One Lucky Kitten!

Old July 10th 04, 08:14 PM
ChildFree23

Default One Lucky Kitten!

I hope I never find the *sshole who dumped this kitten...

--

Boaters find kitten swimming 3 miles offshore in Gulf of
Mexico

ST. PETERSBURG -- When Maggie Rogers spotted something bobbing
in the water three miles into the Gulf of Mexico while on a
scalloping trip with friends, she assumed it was a turtle, or
a piece of sea kelp.

But as the boat got closer and slowed down, she found it was a
tiny, apricot-colored kitten. Nine inches long and screaming
at the top of
its lungs, the cat was paddling furiously. "We scooped him up
and he sat on the boat with me for eight hours,'' said Rogers,
who is the finance director at the Clearwater Marine Aquarium.

"He was exhausted and stressed,'' Rogers said. "His heart rate
was high.''

The boaters on the 17-foot Scout Current Drift did not know
how the kitten arrived in the Homosassa Bay. There were at
least 40 boats in
the crowded area where he was found, they said.

On Tuesday, three days after he was found, a veterinarian
found the 10-week-old, 1-pound kitten had worms, but was
otherwise healthy.

He was adopted by Rogers' sister-in-law -- and named Nemo.

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/news/loc...home-headlines

Old July 11th 04, 06:29 PM
Craig

rantI had posted this in another cats newsgroup also. I am going to
assume that it was an accident but who ever originally had Nemo should
still be charged with neglegance. If you plan on taking pets with you on
a boat you better make damn sure they cannot fall overboard. And if some
one actually dumped him overboard should be taken not 3, but 15 miles
out to sea and have his/her ass tossed overboard. Sadly, if anyone did
toss him overboard any amount ever imposed under current animal cruelty
laws just simply isn't enough. Crimes against animals should be just as
financially crippling as child support.

Then just maybe would be abusers may think twice. The only problem I
have with the story is that they refer to Nemo as an "it", Nemo is not
an it, he is a being just like you and me, he's just shaped differently.
Once people realize that animals are beings like you and me maybe we can
put an end to such horrible abuses human beings do to animals.
/rant

Craig