The facebook group

Old January 31st 14, 10:31 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Jane[_3_]

Default The facebook group

I'd like to join up with the facebook group, but I can't be on Facebook from the job where I usually read this group. And now I find that I can't even search for the facebook group after hours, when I'm ON facebook.
Help??

Jane
- owned and operated by the Princess Rita
Old February 1st 14, 02:30 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Larry Stark

On Fri, 31 Jan 2014 13:31:04 -0800 (PST), Jane
wrote:

I'd like to join up with the facebook group, but I can't be on Facebook from the job where I usually read this group. And now I find that I can't even search for the facebook group after hours, when I'm ON facebook.
Help??

Jane
- owned and operated by the Princess Rita

The facebook version (R.p.c.a.) is a secret group and will not show up
in searches unless you are a member of it. You have to be a friend of
a member of the group and have them recommend you to the group for
membership such as me or someone else you are friends with that is a
meember of it.

---

Old February 1st 14, 08:00 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

"Jane" wrote in message
I'd like to join up with the facebook group, but I can't be on Facebook
from the job where I usually read this group. And now I find that I can't
even search for the facebook group after hours, when I'm ON facebook.
Help??

Jane
- owned and operated by the Princess Rita

As said, it's a secret group and you have be invited. I'd invite you if I
knew how but unfortunately I don't - my Facebook skills are still diabolical
and it's really really slow for me. It takes me a minute to write a
sentence..

Tweed

Old February 2nd 14, 01:27 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
John F. Eldredge

On Fri, 31 Jan 2014 13:31:04 -0800, Jane wrote:

I'd like to join up with the facebook group, but I can't be on Facebook
from the job where I usually read this group. And now I find that I
can't even search for the facebook group after hours, when I'm ON
facebook.
Help??

Jane - owned and operated by the Princess Rita

I am one of the RPCA Facebook group's administrators, and I just sent you
an invitation by email to join that group.
Old February 2nd 14, 12:14 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

On Saturday, February 1, 2014 7:27:52 PM UTC-5, John F. Eldredge wrote:
On Fri, 31 Jan 2014 13:31:04 -0800, Jane wrote:

I'd like to join up with the facebook group, but I can't be on Facebook

from the job where I usually read this group. And now I find that I

can't even search for the facebook group after hours, when I'm ON

facebook.

Help??

Jane - owned and operated by the Princess Rita

I am one of the RPCA Facebook group's administrators, and I just sent you

an invitation by email to join that group.

Hi John
I would also like to join the Facebook group, please.
Old February 2nd 14, 10:47 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Jack Campin

I'd like to join up with the facebook group

Is this user on it? I presume He knows about it already.

https://www.facebook.com/TheGoodLordAbove

Old February 3rd 14, 06:37 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Jane[_3_]

On Saturday, February 1, 2014 7:27:52 PM UTC-5, John F. Eldredge wrote:
On Fri, 31 Jan 2014 13:31:04 -0800, Jane wrote:

I'd like to join up with the facebook group, but I can't be on Facebook

from the job where I usually read this group. And now I find that I

can't even search for the facebook group after hours, when I'm ON

facebook.

Help??

Jane - owned and operated by the Princess Rita

I am one of the RPCA Facebook group's administrators, and I just sent you

an invitation by email to join that group.

Thank you! I'm in!

Jane
Old February 3rd 14, 10:12 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Bastette

Jack Campin wrote:

I'd like to join up with the facebook group

Is this user on it? I presume He knows about it already.

https://www.facebook.com/TheGoodLordAbove

That's a good one, thanks! I "liked" it and then just wasted about an hour
on it, reading posts and comments, not to mention links to other stuff on
the web. That sucking sound you hear is the Internet devouring my time.

I do have a bone to pick, though. God does not look like that!! He doesn't
have a *body*!

--
Joyce

Cats' hearing apparatus is built to allow the human voice to easily
go in one ear and out the other. -- Stephen Baker
Old February 4th 14, 01:30 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Bastette

lid wrote:

Bastette wrote:
Jack Campin wrote:

I'd like to join up with the facebook group

Is this user on it? I presume He knows about it already.

https://www.facebook.com/TheGoodLordAbove

That's a good one, thanks! I "liked" it and then just wasted about an hour
on it, reading posts and comments, not to mention links to other stuff on
the web. That sucking sound you hear is the Internet devouring my time.

I do have a bone to pick, though. God does not look like that!! He doesn't
have a *body*!

Of course he doesn't have a body, that's because he doesn't exist.

When I saw your name (as it were) on this post, I knew exactly what you
would say.

Whether or not there is a god, he doesn't have a body. Either way! I just
find the whole "old man with the white hair" image to be really bizarre.
I never saw a picture of that at any time while growing up, and I did spend
three years in Hebrew school, so I had *some* religious education. It's
just that it was hammered into me that God is a spirit and doesn't have a
physical manifestation or appearance. Of course, Jews don't display images
of God, so that's probably why I never saw that picture. However, I don't
remember anyone saying that there was a physical manifestation of the spirit.
I always understood that to be a Christian belief - but by that I mean Jesus.

--
Joyce

I wonder, wonder, whooooo, WHO! Who rode the moo-cow now?
-- Misheard lyric from "Book of Love"
Old February 4th 14, 02:41 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Jack Campin

Whether or not there is a god, he doesn't have a body. Either way!
I just find the whole "old man with the white hair" image to be
really bizarre.

I think the early mediaeval Christians got it from Greek representations
of Zeus.

I prefer the image adopted by George Burns in "Oh God!" - old working
class American in a plaid shirt and baseball cap. Michelangelo forgot
the baseball cap.