Laura Ann Mihstol 1993-2004

Old July 10th 04, 02:06 AM
Gabrielle

Default Laura Ann Mihstol 1993-2004

[A little white cat, tired and in pain, opens her eyes to see not her
home, or TED's cage, or even TED's house, but a bridge made of light. At
the edge, a young grey dog waits.]

Laura, Laura, it's me. Monique! I kno yew don't want tu leaf mewma
becaws it will brake hur hart ana tare hur sole inna two, but I fink yew
kno itz time.

Monique? Ize sew tired. I don't kno. . .

[The little grey cat hops over to the foot of the Bridj and nuzzles her
old friend. As she puts the first paw on the violet step, her eyes
brighten and she feels a tingle where her right leg used to be.]

Monique! Mine leg is coming bak! I, I feel gud agin.

[She glances at the top of the Bridj and sees so many friends, including
her dear Bandit, that she has to smile. Then she looks back at the world
she is leaving behind and a tear seeps out of her blue eye before both
her eyes close in a final slow wink.]

God bye! Gudbye mewma, I luff yew. Gudbye antis ana uncas! Gudbye all
mine frends! I luff yew all! I will meet yew agin atta Bridj.

[Together, the young grey dog and a young white cat with one blue eye
and one gold eye and four healthy legs race across the Bridj and join
their friends at the party welcoming Laura.]

-- Laura

--o--

Laura Ann Mihstol died at 6:44 a.m. on Wednesday, July 7, while TED
Linda held her and cried. She had been hospitalized for hepatic
lipidosis and took a sudden downward turn after showing some
improvement. Linda had had her at her home so she could do the tube
feedings and they were rushing back to the hospital when Laura died. She
was to have an ultrasound to check for cancer that afternoon. She was
only 11 years old.

My heart is indeed broken and my soul rent in two.

Gabrielle, coming out of Ben Lurkinland with sorrowful news

--o--

Old July 10th 04, 05:14 AM
Rebecca

Sundance an me is purring fur Laura Ann and hur hoomins. We iz glad dat
Laura feelz bedder now. Fangu fur tellin us abowt hur trip to da brij.
Heerin storeez like dis hewps us not be afrayed when ourown time comes, an
to not feel so bad wen owr frenz haz to go.
---
Rebecca

Old July 10th 04, 07:42 AM
Sylvia M.

Dyna assumes metloaf positition and starts purring...
Anti Sylvia is mistty eyed at reading about the passsage,
so beautifully put...

. com...

Old July 10th 04, 03:06 PM
Boogie's Mom

"Boogie's Mom" wrote in message news:...
Oh, Gabrielle, I'm so sorry!

{Boogie looks up at his meowmie, wonderin fur a second why she's leakin on
the puter, den sees dat hiz frend Laura Ann has gone to da bridge. He
settles next to hiz meowmie and commences purrin fur Anti Gabrielle)

Boogie da HarpurrCat anna his Meowmie (who sends cyber hugs to
Gabrielle)...sad to have another friend gone to the Bridge.

Old July 11th 04, 04:32 AM
The Fur Conspiracy

Mrrqueeeekkk!

G'bye, Ms. Laura Ann.

We sendz purrz an waggz fur Mommy Gabrielle anna all yowr fambly an
frendz.

Chuggz,
Ms. M-M

The Fur Conspiracy:
Ms. Martha-Mound (SOC, TGK), Mr. GrowlTiger,
Shadow da Pup, and (Furry) Fred
also Mr. TigerSam (PC) and Clarence da Choklit Moose
[Edit it to make it work.]
Old July 11th 04, 10:40 PM
Beverly Orel

Ah Laura, mye owld frend -- dis is sadsad news. I'm missin yew awlreddy.
Hoo will registur effurrybody at duh Jellicle Ball? It wont be duh sayme
wifout yew. sigh
Purrrrrrrrs, Purrrrrayers and hugs for Anti Gabe,
Samantha and duh bisitin cuzzins: Finney, Lucey, an Jeannie

Old July 12th 04, 06:26 PM
Mlle. Anaïs

Oh my,

Dis is sad sad noos. Our hearts go out to Gabrielle az we purr for Laura
to have a gentle journey. Our catdolencez...
--
Purrs,

Mlle. Anaïs

anais+at+electric-ink+dot+com

Old July 13th 04, 04:18 PM
Carol

Gabrielle wrote in message ...
[...]

My heart cries for all of you, but I am glad you had her (and she had
you) for as long as you did.

Carol
Old July 13th 04, 04:20 PM
Carol

Our hearts cry with yours, but we are glad for all the time you had
each other's company.