Boycott Iceland who has stolen £11.2 from the Cats Protection League

Old October 10th 08, 07:51 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
[email protected]

Default Boycott Iceland who has stolen £11.2 from the Cats Protection League

The Icelandic banks have stolen £11.2 from the Cats Protection League.
I call upon everyone to boycott Icelandic invested institutions until
the money is repaid.
Oasis, Iceland and Karen Millen, House of Fraser and Hamleys,
Woolworths, Debenhams and French Connection, Jane Norman and Whistles,
Whittards of Chelsea
Old October 10th 08, 11:07 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
John Ross Mc Master

On Fri, 10 Oct 2008 17:50:09 -0400, Fred

The Icelandic banks have stolen £11.2 from the Cats Protection
League. I call upon everyone to boycott Icelandic invested
institutions until the money is repaid.
Oasis, Iceland and Karen Millen, House of Fraser and Hamleys,
Woolworths, Debenhams and French Connection, Jane Norman and
Whistles, Whittards of Chelsea

Is this a hoax? I can find no credible reference on the Web.

Probably a hoax but Icelandic banks have cost the UK hundreds of
millions of pounds damage. I have no idea how Iceland has this kind of
clout!
Old October 10th 08, 11:14 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Dan M

On Fri, 10 Oct 2008 22:07:22 +0000, John Ross Mc Master wrote:

Probably a hoax but Icelandic banks have cost the UK hundreds of
millions of pounds damage. I have no idea how Iceland has this kind of
clout!

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...rotection-set-
lose-11-2million-biggest-charity-victim-Iceland-bank-crisis.html
(or http://tinyurl.com/4v5xvu)

Old October 10th 08, 11:23 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
John Ross Mc Master

On 10 Oct 2008 22:14:19 GMT, Dan M wrote:

On Fri, 10 Oct 2008 22:07:22 +0000, John Ross Mc Master wrote:

Probably a hoax but Icelandic banks have cost the UK hundreds of
millions of pounds damage. I have no idea how Iceland has this kind of
clout!

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...rotection-set-
lose-11-2million-biggest-charity-victim-Iceland-bank-crisis.html
(or http://tinyurl.com/4v5xvu)

OK. I'm old and I don't understand how I C E L A N D has this clout in
the world! This isn't the year 995 AD !!
Old October 11th 08, 12:49 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Her Royal Highness Cleopatra Cleocat

OK. I'm old and I don't understand how I C E L A N D has this clout in
the world! This isn't the year 995 AD !!

They don't especially. The Cat Protection League invested millions of
pounds with an Icelandic back, which then failed. It could have happened
with a bank in any country who has banks affected by the current crisis.

Cleo
Old October 11th 08, 12:33 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Fred[_2_]

Her Royal Highness Cleopatra Cleocat wrote:

OK. I'm old and I don't understand how I C E L A N D has this clout
in the world! This isn't the year 995 AD !!

They don't especially. The Cat Protection League invested millions
of pounds with an Icelandic back, which then failed. It could have
happened with a bank in any country who has banks affected by the
current crisis.

Cleo

With so many cats needing so much help in the world today, what is
the Cats Protection League doing sitting on an 11 million dollar
investement anyway? Why weren't they spending that money helping
cats?!?!? There is no shortage of need!

--
Peace,
Fred
Old October 11th 08, 08:07 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Granby

That was my thought---WHY? You can't tell me there aren't cats running
around that country with needs. How STUPID

Old October 12th 08, 09:45 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Mosey =^. .^=[_2_] Mosey =^. .^=[_2_] is offline
Banned

mgriffithsuk
The Icelandic banks have stolen £11.2 from the Cats Protection League.
I call upon everyone to boycott Icelandic invested institutions until
the money is repaid.
Oasis, Iceland and Karen Millen, House of Fraser and Hamleys,
Woolworths, Debenhams and French Connection, Jane Norman and Whistles,
Whittards of Chelsea

we will boycot dem
Shayme on dem!!!
Mosey

stolen cats Anna Cat rescue 5 August 2nd 11 09:13 AM
I lose cats but it is birds that need protection eleaticus Cat anecdotes 11 December 3rd 06 09:34 AM
I lose cats but it is birds that need protection eleaticus Cat community 8 December 3rd 06 09:34 AM
Science diet Advanced Protection for cats RD Cat health & behaviour 12 July 20th 04 09:44 AM
South Birmingham (UK) Cats Protection Branch - Website updated Ian Cat rescue 1 February 17th 04 07:06 AM