A cat forum. CatBanter

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back   Home » CatBanter forum » Cat Newsgroups » Cat anecdotes
Site Map Home Register Authors List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Web Partners

I've made an ass of myself in another ng



 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old January 8th 06, 09:38 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
external usenet poster
 
Posts: n/a
Default I've made an ass of myself in another ng

And I want to apologize before I do it here.

My mom told me the doctors told her something they didn't tell my dad, but
she couldn't talk about it because he was in the room when we were on the
phone. No excuse, I know, but still. I apologize in advance if I've
offended anyone.

Jill


  #2  
Old January 8th 06, 09:43 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
external usenet poster
 
Posts: n/a
Default I've made an ass of myself in another ng

jmcquown wrote:
And I want to apologize before I do it here.

My mom told me the doctors told her something they didn't tell my
dad, but she couldn't talk about it because he was in the room when
we were on the phone. No excuse, I know, but still. I apologize in
advance if I've offended anyone.

Jill


I'm confused.
--
Adrian


  #3  
Old January 8th 06, 09:44 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
external usenet poster
 
Posts: n/a
Default I've made an ass of myself in another ng


"jmcquown" wrote in message
...
And I want to apologize before I do it here.

My mom told me the doctors told her something they didn't tell my dad, but
she couldn't talk about it because he was in the room when we were on the
phone. No excuse, I know, but still. I apologize in advance if I've
offended anyone.

Jill


This is going completely over my head, Jill. What did you say to make an
ass of yourself or offend anyone? confused
Do you mean *it's* back?

Tweed



  #4  
Old January 8th 06, 10:09 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
external usenet poster
 
Posts: n/a
Default I've made an ass of myself in another ng

"jmcquown" wrote in message
...
And I want to apologize before I do it here.

My mom told me the doctors told her something they didn't tell my dad, but
she couldn't talk about it because he was in the room when we were on the
phone. No excuse, I know, but still. I apologize in advance if I've
offended anyone.

Jill


I haven't a clue what you're talking about, Jill, but I've read all your
recent posts and none of them seem offensive.

I hope there's nothing wrong with your dad - I'll send some spare purrs that
there's not.

--

Hugs,

CatNipped

See all my masters at: http://www.PossiblePlaces.com/CatNipped/



  #5  
Old January 8th 06, 10:16 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
external usenet poster
 
Posts: n/a
Default I've made an ass of myself in another ng

CatNipped wrote:
"jmcquown" wrote in message
...
And I want to apologize before I do it here.

My mom told me the doctors told her something they didn't tell my
dad, but she couldn't talk about it because he was in the room when
we were on the phone. No excuse, I know, but still. I apologize in
advance if I've offended anyone.

Jill


I haven't a clue what you're talking about, Jill, but I've read all
your recent posts and none of them seem offensive.

I hope there's nothing wrong with your dad - I'll send some spare
purrs that there's not.


Apparently the doctors told my mom he's dying, no surgery, no chemo doesn't
mean a *good* thing. Means there is nothing they can do, but she had to
whisper about it to me over the phone. At any rate, I'm a bit upset and I
said some things on another ng which were not warranted due to the stress of
it all. So I hope everyone here will be a tad tolerant if I spout off when
it's not um,,, appropriate. I'll try to contain myself.

My offer to move down to the South Carolina low country still stands with my
mom. Persia might find the lizards interesting

Jill


  #6  
Old January 8th 06, 10:22 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
external usenet poster
 
Posts: n/a
Default I've made an ass of myself in another ng

jmcquown wrote:
And I want to apologize before I do it here.

My mom told me the doctors told her something they didn't tell my dad, but
she couldn't talk about it because he was in the room when we were on the
phone. No excuse, I know, but still. I apologize in advance if I've
offended anyone.

Jill



I think she meant IF she does offend anyone in the future not that she
did offend anyone. I saw the post she is referring to in the OTHER
group. Purrs for Jill and family.

  #7  
Old January 8th 06, 10:37 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
external usenet poster
 
Posts: n/a
Default I've made an ass of myself in another ng


jmcquown wrote:
And I want to apologize before I do it here.

My mom told me the doctors told her something they didn't tell my dad, but
she couldn't talk about it because he was in the room when we were on the
phone. No excuse, I know, but still. I apologize in advance if I've
offended anyone.

Jill


Don't worry, you don't have to apologize. You didn't offend me but I
thought you seemed a little uncharacteristically testy. I wondered if
something was wrong. Purrs that you & your mom can cope with your Dad's
illness; and of course for your Dad too.

Sherry

  #8  
Old January 8th 06, 10:50 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
external usenet poster
 
Posts: n/a
Default I've made an ass of myself in another ng


"jmcquown" wrote in message
...

Apparently the doctors told my mom he's dying, no surgery, no chemo
doesn't
mean a *good* thing. Means there is nothing they can do, but she had to
whisper about it to me over the phone.


Ah, I suspected as much. I'm very sorry.
I'm not sure if you can ever escape the big C. Once you've had it I don't
think you rest easy again. I certainly don't.


At any rate, I'm a bit upset and I
said some things on another ng which were not warranted due to the stress
of
it all. So I hope everyone here will be a tad tolerant if I spout off
when
it's not um,,, appropriate. I'll try to contain myself.


Spout away. There's nothing like a terminal illness to make you angry. I
hope I can also be forgiven for sometimes spouting off inappropriately.

[[[hugs, Jill]]]

Tweed



  #9  
Old January 8th 06, 11:00 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
external usenet poster
 
Posts: n/a
Default I've made an ass of myself in another ng

On Sun 08 Jan 2006 05:50:03p, Christina Websell wrote in
rec.pets.cats.anecdotes ):

I
hope I can also be forgiven for sometimes spouting off
inappropriately.

Me too!

[[[hugs, Jill]]]


More (((((((((HUGS))))))) for Jill. Purrs and prayers for your dad
that what your mom has to tell you isn't what you think.

--
Cheryl
  #10  
Old January 8th 06, 11:22 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
external usenet poster
 
Posts: n/a
Default I've made an ass of myself in another ng

"jmcquown" wrote in message
...
CatNipped wrote:
"jmcquown" wrote in message
...
And I want to apologize before I do it here.

My mom told me the doctors told her something they didn't tell my
dad, but she couldn't talk about it because he was in the room when
we were on the phone. No excuse, I know, but still. I apologize in
advance if I've offended anyone.

Jill


I haven't a clue what you're talking about, Jill, but I've read all
your recent posts and none of them seem offensive.

I hope there's nothing wrong with your dad - I'll send some spare
purrs that there's not.


Apparently the doctors told my mom he's dying, no surgery, no chemo
doesn't
mean a *good* thing. Means there is nothing they can do, but she had to
whisper about it to me over the phone. At any rate, I'm a bit upset and I
said some things on another ng which were not warranted due to the stress
of
it all. So I hope everyone here will be a tad tolerant if I spout off
when
it's not um,,, appropriate. I'll try to contain myself.

My offer to move down to the South Carolina low country still stands with
my
mom. Persia might find the lizards interesting

Jill


Ohmygawd, Jill, I'm *SO* sorry to hear that. Please feel free to spout off
to me at will (if you don't feel comfortable doing it here on the newsgroup,
email me).

Purrs coming that your dad can at least be comfortable.

--

Hugs,

CatNipped

See all my masters at: http://www.PossiblePlaces.com/CatNipped/



 




Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
A decision to be made... Dan M Cat anecdotes 21 April 30th 05 09:47 AM
making money!!! [email protected] Cat anecdotes 0 January 1st 05 12:34 AM
News: First Cloned Cat Made Ruby Tuesday Cat health & behaviour 54 December 28th 04 09:14 PM
This made me think of Cat Nipped TBird Cat anecdotes 4 December 16th 04 02:30 AM
I think I've been made an offer I shouldn't refuse dirtylitterboxofferingstospammers Cat anecdotes 14 November 22nd 04 02:53 AM


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 11:02 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2004-2018 CatBanter.
The comments are property of their posters.