Hi again

Old August 15th 18, 09:42 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Cheryl[_5_]

Default Hi again

On 2018-08-14 8:36 PM, jmcquown wrote:
On 8/14/2018 4:56 PM, Lesley Madigan wrote:
On Thursday, August 2, 2018 at 8:46:59 PM UTC+1, Tina wrote:
I'm not entirely sure why the breeder didn't want them to be parted, as
most of the time they don't like each other ;-)

I went into the bedroom and the next thing Ganzi let out a wail like I
just stood on his tail then hugged my leg with claws out so I let out
a wail as well

Bonnie decided to attack Ganzi at the point. Full on ears flat,
growling and Ganzi had to retreat to the top ofÂ* my bedside locker and
Bonnie still wanted to kill him

5 minutes later they're curled up in the hallway washing each other

It's a cat thing

Lesley

Slave of the Fabulous Furballs

I've never had more than one cat at a time.Â* I can tell you, both Persia
(RB) and Buffy *yowl* if they even catch sight of another cat.Â* It's a
horrific sound.Â* You'd think banshees were after them!

I've always had two at a time except for intervals between the time one
died and I found another. The degree to which they get on varies, but
I've never encountered rivalry like that between Cinnamon and Kerry.
They've settled down enough so that they will be in the same room
together - if I'm there. If I'm not, Cinnamon rules the bedroom and
Kerry the living area, with the litter boxes in the oversized closet in
between described in the ad for the place as a second bedroom. And
during all those months and months of initial drama, I couldn't bring
myself to get rid of either of them - poor Cinnamon, an elderly cat
who's been with me for years or Kerry, a skinny little thing I suppose I
could have returned to the shelter, but I got attached, you know how it
is, and the shelter has lots of cats, often more than they can find
homes for. And eventually they more or less settled down, but they don't
curl up together or groom each other.

--
Cheryl
Old August 16th 18, 09:30 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Bill Stock[_2_]

On Tuesday, August 14, 2018 at 4:56:15 PM UTC-4, Lesley Madigan wrote:
On Thursday, August 2, 2018 at 8:46:59 PM UTC+1, Tina wrote:

I'm not entirely sure why the breeder didn't want them to be parted, as
most of the time they don't like each other ;-)

I went into the bedroom and the next thing Ganzi let out a wail like I just stood on his tail then hugged my leg with claws out so I let out a wail as well

Bonnie decided to attack Ganzi at the point. Full on ears flat, growling and Ganzi had to retreat to the top of my bedside locker and Bonnie still wanted to kill him

5 minutes later they're curled up in the hallway washing each other

It's a cat thing

Lesley

Slave of the Fabulous Furballs

Cali had a real thing about cats trespassing on her territory, even though she was not allowed out. Somehow she always knew that they were out there; one neighbourhood Tom loved to taunt her. She would not only hiss and growl at them, but she would caterwaul at them. I swear this sound came all the way from her toes. One day she did this at the front door because there was a Tom outside; the other cats go so freaked out by this noise that they attacked each other. Cali could also swell to twice her size because of her thick course hair. One day she even scared the crap out of a Raccoon at the back door.

Cali was so territorial, she would sit in the upstairs window and hiss at the garbageman for stealing her garbage. How she knew that it was our garbage, I have no idea.
Old August 24th 18, 01:36 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Bill Stock[_2_]

On Wednesday, August 15, 2018 at 4:42:34 AM UTC-4, Cheryl wrote:
On 2018-08-14 8:36 PM, jmcquown wrote:
[...]

This is a bit like Cali and Smokey. Smokey was looking for a mother when she arrived and Cali wasted no time explaining to her that she was not adopting. They rarely slept together and never groomed each other. Although Cali did try to teach Smokey Hide and Seek (Hunting), although Smokey was too dumb to catch on. Cali did not suffer fools lightly. Smokey's idea of playing was to lay on Cali's back, which ****ed her off to no end. Smokey was about twice Cali's size, but never won a fight with Cali.

When Cali was dying she tried to groom Smokey (not sure why), but Smokey pulled away, this was followed by the customary right jab to Smokey's head.

Our youngest cat, Cleo whom we suspect was once feral was smaller again than Cali, but she would frequently put the run on Smokey. She tried to attack Cali once, but she quickly got her ears bitten for her trouble. Cali was front declawed.