NOT safe!

Old August 28th 12, 03:50 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Mark Edwards

Default NOT safe!

ACK!!!

Little Boy discovered that it takes about an hour to do a proper gun
cleaning, as he sat waiting inside the new gun safe. When I opened the
safe door, he was sitting at the bottom, looking very concerned and
wondering what he had done to get locked away.

I need to start triple checking and nose counting from here on out.

Hugs and Purrs,
Mark
Old August 28th 12, 07:00 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Joy

"Mark Edwards" wrote in message
m...
ACK!!!

Little Boy discovered that it takes about an hour to do a proper gun
cleaning, as he sat waiting inside the new gun safe. When I opened the
safe door, he was sitting at the bottom, looking very concerned and
wondering what he had done to get locked away.

I need to start triple checking and nose counting from here on out.

Hugs and Purrs,
Mark

Yikes! That's scary!

Joy

Old August 28th 12, 01:48 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Magic Mood Jeep

On 8/27/2012 10:50 PM, Mark Edwards wrote:
ACK!!!

Little Boy discovered that it takes about an hour to do a proper gun
cleaning, as he sat waiting inside the new gun safe. When I opened the
safe door, he was sitting at the bottom, looking very concerned and
wondering what he had done to get locked away.

I need to start triple checking and nose counting from here on out.

Hugs and Purrs,
Mark

EEEEP

At least it was only an hour!

I did something similar with Ivy (RB), but with a dryer - I was changing
out the washer/dryer, emptied the dryer & went to put the wash in, but I
had loaded the washer, and not started it (brain fart?)... so I shut the
dryer door and left (after starting the washer) to put away the dried
clothes.... An hour or so later when the washer is done, I go to put the
wet clothes in the dryer, but when I open the dryer, there sits Ivy,
(not-quite-so) please as punch. She must have hopped into it in the
30-45 seconds I left it open while starting the washer....

Good thing the dryer had not been filled & ran!

her wipe out Bunny's world domination.
--
The ONE and ONLY
Old August 28th 12, 07:30 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Joy

"Magic Mood Jeep" wrote in message
[...]

I once accidentally shut Skeeter (RB) in my bedroom closet before leaving on
a trip. Fortunately, my kids decided to surprise me by painting my bathroom
while I was gone, and heard her meowing after she'd been shut in there for
about 30 hours. They went to the kitchen to fix her some food, but she was
already out the cat door before they got there. She'd been holding it all
in the whole time she was in there! After that, I started leaving the
closet door (it's a slider) open a few inches whenever I went on a trip.

Joy

Old August 28th 12, 09:49 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque)

Joy wrote:

I once accidentally shut Skeeter (RB) in my bedroom closet before leaving on
a trip. Fortunately, my kids decided to surprise me by painting my bathroom
while I was gone, and heard her meowing after she'd been shut in there for
about 30 hours. They went to the kitchen to fix her some food, but she was
already out the cat door before they got there. She'd been holding it all
in the whole time she was in there! After that, I started leaving the
closet door (it's a slider) open a few inches whenever I went on a trip.

Joy

My closets have heavy, wooden sliding doors (it even requires some
effort on my part to open them). However, Cendrillon has no difficulty
whatever getting them open whenever she chooses. How a nine pound cat
manages a task a considerably heavier human finds difficult is a
mystery. (Although I'm glad I needn't worry about her - or Melisande -
being inadvertently trapped inside.)

Old August 29th 12, 01:07 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Takayuki

On Mon, 27 Aug 2012 23:00:13 -0700, "Joy" wrote:

"Mark Edwards" wrote in message
om...
ACK!!!

Little Boy discovered that it takes about an hour to do a proper gun
cleaning, as he sat waiting inside the new gun safe. When I opened the
safe door, he was sitting at the bottom, looking very concerned and
wondering what he had done to get locked away.

I need to start triple checking and nose counting from here on out.

Yikes! That's scary!

Poor confused thing! But I think it would have been even scarier if he'd
come out all armed and wearing a headband, with bandoliers slung over his
shoulders.
Old August 29th 12, 02:59 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Bastette

news:bNSdnXoeyqlErKHNnZ2dnUVZ_rydnZ2d@supernews. com...
ACK!!!

Little Boy discovered that it takes about an hour to do a proper gun
cleaning, as he sat waiting inside the new gun safe. When I opened the
safe door, he was sitting at the bottom, looking very concerned and
wondering what he had done to get locked away.

I need to start triple checking and nose counting from here on out.

Yikes! That's scary!

Poor confused thing! But I think it would have been even scarier if he'd
come out all armed and wearing a headband, with bandoliers slung over his
shoulders.

LOL!! "From now on, things are going to be different around here."

--
Joyce

Something you'll never hear an 8-year-old say:

"Nana, will you spit on your hankie and wipe the gravy off my face?"
Old August 29th 12, 05:49 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Takayuki

On Wed, 29 Aug 2012 01:59:14 +0000 (UTC), Bastette
wrote:

Takayuki wrote:

Poor confused thing! But I think it would have been even scarier if he'd
come out all armed and wearing a headband, with bandoliers slung over his
shoulders.

LOL!! "From now on, things are going to be different around here."

Hehehe. That completes his characterization, and is consistent with the
personality of many cats.
Old August 29th 12, 03:55 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

Our cat Molly has managed to get locked up in closets more than once, and we only realized it when she started scratching at the door.

She has managed to get into the attic (drop-down stairs) more than once - The last time I needed to do anything in the attic, I first shut her up in a bedroom so I didn't have to worry about locking her up in the attic.
Old August 30th 12, 11:39 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

"Mark Edwards" wrote in message
m...
ACK!!!

Little Boy discovered that it takes about an hour to do a proper gun
cleaning, as he sat waiting inside the new gun safe. When I opened the
safe door, he was sitting at the bottom, looking very concerned and
wondering what he had done to get locked away.

I need to start triple checking and nose counting from here on out.

What do you need a gun for, Mark? It always surprises me how easily you are
allowed one in US.
Mainly we aren't allowed here unless a shotgun for hunting and we have to
have a license for it and have two people like doctors and social workers
vouch for them as a good citizen that is not likely to go mad with it and
has never had depression.
I vouched for my neighbour Stan as he fits the criteria.
I would not like to blast pheasants out of the sky myself, but he does, and
he is perfectly sane to have a shotgun licence as far as I am concerned.
Tweed