretty messy

Lesley

Slave of the Fabulous Frurballs
Old December 31st 08, 07:24 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Cheryl P.[_2_]

wrote:
We aren't required to do it, but we do have recycle. I recycle a lot of my
items but can't claim that I do it with everything that is eligible.

Our council "encourages" recyling- yeah right!

The hand out pink rubbish bags for mixed recycling. Now especially
over the festive season when we have guests and let's be honest we
have loads of empty beer cans and bottles all good for recyling but
they never deliver the bags to any sort of schedule and this year they
haven't sent them out at all. In fact I haven't seen any since
September. And even when they do and you put them out collections are
not regular last year they finally collected our recycling at the end
of January! And we don't have a large front garden to store them in
so what with the refular rubbish it got pretty messy

Lesley

Slave of the Fabulous Frurballs

My mother lived in a city, and an apartment building in which recycling
was required and putting the right stuff in the right place was enforced
by close-circuit TV and monitoring. She now lives in my city, a place
which has recycling opportunities, but it's up to the residents to make
use of them, and in any case, because we're so far from people who use
the recycled material, only the most valuable is usually worth
collecting (ie you might have to pay someone to take away stuff like
newspaper, but they'll take & pay for some plastics and glass - I don't
know about metal). I have so little that's really eligible for recycling
that I just dump it in public bins, or the ones at work, so the pennies
they pay out go to some charity or other.

A complete recycling program is extremely expensive, especially if
you're going to have to pay for shipping very low-value recyclables to
someplace there MIGHT be a market for them. Aluminum and plastic, OTOH,
seem to be easier and more economical to recycle.

Cheryl
Old December 31st 08, 07:25 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

wrote:

We aren't required to do it, but we do have recycle. *I recycle a lot of my
items but can't claim that I do it with everything that is eligible.

Our council "encourages" recyling- yeah right!

The hand out pink rubbish bags for mixed recycling. *Now especially
over the festive season when we have guests and let's be honest we
have loads of *empty beer cans and bottles all good for recyling but
they never deliver the bags to any sort of schedule and this year they
haven't sent them out at all. *In fact I haven't seen any since
September. *And even when they do and you put them out collections are
not regular last year they finally collected our recycling at the end
of January! *And we don't have a large front garden to store them in
so what with the refular rubbish it got pretty messy

Lesley

Slave of the Fabulous Frurballs

Oh my, it sure isn't like that here. Everybody has 2 plastic bins:
black for paper and cardboard; blue for cans, glass, plastics and
aluminum. You can use more than one bin if you have lots to recycle.
They pick up one bin one week, the other the next week and it sure
helps our overloaded landfills.
Bobble
Old December 31st 08, 10:28 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Mark B.

Isn't Fancy Feast made in China?

"Sharon" wrote in message
Does anyone have a source for lids that fit Fancy Feast cans? My lids
are tearing and I can't find anything that works. Even the ones that
say they fit multiple size cans are too big for Fancy Feast.

Old January 1st 09, 10:31 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque)

Mark B. wrote:
Isn't Fancy Feast made in China?

And your point is? (Judging by a couple other posts I've seen from this
newcomer, it would appear we have another troll!)
Old January 2nd 09, 12:22 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

"EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque)" wrote:

Mark B. wrote:

Isn't Fancy Feast made in China?

And your point is? (Judging by a couple other posts I've seen from this
newcomer, it would appear we have another troll!)

Mark B is a troll - I killfiled him after another post of his that was
a lot more obnoxious than this one, which I don't think is particularly
trollish. I mean, if Fancy Feast is made in China, it's appropriate to
post about it here. I sure wouldn't want to buy it in that case.

--
Joyce ^..^

Old January 2nd 09, 04:33 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Mark B.

m...
And your point is? (Judging by a couple other posts I've seen from this
newcomer, it would appear we have another troll!)

I think they should go ahead and add melamine to all pet food.