Update: KFC

Old December 19th 07, 09:47 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Smokie Darling (Annie)

Default Update: KFC

On Dec 19, 1:27 pm, "Christina Websell"
wrote:
"Smokie Darling (Annie)" wrote in ...

On Dec 18, 4:11 pm, "Christina Websell"
wrote:
She is improving slowly. After her pheasant goodies she seems stronger
and
takes a little bit of interest at mealtimes.
She needed encouragement to eat every few hours so I took the last two
days
off work as leave time so I could do it.
Today she has eaten some posh cat pate that I warmed up with some hot
water
to make it smoother so she could lap it. Twice. She will get some more
if
she wants it before I go to bed (soon.)
I have to separate her into another room so she has time to eat it or
Boyfie
will scoff it after he has gobbled his meal down, he has become so
greedy.

I never noticed this before. I didn't stand over either of them to make
sure each got their share in the morning as I was getting ready for work
and
feeding the chickens. It might be my fault because I didn't realise he
might have knocked her off her food once he had eaten his because she is
not
well enough to bat him fiercely like she used to and that has made her
become weak.
I feel so guilty.

Tweed

Oh Tweed,

Don't feel badly. I know exactly how you feel. This is why we have 7
different spots for the cats. Most of them mind, but the younger boys
(Marley and Smeagol) have a tendency to rush their food to get to
someone else's (even when it's the same stuff). They are put in the
second bedroom, and everyone else has their "spot".

You've caught it now, and you know that she wasn't getting her food.
Cats are such strange babies, aren't they? Barnabus is in early stage
renal failure, and he gets baby food. I asked the vet about that, and
she said at this point (he's 14) so long as he eats, and he does eat
dry cat food occasionally. All the other cats want his baby food, so
we are going to move his dining area to the bathroom, that's where he
gets his breakfast, so he can have dinner there too I suppose.

I've been making many offerings for KFC, as she is such a lovely
lady. Also for you, as you seem to have your own plate rather full
these days.

Be well..

Kitty will now be fed in the lounge, and Boyfie in the kitchen and the door
between will be firmly closed. If I feed them as soon as I get up - instead
of eating my breakfast first - there should be enough time for KFC to eat
while I am eating my breakfast, feeding and watering my chickens and taking
a shower.
Having the last three days off from work to encourage her to eat has really
improved her. She refused all food on Saturday and Sunday.

Annie, you have a very special place in my heart,

I am doubly blessed, then.

as you sent INDN songs
when I was told my dire prognosis in 05. I was blown away by that. I
thought "is it possible that a Native American cares enough about me in
England to send me some songs to help me recover?"

Always. When purrs and prayers do not seem enough, I sing our songs
for whoever is in need. It soothes me, and I truly believe that it
helps others.

Such are the wonders of this group.

Could you possibly send me some songs to heal a loss of a long-time friend?
She has not died. She is doing something I do not agree about and I told
her. I tried to explain it kindly, so she would understand that it was not
a wise idea. She went ape****.
I am now, apparently, "arrogant and rude* and she "regrets sending me my
birthday present."
I am so sad.

Ohhh, sweetie, every sunrise and every sunset. I will sing (in my
hoarse -from a cold- voice, I hate winter sometimes) for your heart
and spirit, and I will make offerings that she realizes what she is at
risk of losing. You are much too kind to be rude. Here is hoping she
realizes that you meant no harm, but spoke as a true friend.

A little something for her, ...
Estofis akusvpetv estemkv vte Vnokeckv Enhonretv. (never beg/begrudge
a gift given in Love and Trust) Witeye Cehowv Eenkvpiyecicetv Enake
Tur'wv atat Cenake Feke (Lest He turn His eyes from your Heart).

and for you...
Wites Cenake Puyvfekcv emetv ye Yekce Cukpe-rakko (May your Spirit
give you the strength of Thousands).

Smokie Darling (Annie)
Old December 19th 07, 10:05 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

"Smokie Darling (Annie)" wrote:

A little something for her, ...
Estofis akusvpetv estemkv vte Vnokeckv Enhonretv. (never beg/begrudge
a gift given in Love and Trust) Witeye Cehowv Eenkvpiyecicetv Enake
Tur'wv atat Cenake Feke (Lest He turn His eyes from your Heart).

and for you...
Wites Cenake Puyvfekcv emetv ye Yekce Cukpe-rakko (May your Spirit
give you the strength of Thousands).

Annie, what Nation is this language from?

Joyce
Old December 19th 07, 10:09 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Smokie Darling (Annie)

On Dec 19, 3:05 pm, wrote:
"Smokie Darling (Annie)" wrote:

A little something for her, ...
Estofis akusvpetv estemkv vte Vnokeckv Enhonretv. (never beg/begrudge
a gift given in Love and Trust) Witeye Cehowv Eenkvpiyecicetv Enake
Tur'wv atat Cenake Feke (Lest He turn His eyes from your Heart).

and for you...
Wites Cenake Puyvfekcv emetv ye Yekce Cukpe-rakko (May your Spirit
give you the strength of Thousands).

Annie, what Nation is this language from?

Joyce

Creek (Southeastern US). They just don't seem to translate well.

Smokie Darling (Annie)
Old December 19th 07, 11:09 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
MatSav

Default Native Americans (was Update: KFC)

"Smokie Darling (Annie)" wrote in
message
Estofis akusvpetv estemkv vte Vnokeckv Enhonretv. (never
beg/begrudge
a gift given in Love and Trust) Witeye Cehowv Eenkvpiyecicetv
Enake
Tur'wv atat Cenake Feke (Lest He turn His eyes from your
Heart).

and for you...
Wites Cenake Puyvfekcv emetv ye Yekce Cukpe-rakko (May your
Spirit
give you the strength of Thousands).

Annie,

I think the North American aboriginal tribes have a great
heritage, and they speak a lot of wise words. 35 years ago, I
read several books on the different tribes. I did a school
project on them - about 5,000 words - quite unusual for a Brit, I
think! I heard just the other day that my teacher kept that
Project for more than 20 years, as an example to others!

Keep up the songs, for all that need them. My heart sings along,
even if I can't pronounce the words.

--
MatSav
"White man makes big fire, stands far away. Red man makes small

Old December 20th 07, 12:37 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Smokie Darling (Annie)

On Dec 19, 4:09 pm, "MatSav" matthew | dot | savage | at | dsl | dot
| pipex | dot | com wrote:
"Smokie Darling (Annie)" wrote in

Estofis akusvpetv estemkv vte Vnokeckv Enhonretv. (never
beg/begrudge
a gift given in Love and Trust) Witeye Cehowv Eenkvpiyecicetv
Enake
Tur'wv atat Cenake Feke (Lest He turn His eyes from your
Heart).

and for you...
Wites Cenake Puyvfekcv emetv ye Yekce Cukpe-rakko (May your
Spirit
give you the strength of Thousands).

Annie,

I think the North American aboriginal tribes have a great
heritage, and they speak a lot of wise words. 35 years ago, I
read several books on the different tribes. I did a school
project on them - about 5,000 words - quite unusual for a Brit, I
think! I heard just the other day that my teacher kept that
Project for more than 20 years, as an example to others!

Keep up the songs, for all that need them. My heart sings along,
even if I can't pronounce the words.

--
MatSav
"White man makes big fire, stands far away. Red man makes small
fire, stands close."

Mat,

Every day. It isn't about the words, it's about what's in your heart,
regardless what language you speak.

Even if I don't say in here, I often send up songs for those in need.
As I told Tweed, I find it very soothing for myself, so it's a bit
selfish too.

Smokie Darling (Annie)
Old December 20th 07, 12:39 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Stormmee

I think it is not selfish to share in the comfort you are giving a friend...
it strengthens them, and it strengthen you to continue to give, Lee

Old December 20th 07, 12:54 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Smokie Darling (Annie)

On Dec 19, 5:39 pm, "Stormmee" wrote:
I think it is not selfish to share in the comfort you are giving a friend...
it strengthens them, and it strengthen you to continue to give, Lee

You know, I think that people have tried to tell me this before, but
never quite this well. Thank you. So I don't have to feel selfish
for it (yeah, this thought will last until I sleep, hee).

SD (Annie)

Smokie Darling (Annie) wrote in ... On Dec 19, 4:09 pm, "MatSav" matthew | dot | savage | at | dsl | dot
| pipex | dot | com wrote:
"Smokie Darling (Annie)" wrote in

Estofis akusvpetv estemkv vte Vnokeckv Enhonretv. (never
beg/begrudge
a gift given in Love and Trust) Witeye Cehowv Eenkvpiyecicetv
Enake
Tur'wv atat Cenake Feke (Lest He turn His eyes from your
Heart).

and for you...
Wites Cenake Puyvfekcv emetv ye Yekce Cukpe-rakko (May your
Spirit
give you the strength of Thousands).

Annie,

I think the North American aboriginal tribes have a great
heritage, and they speak a lot of wise words. 35 years ago, I
read several books on the different tribes. I did a school
project on them - about 5,000 words - quite unusual for a Brit, I
think! I heard just the other day that my teacher kept that
Project for more than 20 years, as an example to others!

Keep up the songs, for all that need them. My heart sings along,
even if I can't pronounce the words.

--
MatSav
"White man makes big fire, stands far away. Red man makes small
fire, stands close."

Mat,

Every day. It isn't about the words, it's about what's in your heart,
regardless what language you speak.

Even if I don't say in here, I often send up songs for those in need.
As I told Tweed, I find it very soothing for myself, so it's a bit
selfish too.

Smokie Darling (Annie)- Hide quoted text -

Old December 20th 07, 03:50 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Granby

Even though the song wasn't for me, made me feel good. Printed it out and
posting it around my house.

Old December 20th 07, 04:22 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Smokie Darling (Annie)

On Dec 19, 8:50 pm, "Granby" wrote:
Even though the song wasn't for me, made me feel good. Printed it out and
posting it around my house.

They do the same for me, even without the memories that go with most
of them. Of all the things I've lost/misplaced over the years,
storytime is the most sorely missed (don't have a "storyteller" close
by), especially this time of year.

Sometimes, honestly, Catnipped comes very close to being like one the
storytellers with my clan, creating a circle in which her tales float
and bounce along, with the tale (tail?) of the cat. I can just sit
within that circle, and smell the coals (and whichever wood they've
used for the "flavor/scent" that evening) that heated the "lodge" (for
want of a better word) during storytime sigh. It's wonderful, alot
like coming home.

SD (Annie) - I do like to share the songs, when regular words fail,
those always seem to help

Old December 20th 07, 05:17 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Aim

SD, I'm nosy... May I ask what Nation you are?
My partner is Apache and Metis/Objibway, and grew up on the Ute res in CO.

Aim