Oliver is fine. My computer is not!

Old January 5th 04, 07:11 PM
Margaret Fine

Default Oliver is fine. My computer is not!

Oliver is fine after is little drunken interlude New Years Eve. He
awoke the next morning and seemed his usual lovable self. If he did
have a hang over he must have slept it off since he had his little drink
early in the evening.

My computer did no drinking but is in a bad way and is being sent off to
Compaq for the THIRD time to get fixed. So Oliver and I will not be
able to read news ;-( .

Hope everyone is having a happy new year!!
--
Margaret Fine

Old January 5th 04, 07:59 PM
polonca12000

So glad to hear Oliver is fine. Purrs for your computer though.
Best wishes,
--
Polonca & Soncek

hlink.net...

Old January 5th 04, 09:10 PM
Steve Touchstone

On Mon, 05 Jan 2004 19:11:04 GMT, Margaret Fine
wrote:

Oliver is fine after is little drunken interlude New Years Eve. He
awoke the next morning and seemed his usual lovable self. If he did
have a hang over he must have slept it off since he had his little drink
early in the evening.

My computer did no drinking but is in a bad way and is being sent off to
Compaq for the THIRD time to get fixed. So Oliver and I will not be
able to read news ;-( .

Hope everyone is having a happy new year!!

Reminds of a friend a few years ago who bought a system that came in
one of those cow boxes (for those who may not know, one of the US
companies, Gateway, started out in a cow barn and ships their systems
in black and white boxes). No local outlet, so he ordered through the
mail.

The friend got his new system, which didn't work. After calling and
talking to customer service, they decided over the phone that the
problem was probably either in the monitor or hard drive. They sent a
tech, 90 miles away, out with a new hard drive and monitor. The tech
checked out the sytem, decided that it was probably a problem with
the motherboard. So, he boxed up the old system and took it back, but
left the new monitor, still in the box, because it wouldn't fit in his
car.

After a couple weeks, my friend called and asked what was going on.
The customer service rep couldn't find the status on the tracking
system, so said they'd send a replacement. My friend said fine, but he
didn't need a new monitor as he still had the one the tech guy left.

After looking through some ads, my friend saw that he could now get
the same system he'd paid for for a couple hundred dollars less, what
with the planned obsolesence built into computers. So he called
customer service the next day, and after some negotiating, they agreed
to upgrade him to the system they were currently selling at the price
he'd paid.

Sounds like a happy ending, but there's more to the story - and I
swear this is a true story, I actually know the guy, we were in a
computer club together.

About three days after his last call, he came home and his mother told
him that his computer had come. He went into his home office and found
that two new sytems had been delivered, the replacement (complete with
the unneeded monitor) and the upgrade. While he's on the phone,
finding out that the rep that arranged the upgrade hadn't canceled the
replacement, UPS showed up with the original system. So, for a few
minutes he had three complete systems, along with an extra monitor.
LOL
--
Steve Touchstone,

[remove Junk for email]
Home Page:

Computer Stupidities Bev Cat anecdotes 5 November 23rd 03 11:45 PM
Yowie - Purrs for a fine day with excellent weather! Dan Mahoney Cat anecdotes 13 November 1st 03 09:59 PM
New computer virus Charles Hintlian Cat anecdotes 1 August 14th 03 01:27 AM