Local News

Old May 25th 04, 06:03 PM
James Marz

Default Local News

On Sunday, a cat named Jesebelle was found mutilated, dismembered and
left on her front lawn. Jesebelle's head and front two limbs were
removed, said the cat's owner, James Marz of Hyden. Jesebelle had been
gutted.

Marz, 33, said he doesn't think the act was performed by a cult or an
annoyed neighbor.

"They would have kept or discarded the body," said Marz, who raised
the cat.

Leslie County Police responded to the scene of the crime. However,
spokesman Cpl. Don Higgins said there are no leads, yet.

No blood was found on the ground. The limbs and head were cut with
sharp precision, Marz said.

"It looks like whoever had done this had done it before," Marz said.
He estimated Jesebelle was about 14 years old.

Jeanie Barnell, Southeast director of the Primate Freedom Project, has
posted a $1,000 reward for information leading to the arrest of those
responsible. Although her organization primarily works for the welfare
of primates, she said the care of domestic pets is equally important.

"There's nothing we can do to replace that cat," said Barnell, who has
worked in animal care for 14 years. "We need to remove this person
from society and help get them in jail."

Barnell said that people who mutilate animals have been known to
progress to more serious crimes involving humans.

"Serial killers start out like this," Barnell said. Marz, smiled and
nodded.
Old May 26th 04, 08:40 AM
Hailey

This is obviously fiction.

--
Cheryl

Yeah. But can't we send em MGW's name anyway? WEG

Hailey

Old May 26th 04, 08:40 AM
Hailey

This is obviously fiction.

Old May 27th 04, 03:19 PM
James Marz

Cheryl wrote in message ...
(James Marz) dumped this in
om on 25 May 2004:

Marz, 33, said he doesn't think snip

This is obviously fiction.

Think what you want but this is *not* fiction.

Old May 28th 04, 12:17 PM
Ann

I was wondering if anyone from this newsgroup has alerted the Denver police
as to this Marz guy's postings. He is doing bad things to cats or says he
does,,and posting on a newsgroup, so maybe they can trace his posts and
arrest him. Laws have changed, now it is fairly common knowlege that animal
abuse can lead to violence to humans as well. Too bad the law is not there
just to protect other species than humans but whatever it takes. Is this
just a form of bull**** and amusment or is this a cry for help for this
person?

Ann
"James Marz" wrote in message
om...

Old May 28th 04, 03:56 PM
Tiners

"CatLuvver" wrote in message
In article t
"Ann" NNTP-Posting-Host: 24.46.196.112 ; X-Complaints-To:
whined like a douchebag:

I was wondering if anyone from this newsgroup has alerted the Denver

police
as to this Marz guy's postings. He is doing bad things to cats or says

he
does,,and posting on a newsgroup, so maybe they can trace his posts and
arrest him. Laws have changed, now it is fairly common knowlege that

animal
abuse can lead to violence to humans as well. Too bad the law is not

there
just to protect other species than humans but whatever it takes. Is

this
just a form of bull**** and amusment or is this a cry for help for this
person?

Ann

Ann!

Don't know about the Marz guy - but all of us on alt.pets.cats
have pooled our resources behind your back and traced YOUR
posts, and we now know where you live; how fat & unloved you
are; and (more importantly) how many cats you have.

We're going to load up on some bad acid and cheap vodka, pile in
a car, and come roaring and puking straight to your front door,
and we're going to penetrate every orifice in every cat that we
find - with our cocks!!!

Then we're going to string 'em up by their own guts, and kick
**** out of them till they're deceased. The whole process will
be filmed, and spread over the internet within days (ask Marie
or Tina - they're the chief organizers!)

Want to join in?

The original sender is unknown. Any address shown in the From header
is unverified.

It's usually best to ignore anything he has to say. Someone has tried to
get him to go away but sadley he's stuck here forever. Personally I think
he's just some teenage boy who can't get laid who comes here and takes his
frustrations out on the rest of us.

Tina

--
Just when I manage to convince