Lousy time for dead batteries

Old February 8th 04, 03:36 AM
Yoj

Default Lousy time for dead batteries

"Mark Edwards" wrote in message
news

This is the one thing I really hate about digital cameras - the
batteries die at the worse time.

Tonight, Buster wanted to go outside. He sat and stared at the door,
meowed at me to let him out, and leaned towards the door when I picked
him up.

There followed the usual "we are trying to adopt you as an indoor cat"
pep talk, which always fails. He just gives me another insistent
"meowt", and stares at the door.

Heavy sigh!

So I open the door, and let him out. He stares at the concrete
outside, and looks mournfully up at me. There is no food for the
outdoor cats yet.

Heavy sigh!

Normally, I take Buster into the kitchen, and show him the two full
bowls, either of which he could nibble at. Sometimes he eats his fill,
then goes back to the door. Other times, he just goes back to the
door. Either way, he always wants to eat from the "outdoor cats" bowl.

So I grab a scoop of food, and put it outside. He proceeds to eat. I
tell him to hurry back, and that we will let him back in when he's
ready.

Of course, being a good cat slave, I go to the window from time to
time to see if he's ready.

He's not. He's meatloafing under our next door neighbor's window, and
watching one of the local raccoons eat the outdoor cat food. Buster
doesn't appear to be upset - just watchful.

I get the camera, thinking "This will be a great picture - Buster
watching as the raccon eats...", but it is not to be. I hurry and plug
the camera into the wall, hoping to get a shot that way, but the
raccoon wanders off.

Drat!

As I unplug the camera, and start to wander off, I see more motion
outside. The raccoon has left, and a teenage (or thereabouts) possum
is taking his turn at the food bowl.

Buster watches. I struggle to plug the camera back in. The possum sees
me, and waddles off.

Well phooey! I start unplugging, and plan to recharge the batteries as
soon as I get the camera put away.

I can only stand, with my jaw dropped, and the camera cord in hand. An
armadillo has now wandered up, eats a mouthful or two, then wanders
away.

I can only wonder - does Buster want out so he can call in the
starving wildlife? Is he their guardian protector?

When I opened the door a crack to tell the raccoon that he is a pretty
raccoon, he first looked at Buster, before looking at me. I swear
Buster nodded at him...

Oh well, if Buster wants to be generous with the cat food, that's fine
by me. But I bet the birds don't fall for even a bit of it (grin).

Hugs and Purrs,
Mark

What an amazing story! Buster must be something else.

Joy

Old February 8th 04, 03:51 AM
Karen Chuplis

ROTFL!!

Old February 8th 04, 04:54 AM
Sherry

When I opened the door a crack to tell the raccoon that he is a pretty
raccoon, he first looked at Buster, before looking at me. I swear
Buster nodded at him...

Oh well, if Buster wants to be generous with the cat food, that's fine
by me. But I bet the birds don't fall for even a bit of it (grin).

Hugs and Purrs,
Mark

Oh, double drat. I'd love to have seen that picture.
My garage rescues I had one winter shared their food with an opposum.
Sherry
Old February 8th 04, 05:10 AM
badwilson

Wow, that's so cool! Mark is a cat whisperer and Buster is a wildlife
whisperer! Too bad about your batteries.
--
Britta
Check out pictures of Vino at:

Old February 8th 04, 09:36 AM
polonca12000

Great story! Too bad about the batteries though.
Best wishes,
--
Polonca & Soncek

"Mark Edwards" wrote in message
news

This is the one thing I really hate about digital cameras - the
batteries die at the worse time.

snip

Old February 8th 04, 07:24 PM
jmcquown

Mark Edwards wrote:
This is the one thing I really hate about digital cameras - the
batteries die at the worse time.

Not if you keep them in the charger, handy!

I can only wonder - does Buster want out so he can call in the
starving wildlife? Is he their guardian protector?

When I opened the door a crack to tell the raccoon that he is a pretty
raccoon, he first looked at Buster, before looking at me. I swear
Buster nodded at him...

Oh well, if Buster wants to be generous with the cat food, that's fine
by me. But I bet the birds don't fall for even a bit of it (grin).

Hugs and Purrs,
Mark

Great story! Thanks for sharing Next time, keep the battery charged!

Jill

Old February 8th 04, 11:03 PM
Yoj

"jmcquown" wrote in message
.. .
Mark Edwards wrote:
This is the one thing I really hate about digital cameras - the
batteries die at the worse time.

Not if you keep them in the charger, handy!

I can only wonder - does Buster want out so he can call in the
starving wildlife? Is he their guardian protector?

When I opened the door a crack to tell the raccoon that he is a

pretty
raccoon, he first looked at Buster, before looking at me. I swear
Buster nodded at him...

Oh well, if Buster wants to be generous with the cat food, that's

fine
by me. But I bet the birds don't fall for even a bit of it (grin).

Hugs and Purrs,
Mark

Great story! Thanks for sharing Next time, keep the battery

charged!

Jill

I have several sets of batteries for my camera, and I keep a spare,
charged set close to the camera.

Joy

Old February 8th 04, 11:37 PM
Annie Wxill

"Mark Edwards" wrote in message
news

This is the one thing I really hate about digital cameras - the
batteries die at the worse time.

I can only wonder - does Buster want out so he can call in the
starving wildlife? Is he their guardian protector?

Hugs and Purrs,
Mark

Great story. I've been thinking to get a digital camera. Too bad about
the batteries, but I'm sure I'll get one, anyway, when finances allow.
Annie

Old February 9th 04, 12:33 AM
m. L. Briggs

On Sun, 08 Feb 2004 02:12:27 GMT, Mark Edwards
wrote:

[...]

Not knowing anything about the cameras, I am wondering which kind
works the best ?
Old February 9th 04, 12:50 AM
Victor Martinez

m. L. Briggs wrote:
Not knowing anything about the cameras, I am wondering which kind
works the best ?

It depends on what you want and what you can afford.

--
Victor Martinez
Send your spam he