Cat Commandments

Old August 5th 05, 09:17 PM
Nan

Default Cat Commandments

I got this URL today in MyTGIF.com newsletter
www.my-tgif.com/catcommand.htm
Purrs and Hugs,

Nan
Old August 6th 05, 01:17 AM
Hans Schrøder

"Nan" wrote in message
I got this URL today in MyTGIF.com newsletter
www.my-tgif.com/catcommand.htm

One of the best ways to make me hate a web page, is to put music on it,
which is impossible to turn off! Just pass that on to MyTGIF! Horrible!!
When I heard the music, I just closed down the browser window as fast as I
could!

Hans

Old August 6th 05, 01:16 PM
Annie Wxill

"Hans Schrøder" wrote in message
.... When I heard the music, I just closed down the browser window as fast
as I
could!

Hans

I also find music people put on their Web pages to be very annoying. If I
can't turn off the music, I'll get out right away.
Annie

Old August 6th 05, 02:22 PM
Nan

On Sat, 6 Aug 2005 02:17:01 +0200, "Hans Schrøder"
wrote:

"Nan" wrote in message
.. .
I got this URL today in MyTGIF.com newsletter
www.my-tgif.com/catcommand.htm

One of the best ways to make me hate a web page, is to put music on it,
which is impossible to turn off! Just pass that on to MyTGIF! Horrible!!
When I heard the music, I just closed down the browser window as fast as I
could!

Hans

I don't care for the music either, but my computer speakers have an
on/off button so I shut the speakers off until I am through reading
the page.
Purrs and Hugs,

Nan
Old August 6th 05, 02:31 PM
Philip

"Nan" wrote in message
I got this URL today in MyTGIF.com newsletter
www.my-tgif.com/catcommand.htm

One of the best ways to make me hate a web page, is to put music on it,
which is impossible to turn off! Just pass that on to MyTGIF! Horrible!!
When I heard the music, I just closed down the browser window as fast as I
could!

Hans

That's what the VOLUME control on your TASKBAR is there for. Duh.

Personally, I rather like honky tonk piano stuff. ;^)

Old August 6th 05, 04:40 PM
Steve Touchstone

On Sat, 06 Aug 2005 13:31:43 GMT, "Philip"
wrote:

"Hans Schrøder" wrote in message
One of the best ways to make me hate a web page, is to put music on it,
which is impossible to turn off! Just pass that on to MyTGIF! Horrible!!
When I heard the music, I just closed down the browser window as fast as I
could!

Hans

That's what the VOLUME control on your TASKBAR is there for. Duh.

Personally, I rather like honky tonk piano stuff. ;^)

The point is that not everyone appreciates a page with sounds which
automatically comes on when loaded. IMHO, all pages with sound should
default to no sound, with an option to turn on the sounds if wanted.
--
Steve Touchstone,
faithful servant of Sammy, Little Bit and Spot

[remove Junk for email]
Home Page:
Old August 6th 05, 06:28 PM
Christina Websell

"Nan" wrote in message
On Sat, 6 Aug 2005 02:17:01 +0200, "Hans Schrøder"
wrote:

"Nan" wrote in message
. ..
I got this URL today in MyTGIF.com newsletter
www.my-tgif.com/catcommand.htm

One of the best ways to make me hate a web page, is to put music on it,
which is impossible to turn off! Just pass that on to MyTGIF! Horrible!!
When I heard the music, I just closed down the browser window as fast as I
could!

Hans

I don't care for the music either, but my computer speakers have an
on/off button so I shut the speakers off until I am through reading
the page.
Purrs and Hugs,

Nan

My speakers also have an on/off button, although I didn't use it to view
this page. It's a waste of energy for me to get annoyed about trivial things
like one minute of music that might not be to my taste.

Tweed

Old August 6th 05, 08:55 PM
Enfilade

I got this URL today in MyTGIF.com newsletter
www.my-tgif.com/catcommand.htm

I enjoyed that. Perhaps moreso because I am too lazy to turn my
speakers on.

--Fil

Old August 6th 05, 11:23 PM
John F. Eldredge

wrote:

"Hans Schrøder" wrote in message
One of the best ways to make me hate a web page, is to put music on it,
which is impossible to turn off! Just pass that on to MyTGIF! Horrible!!
When I heard the music, I just closed down the browser window as fast as I
could!

Hans

That's what the VOLUME control on your TASKBAR is there for. Duh.

Personally, I rather like honky tonk piano stuff. ;^)

The point is that not everyone appreciates a page with sounds which
automatically comes on when loaded. IMHO, all pages with sound should
default to no sound, with an option to turn on the sounds if wanted.

What I find most annoying is a page with streaming sound, but on a
low-capacity server, so that the sound arrives with random pauses.

--
John F. Eldredge --
PGP key available from
Old August 7th 05, 02:31 AM
Philip

wrote:

"Hans Schrøder" wrote in message
One of the best ways to make me hate a web page, is to put music on it,
which is impossible to turn off! Just pass that on to MyTGIF! Horrible!!
When I heard the music, I just closed down the browser window as fast as
could!

Hans

That's what the VOLUME control on your TASKBAR is there for. Duh.

Personally, I rather like honky tonk piano stuff. ;^)

The point is that not everyone appreciates a page with sounds which
automatically comes on when loaded. IMHO, all pages with sound should
default to no sound, with an option to turn on the sounds if wanted.
--
Steve Touchstone,

Nah... Have you noticed that some of the advertisements for college and
university registration have sound tracks ... because the students can't
read very well? YIKES