Farewell

Old May 22nd 05, 06:19 PM
Jo Firey

Marina. Frank. Mere.

I'm so very sorry. I'd hoped she would have at least one more summer on the
island to show Mere around.

Don't beat yourself up thinking you could have done differently. None of
can more than try to do our very best. You did.

Jo
"Marina" wrote in message
They just rang. Nikki hasn't gained consciousness and her temp has stayed
over 41 C for several hours now. She keeps cramping, and on the vet's
recommendation, I gave them permission to release her. They asked me if I
wanted to b ethere with her, but since she hasn't regained consciousness
I'm not going. I don't want to have hysterics on the bus. Frank and Mere
are worried enough as it is. Oh, my poor baby girl.

--
Marina, Frank, Nikki, and Mere

Old May 22nd 05, 07:34 PM
Ann

Comforting purrs on the way.
Ann

see pictures of Sam at http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/ann791/my_photos

Old May 22nd 05, 07:49 PM
EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque)

Marina wrote:

They just rang. Nikki hasn't gained consciousness and her temp has
stayed over 41 C for several hours now. She keeps cramping, and on the
vet's recommendation, I gave them permission to release her. They asked
me if I wanted to b ethere with her, but since she hasn't regained
consciousness I'm not going. I don't want to have hysterics on the bus.
Frank and Mere are worried enough as it is. Oh, my poor baby girl.

If it's any comfort, most non-human animals accept death as
part of life - it's only humans who regard it as an
inevitably bad thing. I'm sure we all share your grief for
Nikki, but think of her as released from pain and hunting
happily through the Elysian Fields. (I remember your
stories of how much she and Frank enjoy the summer trips to
your island.)

Old May 22nd 05, 08:56 PM
CATherine

On Sun, 22 May 2005 10:01:27 +0300, Marina
wrote:

They just rang. Nikki hasn't gained consciousness and her temp has
stayed over 41 C for several hours now. She keeps cramping, and on the
vet's recommendation, I gave them permission to release her. They asked
me if I wanted to b ethere with her, but since she hasn't regained
consciousness I'm not going. I don't want to have hysterics on the bus.
Frank and Mere are worried enough as it is. Oh, my poor baby girl.

OMG!! I just replied to the earlier post with purrs. I am so sorry. I
am praying for you. This is just devastating for you; I know how much
you love her. I wish I could be there to give you hugs. But I am
crying with you. Blessings,

--
CATherine
Old May 22nd 05, 10:07 PM
dopekitty

Marina wrote:
They just rang. Nikki hasn't gained consciousness and her temp has
stayed over 41 C for several hours now. She keeps cramping, and on the
vet's recommendation, I gave them permission to release her. They asked
me if I wanted to b ethere with her, but since she hasn't regained
consciousness I'm not going. I don't want to have hysterics on the bus.
Frank and Mere are worried enough as it is. Oh, my poor baby girl.

((((((((((((Marina, Frank and Mere))))))))))))))))

Kristy
speechless
Old May 22nd 05, 10:24 PM
Tanadashoes

Marina,

Hugs

I'm so sorry to read this. Please accept our sympathy and condolences for
you all. Nikki was a dear little girl and we're all going to miss her
sweet but feisty nature.

Pam, Rob, and the Fayetteville Six + kittens and Speedy the d-thing

Old May 23rd 05, 12:21 AM
Annie Wxill

"Marina" wrote in message
....on the
vet's recommendation, I gave them permission to release her. ... --
Marina, Frank, Nikki, and Mere

Marina,
I'm so very sorry. I've been gone for the weekend, and just got back and
responded to your earlier message.
It's totally understandable that you would worry about the bus ride, and it
is highly unlikely that Nikki would know if you were there or not.
She is at peace now.
We will re-direct our healing purrs to you and Frank and Mere.
Annie, also shedding tears

Old May 23rd 05, 12:21 AM
Bev

Annie Wxill wrote:

"Marina" wrote in message
...on the
vet's recommendation, I gave them permission to release her. ... --
Marina, Frank, Nikki, and Mere

Marina,
I'm so very sorry. I've been gone for the weekend, and just got back and
responded to your earlier message.
It's totally understandable that you would worry about the bus ride, and it
is highly unlikely that Nikki would know if you were there or not.
She is at peace now.
We will re-direct our healing purrs to you and Frank and Mere.
Annie, also shedding tears

I am so sorry Marina, hugs and tears.

Bev
--
Cats aren't clean, they're just covered with cat spit.
Old May 23rd 05, 12:47 AM
Sam Nash

"Marina" wrote in message
They just rang. Nikki hasn't gained consciousness and her temp has stayed
over 41 C for several hours now. She keeps cramping, and on the vet's
recommendation, I gave them permission to release her. They asked me if I
wanted to b ethere with her, but since she hasn't regained consciousness
I'm not going. I don't want to have hysterics on the bus. Frank and Mere
are worried enough as it is. Oh, my poor baby girl.

So terribly sorry to hear this, Marina. Candle lit for Nikki's safe passage
to the Bridge and comforting purrs on the way to you.
Sam