My cats OK after home alone for 4 weeks!

Old November 29th 06, 07:37 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
223rem

Default My cats OK after home alone for 4 weeks!

I was on a trip abroad for four weeks. I left a ground floor window
open (I live in a very low crime area), plenty of dry food, several
pots full of water on the floor. I dont have a litter box. I was a
little worried, but I found all my 3 cats in perfect health upon my
return. They were not even at home when I got back. Try doing that with
a dog! Try doing that with indoor cats!

Old November 29th 06, 07:55 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown

Jo Firey wrote:
I could swear I have you blocked. You munged your address didn't you.

Sure did, Jo. I just blocked again.

Indoor, outdoor, whatever - no way would I leave a cat unattended for 4
weeks and think it's a good thing.

ups.com...

Old November 29th 06, 08:35 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Karen

"mlbriggs" wrote in message
news
On Wed, 29 Nov 2006 11:37:43 -0800, 223rem wrote:

I was on a trip abroad for four weeks. I left a ground floor window
open (I live in a very low crime area), plenty of dry food, several
pots full of water on the floor. I dont have a litter box. I was a
little worried, but I found all my 3 cats in perfect health upon my
return. They were not even at home when I got back. Try doing that with
a dog! Try doing that with indoor cats!

You "lucked out"

Have to agree there.

Old November 29th 06, 09:15 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
MaryL

"223rem" wrote in message
ups.com...
I was on a trip abroad for four weeks. I left a ground floor window
open (I live in a very low crime area), plenty of dry food, several
pots full of water on the floor. I dont have a litter box. I was a
little worried, but I found all my 3 cats in perfect health upon my
return. They were not even at home when I got back. Try doing that with
a dog! Try doing that with indoor cats!

In my opinion, what you just described is *neglect.* Mine are indoor cats,
but I wouldn't dream of leaving *any* cat (indoor or outdoor) for more than
a day or two without having someone check on them. You are fortunate that
nothing happened -- one could have been struck by a car, become ill, or run
into any number of difficulties. You took a great risk by just assuming
that they would be "safe" for a month, and that does not even speak to the
fact that they were probably lonely (at least, they would be if you normally
give them some attention when you are home). A dirty litter box is actually
low on the list of problems to be considered.

As a follow-up to your earlier message: Mine are indoor cats precisely
because I *do* love them. They are protected and get lots of love and
attention; they are not "prisoners."

MaryL

Photos of Duffy and Holly: 'o'
Duffy: http://tinyurl.com/cslwf
Holly: http://tinyurl.com/9t68o

Old November 29th 06, 10:30 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
mlbriggs

On Wed, 29 Nov 2006 13:55:11 -0600, jmcquown wrote:

Jo Firey wrote:
I could swear I have you blocked. You munged your address didn't you.

Sure did, Jo. I just blocked again.

Indoor, outdoor, whatever - no way would I leave a cat unattended for 4
weeks and think it's a good thing.

"223rem" wrote in message
ups.com...
I was on a trip abroad for four weeks. I left a ground floor window
open (I live in a very low crime area), plenty of dry food, several
pots full of water on the floor. I dont have a litter box. I was a
little worried, but I found all my 3 cats in perfect health upon my
return. They were not even at home when I got back. Try doing that
with a dog! Try doing that with indoor cats!

I wonder how many mice and other vermin the cats brought in while he/she
was away? MLB

Old November 29th 06, 10:41 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown

Jo Firey wrote:
I could swear I have you blocked. You munged your address didn't
you.

Sure did, Jo. I just blocked again.

Indoor, outdoor, whatever - no way would I leave a cat unattended
for 4 weeks and think it's a good thing.

I wonder how many mice and other vermin the cats brought in while
he/she was away? MLB

I don't think I really want to know, MLB!

Old November 30th 06, 01:29 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
cybercat

"223rem" wrote in message
ups.com...
I was on a trip abroad for four weeks. I left a ground floor window
open (I live in a very low crime area), plenty of dry food, several
pots full of water on the floor. I dont have a litter box. I was a
little worried, but I found all my 3 cats in perfect health upon my
return. They were not even at home when I got back. Try doing that with
a dog! Try doing that with indoor cats!

Asshole. I would like to take them away from you.

Old November 30th 06, 01:37 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
cybercat

"223rem" wrote in message
ups.com...
I was on a trip abroad for four weeks. I left a ground floor window
open (I live in a very low crime area), plenty of dry food, several
pots full of water on the floor. I dont have a litter box. I was a
little worried, but I found all my 3 cats in perfect health upon my
return. They were not even at home when I got back. Try doing that with
a dog! Try doing that with indoor cats!

Try realizing that you have posted enough about yourself that it would be
very, very easy to figure out where you live. Within ten seconds I knew you
were in the Indianapolis area. You tend to announce your trips, too. You
might want to close the window next time. lol

Your cats would do better at a shelter than there with you. Freak.